I need a reliable VW mod -- VaporShartk rDNA 40 vs Yihi SX Mini vs ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
In the last two months or so, I have gone through a smok BEC and a Cloupor ZNA 50. While I was not successful in getting my BEC repaired, I have yet to try getting warranty service with Cloupor, but Cloupor does at least respond to e-mails so I think they will stand behind their product. In any case, the Cloupor died on Thanksgiving eve, so buying a replacement was impossible until the following day where I ended up with a Manhattan clone (I had no idea what I was buying, just wanted something cheap to get me through, but it turned out this clone is pretty good). In any case, I am done with cheap VW mods. I want a VW mod that will last and can stand up to a little abuse. 37 watts seems to be my sweet spot with dual coils so I think 40 watts should be sufficient for me (at least for now), but I certainly do not want to go any lower than that so the Provari is out.

With that said, should I go for a Vapor Shark rDNA 40 or a YiHi SX Mini? My concern with the YiHi is my sigelei 20W started having problems after it was dropped a couple of times, though at least it didn't burn itself out from supplying more power than its really capable of like the other Chinese mods I've had.

I am also open to other suggestions, keeping in mind that an easy to replace battery is a requirement, I want 40 watts minimum, and something that can handle a little abuse. Efficient battery usage is a big plus (or something that won't dial down the power when the battery hits 3.7 volts).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread