I Need Opinions on the SMOK Stick Prince/ TFV12 Prince

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjcraig

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2015
Ramona, CA
Hey guys, I'm coming back into the world of vaping. I was on the train for a few years before I went through a bad period in my life and I picked the smokes back up. Anyway, prior to that I had primarily used the UWell Crown and the Aspire Cleito on an iPV. When I decided to get back into it I didn't want to deal with batteries and chargers so I went for a built-in battery set up instead.

I'm using max VG 6 mg juice. I tried the 0.12 ohm coil first with the airflow only closed about a quarter of the way and it hit very fast and had a bunch of flavor, but that got kind of overwhelming at times having basically a 2 second draw. I'm trying the 0.4 coil now and I'm kind of confused with what I'm seeing so far. With the airflow only opened a quarter of the way, one draw takes about 5-9 seconds and the first 3-4 of the seconds it doesn't feel like anything is happening. If I fire for about 3 seconds before I take a hit it's pretty much fine, but I've noticed the vapor production is hit or miss and the juice is literally never hot; if anything it's cold, and I rarely catch flavor.

I was really good about priming coils when I had wattage to work with in 5-10 watt increments, but I'm wondering if I did something wrong without the ability to change the power. I put some juice on the top of the cotton, a drop in the exposed cotton on the sides, and then filled the tank and let it sit for an hour, all with the airflow closed. After that, with that airflow still closed, I took a few draws without firing, and then did a few quick draws while firing. I'm also wondering if max VG isn't the way to go with this set up. My typical set up previously was max VG, 3 mg, 0.4 ohm, typically somewhere around 45-65 watts and that created a nice 3-5 second draw that mimicked the feeling I had with cigarettes. I don't know; at this point I'm happy with maybe 1/5 draws and it just doesn't feel right. I had another guy I work with hit it and he said it felt fine to him, but he also likes long drawn out hits. I feel like I'm doing lung acrobats to get the hit I'm looking for and it shouldn't be this difficult. Any ideas? Thanks for reading.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well it sounds to me like you are running into the limitations of a fixed wattage setup, and the disadvantages of those include the fact that you really can't adjust much (either way) and that's a downside.

I think Innoken makes some pretty reliable and powerful internal battery mods that are variable wattage, so you could look into those.

In the meantime (if you have batteries) I might suggest trying the Prince tank on one of the mods you have now, and seeing if you like it better at a higher wattage. I guess you could try some of the different coils, but it's possible none of them could perform well (for you) at 60 watts. I know a lot of folks really like the Prince tank for flavor, but it can take tweaking to "settle" on that good vape, that you just don't really have available with the smok stick.

Best of luck, I hope you find a solution. Is there a reason you now prefer internal battery mods? I ask merely because it does somewhat limit your options for higher power vaping in ways internal battery mods don't. Essentially, you are taking a step backward on the vaping ladder, and if you had more success before, it may be due to this reason. Etc.

Best of luck,

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Tank coils have a wattage range depending mostly on what resistance they are. The lower the resistance (ohm), the more likely they require a higher wattage to fire them. It very well could be that whatever your mod's fixed output is, is too low for your coils to perform.

A fixed wattage mod is much like a mech mod. You can't change your "vape experience" by adjusting the wattage output. You're pretty much stuck with what you got. I for one don't understand why someone would want one to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread