I need help with Joyetech Exceed D19

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
the tank starts to leak after a week of use.

Before you buy a different tank...I'd first check to make sure an o-ring isn't damaged and/or isn't in the right position it should be. That kit came with a spare parts bag if you need a new one. I'd also check to see that the top is screwing on correctly and completely after you're refilling it. Checking that the coil is seated properly might help, too. I'd probably even try a new coil.

If those things don't fix the leaking problem though and you want a different tank, you could use any tank with a 510 connection that your D19 tank has. I'd recommend one that uses coils in the same 0.5ohm-1.2ohm range, or even up to 1.6ohm. However, your tank is 19mm in diameter, which is kind of unique. Using a 22mm tank will mean you'd have a very slight overhang all the way around, where the tank joins the battery. If that doesn't bother you, it's OK. You could use an 18mm tank [just 2 examples: a Kangertech TopTank Nano or Subtank Nano]...and would have a barely noticeable smaller diameter where the tank joins the battery.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I even added some petroleum jelly to help seal

Common sense says that's a bad idea. Leave petroleum jelly away from your juice and lungs. If you want to lube anything on a tank, use a dab of ejuice.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Will any of these work with it?

I didn't know you'd read my post and then posted to me about what I'd recommended. You need to quote the person's post, or select reply to it, or use the person's username, like this @JCinFLA at the beginning of your reply...for it to notify the person. Otherwise, I'd have come back to respond sooner. :)

Anyway, any of the tanks you asked about will work with the D19 battery, but...some of them will overhang quite a bit and will be top heavy. Your set-up will have a tendency to tip over if even easily bumped then. Ideally, I'd get a tank that's 18-20mm diameter. I have several Zenith II tanks, and I personally wouldn't use them on my D19 batteries, because it's a 25mm tank and is quite big and heavy even empty, compared to lots of other tanks.

There IS a new little Innokin Go-Z tank they came out with recently, that's only about 19.5mm in diameter, is topfill, and holds 2mL of eliquid. It's very lightweight, as it's mainly made of plastic. The airflow can be adjusted for MTL vaping or for RDL vaping. You use the Innokin Z-Coils in it, and it comes with a 1.6ohm coil installed. That 1.6ohm coil is the most popular one, for those who prefer vaping at 14W or less. I bought quite a few of the Go-Z from InnokinStore.com 3 weeks ago, and I like them. They ship from Texas, and the S/H is very reasonable.

GO Z Tank - They also carry the Z-coils for it, though they're about $4.00 more per box there, than from an online vendor in Florida.

ADDED:
    I almost forgot that the Innokin Prism T18 Tank is a good one, and would work well on your D19 battery, too. It's an 18mm glass and metal, top-fill tank, for MTL vaping. I've never had any leaking problems with mine. It takes the Innokin Prism T18 coils that are still readily available, and they come in several ohms. The 1.5ohm are my personal favorite.

Innokin Prism T18 Tank - They have it in many different colors. The coils are also available there, though they can be found for a lower price elsewhere, too.

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    is there any sites you recommend to buy or just straight from the manufacturer? ha got it

Honestly, if the "Savvy Vape Lady" (@JCinFLA) doesn't know the best least expensive vendor to get vape products from - NO ONE DOES . . . Just Sayin ' . . . . :rolleyes:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    I didn't know you'd read my post and then posted to me about what I'd recommended. You need to quote the person's post, or select reply to it, or use the person's username, like this @JCinFLA at the beginning of your reply...for it to notify the person. Otherwise, I'd have come back to respond sooner. :)

Anyway, any of the tanks you asked about will work with the D19 battery, but...some of them will overhang quite a bit and will be top heavy. Your set-up will have a tendency to tip over if even easily bumped then. Ideally, I'd get a tank that's 18-20mm diameter. I have several Zenith II tanks, and I personally wouldn't use them on my D19 batteries, because it's a 25mm tank and is quite big and heavy even empty, compared to lots of other tanks.

There IS a new little Innokin Go-Z tank they came out with recently, that's only about 19.5mm in diameter, is topfill, and holds 2mL of eliquid. It's very lightweight, as it's mainly made of plastic. The airflow can be adjusted for MTL vaping or for RDL vaping. You use the Innokin Z-Coils in it, and it comes with a 1.6ohm coil installed. That 1.6ohm coil is the most popular one, for those who prefer vaping at 14W or less. I bought quite a few of the Go-Z from InnokinStore.com 3 weeks ago, and I like them. They ship from Texas, and the S/H is very reasonable.

GO Z Tank - They also carry the Z-coils for it, though they're about $4.00 more per box there, than from an online vendor in Florida.

ADDED:
    I almost forgot that the Innokin Prism T18 Tank is a good one, and would work well on your D19 battery, too. It's an 18mm glass and metal, top-fill tank, for MTL vaping. I've never had any leaking problems with mine. It takes the Innokin Prism T18 coils that are still readily available, and they come in several ohms. The 1.5ohm are my personal favorite.

Innokin Prism T18 Tank - They have it in many different colors. The coils are also available there, though they can be found for a lower price elsewhere, too.

DITTO ^ ^ ^ ^

Crowsimage

May 29, 2022
    Kansas City

ADDED:

DITTO ^ ^ ^ ^

is there any sites you recommend to buy or just straight from the manufacturer? ha got it

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    is there any sites you recommend to buy or just straight from the manufacturer?

I'd buy either of the tanks from InnokinStore.com.....that I linked to in my post. The website is owned/run by Innokin, whose main location is in China. Having a Texas location or distribution center to better serve buyers in the US...means we receive orders quicker, and the S/H is much less than having it sent from China. Their S/H is also less than most other US vape websites charge now.

If I were you, I'd get whatever tanks you want that I linked to, from them. Each one will come with at least 1 coil. I'd try them with that coil and see how you like them...before ordering any boxes of coils. I can let you know then, where to get the best deal on whichever coils you decide you like and want to stock up on by the box.

Last edited:

Crowsimage

May 29, 2022
    Kansas City
    I'd buy either of the tanks from InnokinStore.com.....that I linked to in my post. The website is owned/run by Innokin, whose main location is in China. Having a Texas location or distribution center to better serve buyers in the US...means we receive orders quicker, and the S/H is much less than having it sent from China. Their S/H is also less than most other US vape websites charge now.

If I were you, I'd get whatever tanks you want that I linked to, from them. Each one will come with at least 1 coil. I'd try them with that coil and see how you like them...before ordering any boxes of coils. I can let you know then, where to get the best deal on whichever coils you decide you like and want to stock up on by the box.

Honestly, if the "Savvy Vape Lady" (@JCinFLA) doesn't know the best least expensive vendor to get vape products from - NO ONE DOES . . . Just Sayin ' . . . . :rolleyes:

Ok thank you so much. Putting the order in now through Innokin.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I ordered these on that night and they said they shipped June 1st but all it says is label is created. Is this usual? And that it's still in Texas.

They most likely actually did take your package to the Post Office on June 1st. However, until the workers there scan the package into the USPS system...to show it has been accepted by them...it will show only "Label Created" when you check the Tracking.

The Pflugerville, Texas post office at times gets "backed up" with many packages waiting to be scanned into the system. There's nothing anyone who has taken packages there can do about it. It could be staff shortages that cause the backups, or the Post Office closing for a holiday, or maybe many businesses ship from there. Only the USPS would know the reason. There also were many Memorial Day sales going on, and all PO were closed for the holiday. So maybe that PO was overloaded with outgoing packages again.

IMO, there's likely nothing unusual going on with your package. I've always gotten anything/everything I've ordered from InnokinStore.com, and I've placed 13 orders with them in the last 1 1/2 years.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I Got both of those tanks too and they work great.

That's good. I knew they'd work well. :)

As far as the Zenith II recommendation:
    it was uncle that recommended it.

It wasn't Uncle. He said, DITTO...about my 2 tank suggestions for you.

the 18 work better with my 18ii battery but the other one you recommended works fantastic on the D19.

Did you get one of these kits below, that comes with that battery and a T18II tank?

Endura T18II Vape Pen Kit

I'm glad you like the little Go-Z tank on the D19. They're an awesome, little, lightweight tank, IMO. :)

Crowsimage

May 29, 2022
    Kansas City
    Kanger Subtank Mini V2 Tank
    Kanger DOTA RDTA Tank
    Black Kanger Protank 4 clearomizer
    Kanger CLTANK 4ml Clearomizer
    Kanger Protank 4 - EVOLVED
    Kanger Aerotank Plus Silver
    XLUM Tank
    Kanger Juppi Tank Silver

That way I can buy a couple and try them out.

I did replace the O-rings after the first ones seems to be not working, I even added some petroleum jelly to help seal. I use to work in a lab and never had problems like this I changed out the glass changed out the atomizer and still has a slight leak from somewhere.
    I used vapor4life since 2008 until they closed and always 808 and cartomizers I have so many vapor Zeus batteries brand new but no big xl 808 carts for them. so now trying to get into 510 just wish there was an automatic like I was used to. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: JCinFLA

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Kanger Subtank Mini V2 Tank
    Kanger DOTA RDTA Tank
    Black Kanger Protank 4 clearomizer
    Kanger CLTANK 4ml Clearomizer
    Kanger Protank 4 - EVOLVED
    Kanger Aerotank Plus Silver
    XLUM Tank
    Kanger Juppi Tank Silver
    That way I can buy a couple and try them out.
    I did replace the O-rings after the first ones seems to be not working, I even added some petroleum jelly to help seal. I use to work in a lab and never had problems like this I changed out the glass changed out the atomizer and still has a slight leak from somewhere.
    I used vapor4life since 2008 until they closed and always 808 and cartomizers I have so many vapor Zeus batteries brand new but no big xl 808 carts for them. so now trying to get into 510 just wish there was an automatic like I was used to. Thanks for your help.

I just didnt know with sub ohm and all those. I like the 1.2 ohm I didnt like the .5 ohm one. I dont mind if it hangs over I just want a tank that will last and not leak. again thank you so much for your help

Well here's the deal then. You don't really want to go with any of the kanger tanks that take factory coils because Kanger isn't making the coils anymore like they used to and I believe they are going to stop producing all their coils soon, as they have gotten out of the Kanger brand and are just making stuff for other companies.
    Get something more modern like an Innokin Zenith II tank which takes the Z-coil.

Reactions: Crowsimage

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I got the tanks the only one I am having proiblems with is the Innokin Zenith II tank.

You got a Zenith II tank? The ones I recommended and linked to...to use on your D19 battery, were the new little Go-Z tank and/or the Innokin Prism T18 tank. The Zenith II tank has a 5.5mL capacity and is a whopping 25mm in diameter, compared to the 19mm of your D19 battery. It's large diameter and capacity won't affect its performance, but doesn't it seem very top-heavy and awkward on your D19?

In any event, what ohm coils are you using in it? When you said it "acts like my Joyetech Exceed D19 battery is not strong enough to vaporize everything"...the coils are 1 thing that can make a difference. You've only got a 1500mAh battery in the D19. Also, which of the 2 modes are you using...the direct output...or the constant voltage output? If I were you, I'd check the info on those things in your user manual that came with your Exceed D19 kit. You can also check and/or adjust the airflow on the Zenith II, which will make a difference in the amount of vapor you get with each draw you take.

any ideas or suggestions or a recromendation on a inexpensive stronger battery/kit? thanks again for all your help

I'll send you a PM [private message] tomorrow, with some recommendations for inexpensive, stronger batteries/kits.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Crowsimage
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread