i need BATTERY HELP ASAP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shepp

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Virginia
Out of nowhere my Shorty died, it lights up, but produces no vapor. i troubleshooted and called a friend of mine and put my cartos on his and they work great. but not on mine. i've cleaned the battery, checked the air holes, checked the center pin(saw a post from leaford back in nov. about the spring being too soft) all that has checked out...i don't know what else to do and i'm trying my hardest to not go buy a pack of smokes....i got the battery last tues. and for 2 days i've been doing nothing but googling and reading threads on here...can anyone please help, i'm running out of ideas and on a very very tight budget at the moment.:confused::shock:8-o:grr:

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I know you stated you checked the center pin height, but it can be difficult to judge that. Even half a milimeter can make all the differance. Try this, take a staple (not a staple gun staple, but one for paper) and using pliers and wire snips fold into a T shape and trim the top of the T so is almost as wide as the center pin but not quite. Place the T in the carto's battery end (bottom first of course) so that the top of the T rests against the center pin. Make DOUBLE sure that the top of that T is not wider than the center pin or you will short the battery and burn up the carto before you can unscrew it... trust me I'v done this. It takes some time and practice to get the Staple T just right, but once you do it should allow the carto to make good contact with the battery if this is the problem. Its a bit time consuming to get right, but its worth a shot! Good luck and I hope this works out for you. Hang in there... worse come to worse go grab some SNUS to tide you over till you can get a new battery.

wisteelersfan

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Wisconsin
It sounds to me like one of 3 things.
A) Bad carto. Try a different one. Maybe that one just doesn't like your battery.
B) Center post down a bit. Use a binder clip or similar just barely inside the center hole to GENTLY wiggle it around and pull up a tiny bit at the same time.
C) DIRTY! Q-tips, toothbrush and rubbing alcohol. Do the threads, the center post, center airhole, the gap between the center post and outer edge of the battery, and the outside airholes.

Let it dry, make sure it's charged and it'll be good as new. B and C together haven't let me down yet. If all else fails, PM me and I'll give the poor shorty a good home.

Disclaimer: I'm no expert, I just have a rather bizarre fascination and love for the shorties. And plenty of "experimenting" with them.

shepp

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Virginia
yeah, i tried all that. a friend of mine brought over his battery to try the carts on and all but one worked, so i ruled out the cartos. i have 8 left out of the original 10 i ordered. i checked everything. i have talked with v4l and it sounds like i'm gonna get a new shorty. i've read that they do this from time to time, which is cool, i expected it. i'm gonna send them the old one as a sign of good faith. i've heard nothing but great things from that company so everything will work out in the end, i just wanted to make sure i didn't miss anything in troubleshooting the problem and it sounds like i haven't from all the messages and stuff you guys have told me and i really appreciate it alot!

shepp

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Virginia
i talked to her today. i was soooo worried cuz i didn't want to sound like that annoying customer...i wrote them a few emails about it and tried to explain to them that i tried everything...even told her as a sign of good faith i'd send the old battery to her. she's got me a new green auto coming in the mail, (hopefully by tomorrow) i broke down and bought a pack of cigs tonight.... :*( only smoked 1 so far though. could do the snus...bluck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread