I need certain things but I'd rather buy more vaping gear! Am I alone here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Before I start let me state that my family members are well fed, have nice clothes, and have all the necessities. This just refers to me.

I've noticed the past few months I've been a bit obsessed with the world of vaping with things like new pvs, juice delivery systems, DIY paraphernalia and I just realized that other things have been put on the back burner. This really came to light when I got a few extra bucks for my birthday last month on the 25th. First thing I was thinking about is wow! I can pick up some super concentrates to play with from vaping zone and an iTaste mvp I can get for out and about so I can keep the provari and EA at home! Oh joy!

Fact of the matter is my wife's idea for me was to get a new backpack for work and new shoes. My element backpack (skateboard company who sponsors Bam Margera if you remember that JA show) is a few years old and shows signs of age, a tear here and there but it still works! It has character. My Nike Air Force ones and my doc martens have seen better days but hey they are broken in ha. I have a few of my favorite jeans that still look good but some of the pockets are torn out, no biggie if at least two out of the 4 pockets works I'm fine ha. My panties (my wife and I call my boxers panties, inside joke) look good I could use one or two more pairs though so we don't have to do do as much laundry. I still have good shirts but could use a couple more.

Back when I smoked I always got new clothes, shoes, etc. Funny thing is I was spending more on smokes but you have to remember there aren't many smoking accessories out there that I wanted (a Bic lighter was good enough for me). I love my new hobby that isn't going to change. It's just the money could definitely be spent elsewhere.

Next time I'm at the shoe store and see a new pair of docs for a c note first thing I'll think of is hell I could buy a lot of nic base with that! Plus I could get one of those pro tanks to try.

Am I alone here guys?

Last edited:

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
LOL Eric. Not alone by any means. I get a sort of "profit sharing" check 2x per year at my job, and I am already counting down the days (56 btw) so I can get my new EA *squeeeeal*.....
Meanwhile, my shoes are all getting pretty bad and I told myself that this would be the year I finally spring for the new AirMax runners, but then I thought "hmmmm. shoes are only going to last a year if I'm lucky... But the EA is built to last a lifetime!". Thankfully my better half understands my new hobby and keeps me within reason the majority of the time, but agrees that I truly earn my bonuses at work and I should be able to spoil myself when given the opportunity.
I would say that as long as you are taking care of business, the little things can wait. Maybe if you're lucky, your wife will come home one day like mine- with a shiny new element pack for you!

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
LOL Eric. Not alone by any means. I get a sort of "profit sharing" check 2x per year at my job, and I am already counting down the days (56 btw) so I can get my new EA *squeeeeal*.....
Meanwhile, my shoes are all getting pretty bad and I told myself that this would be the year I finally spring for the new AirMax runners, but then I thought "hmmmm. shoes are only going to last a year if I'm lucky... But the EA is built to last a lifetime!". Thankfully my better half understands my new hobby and keeps me within reason the majority of the time, but agrees that I truly earn my bonuses at work and I should be able to spoil myself when given the opportunity.
I would say that as long as you are taking care of business, the little things can wait. Maybe if you're lucky, your wife will come home one day like mine- with a shiny new element pack for you!

I love my EA! Go to the apv forum and read my last post on how I could have saved some money had I known the best place to buy one. I wish I would have shopped around a little more but it's here now and I'm happy with it :D

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I won't be buying any new devices. I'm happy with what I have. Last thing I bought was an innokin ucan (hasn't arrived yet) so I can refill my eRoll when I'm out. I don't want to be a hobbyist and spend all my money on this. I enjoy vaping, but I'm not going to keep chasing the next big thing.

I'm good on devices. Provari, EA, MVP. Right now just need more delivery devices and juice stuff heh.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Hey Eric! I'm good on the PV end of things...at least for now. I have 2 Provari's & a good amount of tanks & cartos but I keep wanting to buy more juice! I don't know why but I do! My bills are paid & the 4 legged children are well cared for so it's not causing an issue but like you when I have some extra cash I'm thinking...maybe I should order some more of that juice before I run out or maybe I should try that vendor & see how I like it. Now my juice stash box is nearly full! I think eventually ill slow down now that I'm starting to find some really good one. I hope so anyway! Oh well! Lol!

wandawag

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
jacksonville, florida
Before I start let me state that my family members are well fed, have nice clothes, and have all the necessities. This just refers to me.

I've noticed the past few months I've been a bit obsessed with the world of vaping with things like new pvs, juice delivery systems, DIY paraphernalia and I just realized that other things have been put on the back burner. This really came to light when I got a few extra bucks for my birthday last month on the 25th. First thing I was thinking about is wow! I can pick up some super concentrates to play with from vaping zone and an iTaste mvp I can get for out and about so I can keep the provari and EA at home! Oh joy!

Fact of the matter is my wife's idea for me was to get a new backpack for work and new shoes. My element backpack (skateboard company who sponsors Bam Margera if you remember that JA show) is a few years old and shows signs of age, a tear here and there but it still works! It has character. My Nike Air Force ones and my doc martens have seen better days but hey they are broken in ha. I have a few of my favorite jeans that still look good but some of the pockets are torn out, no biggie if at least two out of the 4 pockets works I'm fine ha. My panties (my wife and I call my boxers panties, inside joke) look good I could use one or two more pairs though so we don't have to do do as much laundry. I still have good shirts but could use a couple more.

Back when I smoked I always got new clothes, shoes, etc. Funny thing is I was spending more on smokes but you have to remember there aren't many smoking accessories out there that I wanted (a Bic lighter was good enough for me). I love my new hobby that isn't going to change. It's just the money could definitely be spent elsewhere.

Next time I'm at the shoe store and see a new pair of docs for a c note first thing I'll think of is hell I could buy a lot of nic base with that! Plus I could get one of those pro tanks to try.

Am I alone here guys?

i believe your bonus check should be spent on something fun for you...so long as your family is covered for needs and some wants as well....that being said...have you factored in what you have saved by not smoking? if so, are you on the plus or minus side of that? if on the plus side....great. if on the negative side, i would put that amount (from the bonus) toward the panties, shoes, backpack....then everything evens out! ( or did i just get that all backwards?) anyway, that is my dollars worth. (inflation).

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
Hey Eric! I'm good on the PV end of things...at least for now. I have 2 Provari's & a good amount of tanks & cartos but I keep wanting to buy more juice! I don't know why but I do! My bills are paid & the 4 legged children are well cared for so it's not causing an issue but like you when I have some extra cash I'm thinking...maybe I should order some more of that juice before I run out or maybe I should try that vendor & see how I like it. Now my juice stash box is nearly full! I think eventually ill slow down now that I'm starting to find some really good one. I hope so anyway! Oh well! Lol!

Really Chimney...2 Provari :laugh:
One for each hand....guess you will be Vaping like a.....chimney !

Eric, funny thing about clothes and shoes and such...
You wear 30% of them 70% of the time.
Same clothes, socks and underwear get used over and over again...
Washed and returned to the top of the drawer, used again next week.
I know I have new socks and tee shirts down in the drawer somewhere...I just don't dig for them.
Only difference up here is that we have summer and winter clothes...get switched in and out- fall and spring.
Now, vape gear...that is all season !

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Really Chimney...2 Provari :laugh:
One for each hand....guess you will be Vaping like a.....chimney !

Eric, funny thing about clothes and shoes and such...
You wear 30% of them 70% of the time.
Same clothes, socks and underwear get used over and over again...
Washed and returned to the top of the drawer, used again next week.
I know I have new socks and tee shirts down in the drawer somewhere...I just don't dig for them.
Only difference up here is that we have summer and winter clothes...get switched in and out- fall and spring.
Now, vape gear...that is all season !

Lol! I couldn't help myself! I'm sure they'll be a 3rd in my future but I'm going to wait until my 1 year vaping anniversary. Ill probably cheat & get it for my birthday in October instead. :D

But I do agree with what you said about clothes. I have to wear only certain things to work so my regular clothes don't get much action because I get to wear the same thing 5 days a week...not the same exact thing but you get my point...same color shirt, same color pants etc. Before I was a clothing shopaholic but now I rarely get to wear that stuff so I stopped buying as much.

P.S. DJ I know you've got a whole collection of mods over there! Lol!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I put all my store runs etc. together to allow for 1 big loop to cover everything and only go once every 2 weeks. saves me about $35.00.
several other things like changing services, best cellphone deal, etc. I have worked a way to save over $800 a year + the savings from not smoking.

STILL BLEW ALL OF IT IN A FEW MONTHS ON VAPEWARE:D

ETA - your pants still have pockets?:blink:

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
Well it woudl be a disaster if you ran out of panties! ROFL

Since I only stopped smoking three weeks ago, and I've upgraded my kit twice already, I'm on the minus side with the cost of smokes/vaping.

Waiting for payday to finish the upgrade, then I'm on easy street.

Yeah sure. :ohmy:

I'll probably try to sell some of the previous kit after the upgrade, but I don't think it's worth much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread