I need help with a mixing Q with Platinum Ice- please

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
Hi guys, I have a mixing Q... Little background info> My cousin has COPD... I love my cousin and have been so concerned about her, so with everything I have purchased over the last months I have also picked up a lil something for her with every intention of getting her to vape..Unfortunately she showed absolutely nooo interest in ecigs lol
Well last week I got the call from her..She said her COPD has gotten worse and shes tired of the cigs and was open to trying the ecigs.. I told her to come over ASAP lol... I set her up with a few 901 kits (including my fav TW attys- no newbie can resist those lol..Also gave her a ton of 10 ml bottles of e-liquid, diff flavs and suppliers.
Much to my shock...Shes gotten into mixing flavs so much she wants to DIY ( outta all the info I know about ecigs, DIYing is not my strong suite).. I had given her half my bottle of Platinum Ice...She's ready to quit analogs now and needs more nic...She wants to up the nic in all the lil bottles of commercial liquid I had given her ( most start at 16 mg and up)... " increasing liquid in a DIY mix I do understand thanks to TW's very well written instructions..

I really am bad at reading other peoples formulas, unless they are completely written out ( ie: talk to me like I'm 5 lol)

QUESTION> Her favorite liquid that I had given her I do believe is a 16 mg..She wants to up it to 24 and 36 mg...So say in a 10 ml bottle of her fav liquid, how many drops of platinum ice does she need to add?

Seriously, thank you to anyone that can help me out here ( smile)

Last edited:

ckc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
UK
I know the Ice has been regarded as fairly strong compaired to other liquids but it should be 1 drop of each 16mg and 54mg to make 35mg, equal amounts of each, i'd try a small batch first.

For 23.6mg it's 1 drop of 54mg and 4 drops of 16mg.Therefore 8ml of the 16mg and 2ml Ice.

But at the end of the day everyone likes their own strenght, i'm sure a bit of playing she'll find a strenght she's happy with........and i really hope vaping takes off for her.

Last edited:

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Thank you very much for the response Martha,

:: sigh:: alas that written formula makes no sense to me ( ml1? ml 2?) " I do understand the + and divided sign" :: laughing..Any chance of a fully written out example? ::lil smile

I've only found one ejuice calculater that will work on my comp..Even after dling open office... I don't know why...but the one that works, I'm not sure will calculate increasing nic in commercail liquids..

I really appeciate the help with my mental block... Maaan, I wanna DIY so bad ( laugh)

Last edited:

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
It is much easier to calculate using ML rather than drops. You will need a dropper than measures in ML.

(54 x 2) + (16 x 8) / (2 + 8) Use 2ml of 54 and 8ml of 16 to get 23.6mg
108 + 128 / 10 = 23.6

(54 X 5) + (16 x 5) / (5 + 5) Use 5ml of 54 and 5ml of 16 to get 35mg
270 + 80 / 10 = 35

On the ejuice calculator just go the category 4 and plug your numbers in and it will give you the number of ML you will need to achieve the mg you want.

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
ahhh There we go..Thank you Martha!..Now that fully written formula I can totally understand and plug other #'s into

Unfortunately, The ecalculater still eludes me...I can dl it and or just open it...And still, my cursor just turns into a lil cross and it wont let me change any of the #'s... I did make a note to go to catagory #4..On the off chance I eventually get it to work.

ya know, I can cut/style hair like nobodys business..I can paint a mural that feels like you could walk thru it..I can write a story and make you smell everything while reading it... But, hand me a calculator or anything technical and I go completely blonde ( laugh)

Thanks again you guys (smile)

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
I want to mention that those ratios also work for drops. I will make small batches with that formula and use the drops as my measure instead of ml... It is a simple ratio and you can use either ml or drops. Say (10 drops X 54mg) + (40 drops X 12mg) divided by the total number of drops = 540 + 480 / 50 = 1020 / 50 = 20.4 mg total

Hope this helps...I was also confused by this at first but after a few times of doing it it seems like making a cup of coffee in the morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread