Not open for further replies.

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
hello. first take the atty off and blow out all of that excess juice you got in there. put it back on and barely sqeeze one until you BARELY see the juice start to appear below the bottom of the atty. i honestly don't need to squeeze after that, as mine seems to self feed. if it does not self feed, you may need to do it but wait until the flavor changes or you don't hear the atty sound the same anymore( it sounds wet). see if this helps and then come back and i'm sure someone will jump in

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Yeah, the regular squonking method has NEVER worked for me. You should try the blind squonking technique. That involves:

1. Lightly squeezing the bottle as usual.
2. The difference is while your squeezing the bottle. Take a light dry hit without pushing the button.
3. When you hear a slight gurgle then immediately stop.
4. Finally pressing the button and start vaping.

That should take care of you overfeeding the atomizer. Hope that helps and if you have anymore questions then feel free to ask.

Last edited:

studio52

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2011
Meridian MS
Yeah, the regular squonking method has NEVER worked for me. You should try the blind squonking technique. That involves:

1. Lightly squeezing the bottle as usual.
2. The difference is while your squeezing the bottle. Take a light dry hit without pushing the button.
3. When you hear a slight gurgle then immediately stop.
4. Finally pressing the button and start vaping.

That should take care of you overfeeding the atomizer. Hope that helps and if you have anymore questions then feel free to ask.

Was going to reply because I had similar issues when I started using a bottom feeder...but this post gives you the perfect advice, the trick is to dry hit the atty before firing...I take a little hit everytime I want to vape it before firing the button...try it youll like it..love my Reo Grand ...now.

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
You just need a little practice. After you get over the learning curve then everything should be fine. The best LR atties IMO are Cisco LR 306's and 510's, IKV 1.5 ohm 510's, and finally Joye LR 510's. All of them has worked and performed exceptionally.

Spent the better part of 3 hours trying to perfect it. Small sips, medium sips, small squeezes, medium squeezes. Nothing.
I really think the atty is the problem.
I shall buy some of the attys you suggested and try again. :)

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Well, all bottom feeders have a learning curve. Some learn faster then others. It took me a while to learn too. So, don't feel like your a dunce or something. 3hrs isn't long enough for anyone to learn how to feed with a bottom feeder honestly. Plus, your relatively new to vaping and bottom feeders too. So, don't beat yourself up about it. Just take a few days and I'm sure you'll get it in no time.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
There's also another thing that I wanted to mention. It was brought to my attention by Rhapsodie Fire who is one of the moderators in the original REO forum.

So, in addition to taking a light draw. It would help to take a longer and slower draw when you do the blind squonk. Which will effect the amount of juice that feeds up to the atomizer. Thus, decreasing the chances of you having a flooding issue.

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
Ok. Have been with this for two days and nothing. I've had a total, TOTAL, of two, TWO,
very good tokes on this and the rest were either super dry or juice in my mouth.
I stuck the atty on my provari and the ohms read 1.4.
Since the Grand is at 3.7v, I'm getting 9.77 watts of power. Should I use an atty with
a higher ohm rating like 1.6-1.9?
The slower I drag on this 1.4, the hotter it is and the burnt taste just comes thorough.
If I squeeze a little more juice in it, it floods.
I've got four more Reos coming in the mail and I'd hate to put them up for sale right away
just because they're all so nice looking wooden box mods.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Don't take that long of a drag. All you need for 1.5 or 1.4 ohm atties is generally a 4 second drag, 5-6 at the most. Any longer and you can risk killing your atomizer. It's almost like dry burning it. Which can overheat the coil to the point of extinction. In addition, allow the atty to cool after about 5 draws or so too. This is true of any atomizer out there.

Also, I think that the juice your using is unfit to use in your particular atomizer. What flavor is it? If it's a fruit, dessert, or mellow flavored juice then that's your problem. I would suggest a 1.8 ohm atomizer if you don't want to loose TH while retaining flavor.

Another tip is to get some Boge LR 2.0 or Smoketech 1.7 XL LR single coiled cartos. Not sure how you feel about cartomizers but it's much easier for a person to learn how to squonk correctly with these. The learning curve will dramatically be decreased and there is less of a chance for you to flood it. Or getting any juice in your mouth

Also, check out post #13. There was more information on how you should take a hit. I'm only one person and so, I don't have all of the answers. If you want more suggestions then I suggest you make a thread at REOtropolis:

Reos Mods

Really hate to see a person that was enthusiastic about owning a REO have a bad experience.

Last edited:

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Also, here's a way to think about squonking. If you do it correctly, then that's the same as 3 drops of juice which will last you about 5 drags. Just like you would get if you dripped with a tube mod. There's no reason to do a second squonk unless you notice a drop in flavor or you taste a very light metallic taste. Which is an indicator that the next hit will be aweful.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
No problem jp, I'm always glad to help whenever I can. Smoketech atomizers are just ok to be honest with you. They're like the generic kind. Like Bauways for example. Not really a fan of those. If you were to go with another cheap atomizer. Then the Joye LR 510's are just as good as some of the premium 510 atomizers out there. Good flavor and everything else. Although, you have to get rid of the primer first.

Anyways, yeah it's your juice since it's a straight caramel. Never ordered from Heavens gate and so, I don't know how strong they flavor they're juices. But, those types don't do to well in low ohm atties due to the sugar content. Is it dark in color? Because that can gunk your coil up and you'll be getting a baste taste/performance from it.

I would highly recommend you getting a different juice for the time being. Well, until you get a hang of things. I hope caramel is not your favorite. Since it isn't going to do well in cartos neither. Since it has sugar in it and will clog it up as I've mentioned earlier. Also, your filler material is going to retain a lot of it. Which wicking issues as well. Meaning the juice won't get to the coil fast enough and you'll be getting a bad vaping experience. It also effects flavor.

I mean, you can get a few days in it or a week if your lucky but, then you have to either clean the atomizer or throw away the carto. Depending on how heavy you vape. The good thing is that 70/30 does really good in cartos in general. Just make sure that your juice isn't really dark or has a lot of sugar in it.

Hope that this isn't to bad for you. Since, it's going to be the same way whether you use a bottom feeder or not. The juice is pretty important and it effects the performance of either an atomizer or cartomizer in the end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread