The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I need a mod that is not a piece of junk

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by alex8039, Nov 20, 2017.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Obi Wan Vapori

Obi Wan Vapori Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 4, 2013
    Saco,ME,USA
    You may want to take a peek at Vapor Shark. I have two of them and they are great. If you have the bucks the DNA 250 is awesome. Plane Jane looks but the performance makes up for it. The Switch Box DNA 75 is cheaper but is still a very nice machine. Thinking about picking up a Hedron next. It's a reworked Wismec Reuleaux RX200S made out of better materials (no 510 issues). I have to say that I am really impressed with their stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Robbert

Robbert Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2016
    My pico and pico squeeze are probably the best of the disposable grade I have and my 2-3 year old pico still has nice clicking no issue buttons.They always work like the day I got them.

I’ve dropped my pico s over 20 times each and they just keep working.
    I may get a few more pico squeezes because they’re just a good,small,reliable mod and the price is unbeatable.
    I just don’t see many complaints on pico or squeeze version.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Enoch777

Enoch777 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2013
    Midwest, USA
    I've been using an IPVd3 for ... 2 & 1/2 years now. Not a suggestion, just surprised I haven't had any issues since everyone else seems to.

Silicon lottery of sorts? I'm feeling pretty lucky all of a sudden :banana:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mr. Relentless

Mr. Relentless Senior Member

Oct 17, 2017
    If you dont care about size. The rx200s has been bulletproof for me... but it never leaves the house. I've always liked sigs, never had a problem with them. But besides the aegis anything can break being dropped.

• Like Like x 3
  5. G and C

G and C Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2014
    California
    I've pretty much put everything but my Geekvape Aegis down at this point. It's a really great mod, albeit a tad on the bulky side. But like someone else said, it's waterproof, dust proof, drop proof, etc. And I've inadvertently put all of that to the test at some point or another.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. UncleMike

UncleMike Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2015
    Nova Scotia
    oops, nevermind .. posted the wrong mod

• Like Like x 2
  7. -KT-

-KT- Senior Member

Oct 12, 2017
    I'm liking the VooPoo Drag. It's a two 18650 VW/VV/TC mod. I like that I can customize wattage and temp curves on the mod (no computer required). If you have a PC, then there's even more customizing possible.

You can also run it in volt mode.

I think they are around $45 to $60 online, depending if you want the fancy resin. Cheaper (a little bit) from China.

They have good reviews.

[​IMG]

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DebbieNY

DebbieNY Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    I was away last weekend and managed to drop both of the Pico Resins that I had with me on pavement... Neither one has any damage or scratches and both of the Crown Minis (with a vape band on each) are fine as well!

Now, I love those little beauties even more. :wub:

• Like Like x 5
  9. evan le'garde

evan le'garde Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2013
    everywhere
    [​IMG]

ALL MOD CONS

• Like Like x 3
  10. Fog n Vape

Fog n Vape Senior Member ECF Veteran

Ty good to know they survived the drop test as my Pico Resin arrived on Friday. Haven't dropped it yet but it's only day 3

• Like Like x 1
  11. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Sorry for your troubles. I must be very lucky (or you're extremely unlucky). I have several mods, anything from old eGos and Rivas to various Eleaf iSticks, Joyetech Evic mini, Vapor Flask Lite, a bunch of Innokins, a Defender, a Pico, a Wismec Presa, an Encom Voidray, a Kangertech mod, and a newly acquired Smoant Charon TS 218 touch screen (so I can't vouch for its longevity) and they all work flawlessly. Knock on wood.

I only owned one "high-end" (expensive) mod, a ProVari mini 2.5, which I just sold because it didn't work with my new larger-diameters tanks anymore and didn't do TC.

I really don't know what to tell you--I never had a mod that turned out to be a piece of crap. I don't know if I can say that I'm proud of my mods--they just work. :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    Well, if you want a squonk mod that you can beat the hell out of, and still have it work - get a Reo. Don't take my word for it - watch this video by SuperXDrifter. He throws one off his balcony and then uses it for a hockey puck in his garage and it still works. The video is a hoot, and a testament to the durability of the Reo Grand.

Thanks Super :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Robbert

Robbert Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2016
    Pico and Pico squeeze have stood test of time for me.
    Buttons stay clicky and consistently fire even after being dropped 20 times each.
    There’s the reo grand that’s probably the most durable,is repairable,and if you grow tired of it,the classifieds bring a very good price with reo grands,but China made disposables might bring 20% of what they cost new.
    My eleaf 100TC has stood up with test of time but I prefer the Pico over it because it’s much smaller plus it’s not a sqounk mod.

• Like Like x 2
  14. DebbieNY

DebbieNY Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    I have a Squeeze but haven't gotten around to build it yet (I have Hadalys). How do you build yours? I'm flavor over clouds, so what would be a good build/resistance for that with the Squeeze's limitations? I have zero mechanical experience and looking for a good place to start.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I have high end and low end mods. If I'm inside I'll get out the Alien 220W, Reuleaux 200s, Provari, or another higher priced mod.

For everything else (cutting grass, woodworking, out and around, etc) I'm vaping an iStick Pico 40W or 75W, or one of my other under $30 mods. If it falls out of my pocket and gets run over by the lawn mower I can replace it on sale for $25 or so.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. USMCotaku

USMCotaku ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    California
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. papergoblin

papergoblin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2013
    alabama
    The most reliable mod I've owned is an old Kylin clone and a close second is an Infected mod (authentic). The only reason the Kylin wins is age, I've had it for years, I bought another before FT discontinued them, just because the first one looks so hammered.

VW mods are like cell phones, if you get a year to two you're doing really good. The only VW's I'd call close to bullet proof are the Vapor Sharks and the Billet Box. Great designs, materials and warranties but you are going to pay for them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 19, 2015
    Oh by the way... thanks for the heads up on the Hedron. Until this post of yours I hadn't heard of it, so after I read your post I did some research and it is now my sons Christmas gift... the rx200 is my sons favorite mod.. so I'm happy for this find. Thank you!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Maestro

Maestro Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 19, 2012
    Windsor, Ontario
    One of the biggest mistakes new vapers make is tightening down the tank too much and pushing down the center pin. I'd try prying up the center pin a bit and see if you can bring your mods back to life.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    My first Pico 75W (black case) began to allow the top cap to rise from battery spring pressure. The screw holes were stripped a little. A field fix with a sliver of thin cardboard as a bushing in the screw hole fixed that. It's been a year now and no sign of a repeat issue. The silver one hasn't exhibited that problem. The 40W iStick still looks and works like new, but it only goes with me here and there.

Rotating mods evens out the wear and tear.

• Agree Agree x 2