I need help with cleaning coils with the Druga RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Usually, I clean my coils by taking all the cotton out and dry firing them until they start turning red. Then I run a small stream of water from the tap over the coils to rinse off any buildup.. then repeat the step. I do a quick clean of the deck while doing that as well, and the inside of the atomizer.

Hope that helps.

Sphenyyy

Oct 9, 2016
Usually, I clean my coils by taking all the cotton out and dry firing them until they start turning red. Then I run a small stream of water from the tap over the coils to rinse off any buildup.. then repeat the step. I do a quick clean of the deck while doing that as well, and the inside of the atomizer.

Hope that helps.

Should I do that on my variable mod or on my mech mod?

Reactions: stols001

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I'll probably start looking for a brush like that here in the Philippines. Or maybe i'll just order it online
i wouldn't worry too much about it, i've been cleaning my coils like you (dip in water) for months with 0 issue. I'd use a regulated mod though just to be safe, and if they're not very gunky i usually dry burn and use a toothbrush (don't brush your teeths with it afterwards though XD).

Reactions: Tonee N

Sphenyyy

Oct 9, 2016
i wouldn't worry too much about it, i've been cleaning my coils like you (dip in water) for months with 0 issue. I'd use a regulated mod though just to be safe, and if they're not very gunky i usually dry burn and use a toothbrush (don't brush your teeths with it afterwards though XD).

I guess I should still trying using the dip in water technique, but damn the Druga has some big ... screws hahah

HAHAHAH that last part though HAHAHA

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Should I do that on my variable mod or on my mech mod?

I use a regulated (variable) mod. The two reasons Rip Trippers tells you to use a mechanical mod, is a) you don't ever want to get a regulated mod wet, because it will ruin it. and b) you can't get the wire too hot. Whatever the ohm coil is, make sure the output is no higher than 4.2 volts. If the output is too high, the coil will get so hot, it will burn out the coil. If you have a dual coil setup like me, I usually pulse until red hot, then douse one coil in the water Wait a second or two and then douse the other one... shaking out some of the water between each coil.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Your other option (or one of them) is to gently pulse your coils and use a q-tip dipped in alcohol. The combination of the two (after I rinse in water gently first) seems to work well without overheating the coil (I use SS so I tend to not want to just dry burn only). If you are worried about the posts, you don't have to use running water. A wire brush can be helpful as well (or a toothbrush). I mainly use q-tips to swab out any "major" gunk remaining, but it would be a way of cleaning it some before pulsing/dry burning if you are worried about an immersion.

I do this on my ohm's meter, usually. It's a $12 item, if I accidentally get it wet (I almost never do) I'm talking about replacing an ohms meter, not one of my expensive mods. I'm pretty stingy with the water in any case, to begin with....

Anna

Reactions: Sphenyyy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread