Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Do you know what online stores would have mesh coils I tried king vape but they don’t have mesh just regular
No idea myself. I vape rebuildable a with diy juice so nords are not my thing. There are a whole lotta lotta vape shops though and a lot of them sell online. Hundreds.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Okay with this Covid-19 stuff and being quarantined all the vape shops are CLOSED and I need to know if it’s okay to boil a burnt nord coil I know it won’t be brand new or if it will work at all but I need to know ASAP or if there is any other solution I could try
Hi and welcome,
Where are you located?
Do you have another device to use to prevent you from returning to smoking cigarettes?
A back up device is always suggested to help you to remain an EX-smoker.

cheers
I

Reactions: BrotherBob

Olivia2000

Mar 31, 2020
Hi and welcome,
Where are you located?
Do you have another device to use to prevent you from returning to smoking cigarettes?
A back up device is always suggested to help you to remain an EX-smoker.

cheers
I
I’m in Canada and Yes I have 2 nords one for normal nic and one for salt nic but they are both burnt I ordered a 5 pack of mesh coils online I just don’t know how long they will take to get here I definitely don’t want to go back to cigarettes it took me awhile to get off them so that’s why I was trying to find something that would last a few days at least

• Informative
Reactions: Izan

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
You might just have to wait for your coils.
You can try putting your current coils in boiling water (or you can also soak them in cheap vodka... it dries faster) Either way, you have to dry them for hours (if it's somewhere warm inside I'm guessing... water: 8 hours, vodka: 4 hours and those are minimum times) good luck. If they are very badly scorched nothing will save them. next time, prime your new coils and wait at least 10 minutes before using them.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Personally i cant give you any technical advice since im newbie when it comes to vaping (just the techy stuff hehe) but as a last resource you could think of getting a juul or something similar until you get the new coils.

I mean yeah it is not perfect but at least you can hold with that instead of resorting to jumping on the wagon again.

Wish i could offer you some help bud but that is all i got,when push comes to shove you better off using a juul or something like that instead of buying some cigs.

• Disagree
Reactions: Don29palms

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
I agree with the vodka method but I'm trying to understand why you get burnt coils in the first place, you say all your old coils are burned, I never get a burned stock coil, I just get degradation in flavour and some start leaking a bit of juice in the end days of its life, are you sure you are vaping at the recommended setting, I don't know nothing about nord but vodka for a slightly burned coil will work as I did burn a few when first trying stocks, start at minimum wattage and slowly build up until you get the vape you want, I don't know if the nords you have are fixed but hope you sort something out before your new coils arrive, anything is better than going back on the stinkies, once soaked and dried try a menthol it will last until the coils arrive

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Depending on region, vaping has been declared an essential service. Some shops have taking their own precautionary measures by either temporary closing, or offering a curbside service. But some are open to the public. Where in Canada are you located?

From my experience, boiling and or vodka does nothing to regain life into a burnt coil. It does not remove any caked on carbon from the coil and it cannot repair burnt wick. At most, it cleans the wick, riding it from a previous flavour.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
All vape shops closed in the UK, I wish they had a curbside service.

Same for Spain buddy,but some shops have some websites to order online,apart from that there is nowhere else.
Some tobacco shops (estanco we call them in spanish) might have some overpriced e-liquid and some juuls but thats about it.
Stupid that the goverment would make us close the vape shops,it's like they want people to go back to smoking cigarettes...
If they thought with their brains instead of their wallets (for the tax money they lose from the sales of cigarettes) we wouldnt be screwed *sigh*

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread