I need recommendations for an inexpensive vape and e-juice--newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
If you are a non-smoker looking at getting into the hobby, you already have a lot of good suggestions and options.

If you are trying to quit the smokes, get thee to a vape shop. Or two or three. For the gear, you can then at least touch and handle the devices and perhaps even try some. Take the information here with you. Just because you walked in the door does not mean you have to buy there and pay their price. But should you find what you like at a competitive price, it's nice to have a place to take it back for help or exchange if faulty.

More importantly in your efforts to quit the smokes, the juice is as or more important then the gear. Taste their juices, find a few you think you will enjoy over a period of time, and then buy in small bottles to start. You can always stop back in and buy in the larger bottle if you like it at the nic level you try. And you also have the option to buy at different nic levels and mix to adjust as may be needed. Once you find a couple "go to" flavors, then you can expand your search for better or cheaper juices.

If you read through the boards, you will see posts about questionable or downright bad shops. But if you can find a good one with good people, it's nice to have someplace to go and spend some vaping time.

Reactions: FloGrown

Tony80

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015
Okay I'm deciding between that, this: PVS & Mods | Kanger EVOD Blister Kit | VaporBeast and this: PVS & Mods | Kanger EVOD Mega Kit | VaporBeast
I'm just confused because I'm wondering, will I need to replace the clearomizer after awhile? And I don't need to replace the battery because it's rechargeable right?
650MaH isn't much power, you would definitely want a second battery with that.

You can get this kit for $30

Package Contents:

• 2 x KangerTech EVOD 650mAh Batteries
  • 2 x KangerTech EVOD 2 Bottom Dual Coil Clearomizers
  • 5 x KangerTech EVOD 2 Replacement Heads - 2.5Ω Standard Resistance
  • 1 x USB Wire Charger
  • 1 x A/C to USB Converter
Here
and not have anything to worry about, except juice.You get 2 batteries, and 2 tanks, so you can have either 2 setups going, or a spare battery and 2 different flavors. Spare atomizers, you can get 2-3 weeks a pop on each probably.

I would certainly visit a couple vape shops and try some flavors. You don't want to get stuck with juice you hate...If you order make sure you don't have to steep it(first order), or that's another week+ before you can use.

Last edited:

Lyss

Aug 18, 2015
Istick 40 or coolfire 4 and an aspire et-s. $41.50 plus shipping at worldofvape. This is a little more than the kit you linked above, but you'll be a lot better off with a decent battery. The nautilus shown above is a great tank to upgrade to if you like tootling. If you want to try a sub tank after a bit these batteries will both support one.

Edit: for cheap juice the only options are online. Juice mafia, mount baker vapor, vape wild, and itc vapes are all cheaper but great sites to check out. I just heard white label is good too, I'm going to get some next month.
Question what is tootling lol

Lyss

Aug 18, 2015
+1 on the iStick 30 watt with an Aspire Mini Nautilus or GS Air

Below are reviews on them.

The 30 Watt iStick

Aspire Nautilus Mini
Eleaf GS Air Tank Atomizer Review Made For iStick

4f4a37f5-cac4-47a0-94b9-31b2900fd6b6_zpsqab8njbe.jpg
I think I want to just go for it and buy an iStick...what wattage for good clouds? And which atomizer to match the wattage? Thanks guys you're being so helpful :)
Edit: yeah I think I crave more clouds it's more satisfying and if I switch to 0 nic that's what I will want

keyman550

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Springfield,IL
When I started two years ago, I thought about where I would take this "thing" and where i could use it. ( at that time we could use it anywhere. not today but oh well), so think about where you going to spend most of your time with it, like if at work and in some place you have to hide it, a small pen or a small box mod that fits in your pocket will work.

Or if your like me now I have a evic-vt with a belt holder for the world to see :)

just something to think about when buying your mods.

pappcam

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2015
Canada
I also have a question, how do you load e-liquid into the tank--like how much should you put in? And how long does a little bottle last?
Most tanks are bottom filled meaning flip the tank upside down take off the bottom and fill it up without getting any in the chimney. Some newer models are top fill but I have no experience with those. Most tanks hold between 2-5ml and how much you vape is totally a personal decision. I vape 2-3 ml most days but up to 4 or 5 if I'm doing something that keeps me outside all day like camping, golfing, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread