I need a new Mod ! Whats the best 6V option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
Im looking to purchase another mod. I currently have a SB that i use with cartomizers.

I want another mod that i can use with cartomizers at 6V or a unique mod that has a auto juice feeder or something along those lines. I already have a JB on order but want something else to supplement my growing hardware.

Price is not an obstacle.

Recommendations?

Thanks

FarmYard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Van,B.C./ blaine,WA
I would recommend the Xhaler. It can do 3.7, 5, 6 and 7.4 volt vaping. It also has adapters for the 801, 901, 510 and cartomizers/greencig cartomizers.

I love mine but am also looking for a new HV mod. I want one to keep in my car. I can't decide between a Prodigy V2, Adaptever, or Silver Bullet. Maybe even a Chameleon.

get the sb for sure mine has never let me down once.fires everytime.

to the OP im in the same boat as you,i just bought a xhaler so im going to see how it is.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
The Chameleon is my favorite. I also have a JB on order, gotta try it.
The Chameleon also comes with the 510/801/901 adapters and have a perfect fit-no wiggle room. The switch comes with a one year warranty. No solder/no wires. Scratch resistant body and a button that is recessed. The hv sleeve is an extra purchase. Unsurpassed customer service and Isaac has vids that show you how to disassemble the switch, although I would never attempt it.
I like mine so much that I bought a 2nd unit to have in case I ever have to send my switch in. Gotta be able to enjoy my fav pv even when life happens-know what I mean. There will soon be a new sleeve that will give us the ability to do 5v by usb passthrough!!!
Good luck in your quest and here is a link to the subforum, http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ikenvape/67638-chameleon-tips-tricks.html .

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
I have an SB also; if I were looking for another high quality mod; this is what I would purchase.

Yep...love my SB...i also have a BB that i like...But I like 3.7 vape ...6v is too harsh for me.

I really like the looks of that Super 6..and may end up getting one.

Everyone raves about the GG...and i do like the looks of them, but just a bit pricey for my taste.

I like having 3 different mod's that I can switch around with....It's a curse...But currently im happy with the SB, BB & Juice box. If i get the Super 6..ill have to let one of the other's go...i cant justify having 4...

Last edited:

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
Yep...love my SB...i also have a BB that i like...But I like 3.7 vape ...6v is too harsh for me.

I really like the looks of that Super 6..and may end up getting one.

Everyone raves about the GG...and i do like the looks of them, but just a bit pricey for my taste.

I like having 3 different mod's that I can switch around with....It's a curse...But currently im happy with the SB, BB & Juice box. If i get the Super 6..ill have to let one of the other's go...i cant justify having 4...

Yes, I love my SB, but at 6 volts. In my opinion, the SB/BB, Super 6, and the GG models, seem like the highest quality mods in terms of construction. For a future purchase, I am also looking at the Super 6 and a GG (I am currently leaning towards the Super 6). I will also have to research Altsmokes new product when it is released.

If you think 6 volts is too harsh—try ATB at 6 volts; it took me a few days to get used to the intensity:).

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have to put my bid in for you to get a GG. I have every model and they are a consistantly good vape. I would suggest waiting for the GGTS to come back in stock because it has tons of battery choice options.

Just remember if you are going to be vaping at 6v you need to get a HV atomizer that is built to vape at that voltage. Yes the GG is expensive but it really is a good vape.

If the price is a bit to high for you I would agree that the silver bullet is also a good vape at 6v. You also might want to give 5v a try with a GLV. Glv also makes a 6v model.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
My son has the 5v GLV and he loves it. He especially likes the button placement which is on top of the device. I havent tried it..but he gives it good reviews.

I'm definately leaning towards the Super 6 for my next purchase. I do like the looks of the gg but probably will wait on that later down the road.

FreeGT

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
St. louis, MO
I would recommend the Xhaler. It can do 3.7, 5, 6 and 7.4 volt vaping. It also has adapters for the 801, 901, 510 and cartomizers/greencig cartomizers.

I love mine but am also looking for a new HV mod. I want one to keep in my car. I can't decide between a Prodigy V2, Adaptever, or Silver Bullet. Maybe even a Chameleon.

That multiple volt options sounds nice, but in reality it doesn't work 100%. My father bought an xhaler, I got a SB. My father is really trying to sell his Xhaler to get a SB. Let me tell you from trying both, there is a difference. I do believe that the same voltage on a device will perform the same as it would with another device at the same voltage. But the mechanical switch for the xhaler sometimes cuts out, and you really have to mash it down to get it to make contact, and you need of noax smeared inside around the switch.. The xhaler is pretty durable, and has zero wires/eletrical componets. You could drop it in a bucket of water, and still use it (dry of course!). I don't think the SB could do that.

The problems with the SB.....zero. Sheer perfection.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I'd throw in another vote for the super 6....well conditionally..
The S6 is a 6V device using 2 unprotected CR2 batteries...and with the hysteria about unprotected batteries currently going on may not be your preference.
However...mid March he is supposed to be introducing his big battery mod (which I suspect will be awesome) and might expand your battery options...also mid march he is supposed to be releasing his 4 in 1 adapter for the S6 (which will be threads for 510,801, 901, and cartomizer all machined on one solid stainless steel piece (so it'll be durable)

So that conditionally is more a if I didn't already have a S6 ordered (which I do) I'd wait a week or 2 to see what his big battery mod is and the release of the 4 in 1...and then go S6 with 4 in 1 adapter (and a stainless T tip (can be used on cartomizers for dripping the carto)) or the big batt mod (depending on what it is)... and I'm sure he's got something in the way of an auto juice drip up his sleeve (he's hinted at as much)

d4rk3

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
That multiple volt options sounds nice, but in reality it doesn't work 100%. My father bought an xhaler, I got a SB. My father is really trying to sell his Xhaler to get a SB. Let me tell you from trying both, there is a difference. I do believe that the same voltage on a device will perform the same as it would with another device at the same voltage. But the mechanical switch for the xhaler sometimes cuts out, and you really have to mash it down to get it to make contact, and you need of noax smeared inside around the switch.. The xhaler is pretty durable, and has zero wires/eletrical componets. You could drop it in a bucket of water, and still use it (dry of course!). I don't think the SB could do that.

The problems with the SB.....zero. Sheer perfection.

You didn't get the switch fixed with the Noalox? That made mine fire easily EVERY time. You don't need to smear it either, just a little bit on the switch and where the switch makes contact with the body.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
I'd throw in another vote for the super 6....well conditionally..
The S6 is a 6V device using 2 unprotected CR2 batteries...and with the hysteria about unprotected batteries currently going on may not be your preference.
However...mid March he is supposed to be introducing his big battery mod (which I suspect will be awesome) and might expand your battery options...also mid march he is supposed to be releasing his 4 in 1 adapter for the S6 (which will be threads for 510,801, 901, and cartomizer all machined on one solid stainless steel piece (so it'll be durable)

So that conditionally is more a if I didn't already have a S6 ordered (which I do) I'd wait a week or 2 to see what his big battery mod is and the release of the 4 in 1...and then go S6 with 4 in 1 adapter (and a stainless T tip (can be used on cartomizers for dripping the carto)) or the big batt mod (depending on what it is)... and I'm sure he's got something in the way of an auto juice drip up his sleeve (he's hinted at as much)

Drozd...do you know if he is making one that will use the 18650 battery ? For some reason i like that battery, lasts a very long time in my SB.

Last edited:

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
Why not get an xhaler,glv,gg,and a super6.Then you can try them all.I mean if $$ is no object,live it up.I would,if I could.

I just might do that. So many choices ! My only criteria is i just want it to work. No fuss, just put a battery in and vape away.

I have a SB and i really dont see much difference between it and the xhaler and the chuck. Other than the look and switch they are pretty much the same.

Im leaning towards the GG with the AFS as i really want a mod the is not a standard mod.

This 4 in 1 S6 sounds interesting.

I would love to tell you all about my Juice Box but im still waiting on that to come in.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Drozd...do you know if he is making one that will use the 18650 battery ? For some reason i like that battery, lasts a very long time in my SB.
I believe that is what the upcoming big battery mod is gonna use..I did suggest that he make sure the high drain 18650s and CR123a x2 fit it and he's looking at those I guess...
All I know is he said he wanted to do something that would employ the 18650 and that it would come with the 4 in 1 adapter on it..and that he had it slated for debut in mid march..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread