The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I need recommendations for an inexpensive vape and e-juice--newbie

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Lyss, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Lyss

Lyss Full Member

Aug 18, 2015
    So I bought some disposable e-cigs and I like the nicotine but I think I would like zero nicotine juice if it has a good flavor and throat hit...maybe something minty! :p I want to buy a real vape but I don't want to throw down a lot of cash and I also don't know what I'm doing at all :/ help!

2. Lucas1979

Lucas1979 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2014
    Australia
    What's ur budget these days u can get a decent setup for 70 to 100 a aspire nautilus clearomiser for 30 and a istick 30 for around 50 and some coils pack of 5 for 12 dollars

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lyss

Lyss Full Member

Aug 18, 2015
  4. Susan~S

Susan~S ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2014
    Mpls/St.Paul, MN
    • Like Like x 2
  5. HighPlainsPuffer

HighPlainsPuffer Senior Member

Jul 9, 2015
    in flux
    Istick 40 or coolfire 4 and an aspire et-s. $41.50 plus shipping at worldofvape. This is a little more than the kit you linked above, but you'll be a lot better off with a decent battery. The nautilus shown above is a great tank to upgrade to if you like tootling. If you want to try a sub tank after a bit these batteries will both support one.

Edit: for cheap juice the only options are online. Juice mafia, mount baker vapor, vape wild, and itc vapes are all cheaper but great sites to check out. I just heard white label is good too, I'm going to get some next month.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lyss

Lyss Full Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Starter kits? I don't want any mixing and matching parts

7. Tony80

Tony80 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Kanger Subox

[​IMG]
    Evic VT

Don't know of other matching starter kits, can find both of those for $50-80 online. Don't forget extra coil heads.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kim B.

Kim B. Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2013
    STL MO
    The iStick 40w with a GS Air-M tank is a nice little set up, both can be had for about $40-$45 total if you do a little bargain hunting online. Couple of advantages to this set up, imho, the iStick 40w can be used in wattage or temperature control mode, and both regular and temp control coils are available for the GS Air tanks at a reasonable price, quite handy in case you want to dip your feet into temp control vaping or just run the iStick in wattage mode. Definitely an economical plug 'n play option.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Davis8988

Davis8988 Full Member

Aug 16, 2015
  10. Davis8988

Davis8988 Full Member

Aug 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Tony80

Tony80 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2015
    Found a couple more:
    [​IMG]
    Matrix Sub-Ohm kit - $47.85
    40W, 2000 Mah

[​IMG]
    Coolfire IV- $48.85
    I like the matching color on tank, but leery about polycarb tanks personally
    40w 2000 Mah

These are at Elementvape.com

• Like Like x 1
  12. jonnychadootz

jonnychadootz Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2014
    Westchester, NY
    For juice - If you want DIY I would suggest Ecigexpress. If not, Vista Vapors makes makes good juice @ a good price and lots of choices.

• Like Like x 1
  13. FloGrown

FloGrown Full Member

Aug 6, 2015
    image.jpg H
    Decent battery, super tiny. Add a GS tank and you've got a good small reliable set up with excellent flavor for $30
    Liquid; try mountain oak vapor Eskimo Kisses (mint chocolate) or Halo Kringles Curse (just like a peppermint candy)
    If you pref more ego shape, plus one vote on the Ego one mini, personally I pref the GS tank in it for flavor vs the ego one tank

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Alien Traveler

Alien Traveler Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2014
    United States
  15. Lyss

Lyss Full Member

Aug 18, 2015
  16. pappcam

pappcam Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 16, 2015
    Canada
    So basically you asked for advice and took none of it?

• Like Like x 1
  17. FloGrown

FloGrown Full Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Kanger isnt bad as long as you MAKE SURE its authentic; should have authenticity guarantee and code. The knock offs are junk that leak and die. Myfreedomsmokes carries authentic at good prices. Batteries are in fact rechargeable, coils have to be replaced every 2 wks give or take. I had one (standard ego type kit) and only used it a short time before upgrading. Be sure to read specs and dimensions, some of these can be quite large if you dont like that then Id look at other opts. The isticks are variable volt/watt and super easy to plug n play- look for kit or be sure is correct thread (510 i believe) or have an adapter. Even the mini 10w is I think 1100mah?? And will last a full day+ for avg vaper. Know a lot of ppl that have and love these as 1st set up w/ no probs and have kept them to this day. The plus of isticks/ego ones/otgers similar is you have the ability to run dif ohms/coils/tanks on a batt that can handle it and wont have to upgrade in a few months when you want that ability. :)
    Good luck and happy vaping!

• Like Like x 1
  18. FloGrown

FloGrown Full Member

Aug 6, 2015
    And of course ALWAYS look up suppliers on ECF before ordering to verify is a good reliable vendor.

19. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

1: you keep replacing the atomizer/coil-head, not the whole clearomizer.
    2: the rechargeable battery is good for a nominal 300 recharges; eventually it will need to be replaced.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lyss

Lyss Full Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Very helpful thank you!!

Awesome thanks that clears it up for me.

No need to get snappy...I'm new and just want to figure out what the fuss is all about...even if I don't get a box mod or more advanced set-up it's good to be informed about what's out there.
    Thanks guys

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.