• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I need some advice on atty's

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissKitty47

ECF Veteran
Well, after getting my hands slapped by a couple of the 'boys' I don't feel comfortable in the regular forum...I don't know why they are being so snarky and mean over there, but I don't need the negativity right now...HELLO! I just quit smoking...don't be mean to me or anyone else, Boys! GRR!

OK, I ordered a VapeMate, I use eGo batts...2 of them are the 5-click 1000 mah, one is a 650 mah PT. We're currently using the tank and tank attys, but it's not working for us...tried all the tweaks out there and we're still disappointed.

My question is, what atty should I get? Or should I order a little smorgesboard of them and find which works best? Does anyone else find themselves in this situation, too? What did you do? I welcome each and every comment and would NEVER be nasty or mean to anyone who helped me. Thanks, Ladies!:)

honuhart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2009
cincinnati ohio
Sorry for your experience...do NOT let anyone keep you from going anywhere in here that you want to go, especially a boy haha...we are all here to help each other, some more than others....ignor the bullies... as for the e-cig, i didn't have any luck with the tank either, it has alot of potential, its just not there yet..for me... i use a 510 LR atty with a drip tip, so far thats the best i can come up with...i didn't have any luck with cartomizers either, they always taste burnt and make me cough. Sometimes it takes ordering a little of everything to find what works best for you....good luck, and again, go anywhere you want !!!

MissKitty47

ECF Veteran
THANK YOU!! I also deal with chronic nerve pain, and those darned boys are just getting to me lately, I guess. I'm VERY glad that I have my 'safe zone' here. I think I will order a little of this, little of that---there goes my debit card smoking again! At least it's the only thing smoking in this house now! And if I don't use something, I can always pass it on to our kids. Thanks for letting me vent, too. It really helps those hurt feelers.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I have played around with 510 attys since everything I have has a 510 connection. I have the regular cig styles, the eGo (and Tornado and Inferno-all same really), a GLV2 which is 5v, a ProVape which is 3.7v, box mods-3.7v, and a mini REO-also 3.7.

I have LR attys and reg. res attys.

I use reg. res. attys on everything except the ProVape, on that I use the LR attys. This give me 2 PVs at 5v. With the LR, you have to keep them pretty wet...I suggest being comfortable with vaping in general before tackling these...unless you pick up on things quickly.

Now, the reg. res. attys....I prefer genuine Joye. I have bought around and have settled back on these. Just my own preference. I like the draw and I think there is a quality difference.

I drip with everything except the mini...it is a bottom feeder.

You CAN use the LR atty on the eGos...and it is nice....BUT !!!! ....you will shorten the overall life of your battery....it is just not built to take the kind of load that the LRs put on it.

Did I cover your questions ????...((hugs))

MissKitty47

ECF Veteran
Thank you, Class! That was just the info I needed. I didn't know that about draining the battery life...I sure don't want to do that! You made it so simple for someone who doesn't understand 'lectricity much. Makes sense to go with the brand name...

I wonder, oh I wonder what they Vaping Gods will invent next...that of course I will NEED! LOL!

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I can't help you with 510 anything..I use an 808 with atty's that go with it. I left mods far behind.
But I would like to give you a tiny piece of advice. When I first started, the board bully jumped on me for no reason..let me tell you I almost quit (no womens room back then and no friends yet!) But I decided if I turned tail I would never get my confidence back..so I very sweetly and firmly asked what he was talking about. I think he was confused...he apologised and moved on. I never had a problem after that. I don't go to the outside section where they really would eat me alive..I stay in the more public areas.
What I am saying is...stand your ground. Most of the big mouths are guys who think too much of themselves and would never behave like that in person. It's easy for them to be rude behind a computer. Most of them think they look cool in front of the vets..nothing could be further from the truth.
Just picture them with pimples and matchstick forearms eating pizza pockets. Then look at you SO and realize..if I can handle him..pencil neck should be no trouble!
Or you can tell us and we will go clean his clock!
If you have real trouble hit the report button and tell the mods what the prob is..they do not like it when pain in the tushes bother the ladies.
The report button is located below your (or someone elses) forum picture, it is the triangle.

Last edited:

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
I had something similar happen to me when I first joined. A new member was asking where to find genuine Joye attys. I told him where I bought mine from and this person chimed in and said that they weren't genuine. I just responded back that the website says so! I mean seriously......all he had to do was go look at the web site before he opened his mouth....LOL

I am with you MK....lets go get him :laugh::laugh:

Classy...way to go....you sure know your stuff :):)

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Get your tee shirts for the march! All sizes 2 colors pink and blue.
..I am taking cream pies for throwing!

mob.jpg

Nev

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2011
Las Vegas
When the boys start pushing you around let me know. I love a good online scrap anytime anywhere :) Having ran several forums and made more than enough "online communities", I not only can take it, I sometimes enjoy it :D Oh yeah, forgot that's why I don't run them anymore lol

But seriously if any of ya'll ever need an online back up, call on me :)

MissKitty47

ECF Veteran
Thank you, Ladies!! You don't know how much you made me smile...I only hope I can do the same for you, too. It always surprises me when people have the CHOICE to act mean or be kind, they pick mean. It takes too much energy to be mean. The funny thing about the whole situation was he edited most of the post and only picked out the two lines that were personal conversation, to the OP and the post above mine, where that person had asked ME a question...and said basically that I knew nothing about forums, or sticking to the thread, etc...so I politely 'thanked him' and he then replied, well, I guess I beat that horse hard enough...I thought about saying more or reporting it, but figured why bother...that bustard has to look at himself in the mirror everyday, that should be enough punishment. And the thread was about NOT scaring away the new people. Oh, My! I'm just glad my Pirate doesn't 'do' forums...he'd be out for blood.

I ordered 2 packs of clearomizers, as a dear, sweet lady on here sent me one (and a drip tip) and the clearo really worked for Pirate. I also got 5 reg joye attys, not LR. Thanks again for explaining what those do to a battery like mine, Classwife. My VapeMate has shipped! I'm getting really excited about it. I really enjoy dripping, just not having to re-drip all the time. I don't have very good fine-motor skills anymore, so it was always kinda comical to watch myself do it. Hey, ya gotta laugh, right?!

If I have anymore run-ins with this so-called person again, I'll sic y'all on his ....! Thanks for the back up. It's always been easier for me to stick up for others, but not myself. Especially if it's anything to do with my kids. My favorite saying is, "Never, never EVER test that Mother Bear Theory!"

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I just get mean right back when they're like that. There are a couple of the guys who make me wish I could just shake the snot of them! Anyway...

Have fun with the VM and let us know how you like it! I've been trying to decide whether I should pull the trigger on one of those. I think it would make my Chameleon look even more steampunky.

MissKitty47

ECF Veteran
I really hope it comes in tomorrow, so the mailman stalking thus commences! Otherwise I have to wait ALLLLLL the way til Monday....shiver shiver. I ended up using blank carts today. I just couldn't take one more day of the tank. I really wish it would have worked for me, darn it. And the pretty drip tip I ordered...frost pink. I am going to enjoy just looking at it, let alone using it. HzG8rgrl has a great youtube video on the VM...have you caught that one, WOH? It's a must see if not. I'll let everyone know how it goes, too!

achtungbaby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
St. Petersburg, Florida
MissKitty, this probably seems obvious but as you order and try different things be sure to mark them. I ordered some LR atty's and didn't and can't tell them apart from the regulars. OOPS!
I didn't really like the clearomizers...nor the boge carts, I think my KBV joose is too thick. I despise the burnt taste so for now I'm using the tanks. Knock on wood, I've yet to get the nasty burnt taste. I did get some smartcarts, but was advised to mod them with blue foam which I haven't gotten yet..If you want to try one pm me-I'll send you one! They can not be used w/lr *see above note about marking-duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread