The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I need juice with stronger flavors so I want to DIY

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by firephly, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. firephly

firephly Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2013
    CA
    My primary reason for wanting to start DIY is due to the fact that so many things i have ordered just have too mild of a flavor for me, so I want to make my own juice, and doctor up the weak flavored ones i have.

Has anyone else started for this reason, and what flavorings/recipes did you have the best luck with?

I find alice in vapeland too mild, as a guide to what i mean by mild.

2. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    This was One of the Main Reasons I started doing DIY. So I could Add a few Drops of Flavoring/Sweeteners to make Retail e-Liquids Stronger/Sweeter.

Then the Mad Scientist in my kinda Gained Control, and I found myself buying Beakers and Graduated Cylinders and, well, the Rest is History.

3. Rat2chat2

Rat2chat2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2013
    Fantasy Island
    I'm not sure what type of flavors you like but I know you like em' strong if you consider AIV mild.:laugh: There are some good flavorings at WallyWorld. I have used successfully Watkins Peppermint, Puremint and rootbeer. DIY is also as addictive as cigarettes. Lots of good threads on ecf to get help. Just make sure the flavoring you try doesn't have anything funky in it. The ones I have tried only have pg and some alcohol. That is another suggestion I would make. A couple of drops of Everclear added to a atomizer full of your favorite will had a good amount of throat hit IMO. I use it all the time. Good luck to ya and happy vaping.

4. Steamix

Steamix Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2013
    Vapistan
    Bought 3 or 4 ready-made juices. Guess my works were so gunked up by decades of heavy smoking that all of them didn't even remotely taste like what it said on the label. So got into DIY right after that. Flavour concentrations that would make others retch worked for me just fine.

Some of the sensory gear does recover - getting by with less than pimped-to-the-max flavour concentrations now.

Sticking to DIY nevertheless. Once hooked it's kinda hard to let go of the li'l alchemist's kitchen :)

Plus you can't beat the cost side of DIY.

So jump right into DIY - tons of recipes here, plus the odd piece of software that does the nitty-gritty math for ya.. :)

5. dannyv45

dannyv45 ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.