I need some HELP! I am fairly new to vaping and something is majorly wrong!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

julesb

Feb 16, 2013
Dallas, Texas
I have been vaping about two months now and I am having more trouble & spending more money on this thing it is almost making me want to give up and turn back to reg cigs! I have a bag FULL of stardust clearomizers...I have been told they should last around 2 weeks. Every single one I have used lasts a day...and that is if I hardly smoke out of it. After that first day it is nothing but just plain burnt taste. I thought it was maybe a malfunctioning battery (possibly overheating) so i bought a new one. then i thought it was the liquid...i bought 5 more bottles. i just keep buying the stardusts to no avail (this is the only clearomizer my local store carries). Everyone else i talk to seems to have no trouble at all. I just don't know what is going on. I am not an idiot...but i am sure starting to feel like one. This vaporizer is kicking my ....! (and my wallet) any help would be appreciated :(

Bubba

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2010
North Carolina
OK where to start?

First, let's talk about the analogs. Maybe your plan should be a more gradual transition from analog to PV. I gave myself 2 weeks to get my setup figured out before starting to vape exclusively. I knew it would be a trial and error process, and if I needed to smoke, I did. Don't get me wrong, the ultimate goal was to quit smoking (which I have) but I was willing to allow myself room for error

Now, let's talk about those stardusts. They don't work for many people due to what some consider a major design flaw. They have long wicks with the atomizer at the top. This means the liquid has to travel up that wick and into the atty. A lot of times, this wicking action cannot keep up with how much you're vaping. In short, you're vaping more than can travel up that wick and into the atty. This means the wick gets dried out, and, you guessed it - burnt taste. For now, try tipping the stardust "bottoms up" to get more of the juice to the atty faster. Do this periodically while vaping. It should help with the wicking issues

So, what to do now?

A lot of people go with a BCC - bottom coil clearomizer. This means that the atty is on the bottom of the clearo rather than the top. Suddenly gravity is your friend. Take a look at the Kanger T3's.

Also, some swear by the vivi novas; I've never used them so can't comment. They do get a lot of love here though

You need to plan on ordering some stuff online so you can get what works rather than what's available. Many of us order weekly so that we have a "stockpile" to keep us from ending up on your shoes - no offense. As a vaper, what you don't want is for something to break or run out and have no backup plan. Many times this will lead you right back to analogs. This is why I recommended earlier that you allow yourself a week or two to get your setup up to speed, have some backups, the right juice, etc.

Finally, someone else recommended a video by pbusardo, and I agree. Find him on youtube, his reviews are in depth and give an honest opinion. The reason I mention him is because a LOT of what you'll find on youtube about ecigs is crap.

What happens is, a vendor/website will offer you a discount or gift card if you'll post a youtube video promoting their product. Well of course you're not going to do an honest review (after all you want your discount, right?) So you end up with a ton of people who know less than you do trying to sound like they know what they're talking about and leading those who don't know down the wrong road, all in the name of 10% off.

Do your research, read here, search, etc. You'll get it figured out.

I have been vaping about two months now and I am having more trouble & spending more money on this thing it is almost making me want to give up and turn back to reg cigs! I have a bag FULL of stardust clearomizers...I have been told they should last around 2 weeks. Every single one I have used lasts a day...and that is if I hardly smoke out of it. After that first day it is nothing but just plain burnt taste. I thought it was maybe a malfunctioning battery (possibly overheating) so i bought a new one. then i thought it was the liquid...i bought 5 more bottles. i just keep buying the stardusts to no avail (this is the only clearomizer my local store carries). Everyone else i talk to seems to have no trouble at all. I just don't know what is going on. I am not an idiot...but i am sure starting to feel like one. This vaporizer is kicking my ....! (and my wallet) any help would be appreciated :(

It is very hard to give you any advice with so little information. We need to know resistence level of your clearomixers. What kind of power supply. Type of e-juive pg/vg% Are you a chain vaper? What mg is your e-juice etc

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
I have to say.........if I bought something from a B&M and it wasn't working for me, I would go back and ask for their help. supposedly that is one of the advantages of a B&M over an internet vendor. if they can't show me how to use their product(s) or what I might be doing wrong, I would not go back. just my humble opinion!

I have to say, I've been to 1 B&M in Texas and I was not impressed. I thought they were rather rude..............

mtw4shore

Moved On
Nov 7, 2012
First, let's talk about the analogs. Maybe your plan should be a more gradual transition from analog to PV. I gave myself 2 weeks to get my setup figured out before starting to vape exclusively. I knew it would be a trial and error process, and if I needed to smoke, I did. Don't get me wrong, the ultimate goal was to quit smoking (which I have) but I was willing to allow myself room for error

2 weeks? My self control is horrible, so I gave myself 2 months!

Bubba

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2010
North Carolina

2 weeks? My self control is horrible, so I gave myself 2 months!

Hey, whatever works!

I had experience in the past with vaping, so when I got back into it I wasn't really starting from scratch. Maybe 2 months would be better if you're starting from scratch

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
The only clearomizers I use are the Kanger T3's....I have had no problem with them and once they are available Im going to get the Kanger Protank. I also use carto tanks at the house. But like the others said talk to the owners and let them teach you. Hopefully they will know some information to pass on to you.

I have been trying to convert my old tobacco store owner to open a little corner devoted to vaping but I don't think there is enough in our town to show interest. Now all he offers are the Blu e cigs I even told him I would be a consultant and he could pay me in supplies! LOL

nomorebutts4me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Punta Gorda, Florida
I use the iclear 16 CE Clearomizers, (both single and dual), and I have had a great experience with them, I do tend to roll my eGo around in my palm so it must keep the wicks wet, but I just LOVE them, and so must other people as they sell very well in the B&M I visit.

When we first start out we tend to puff and pull a lot harder on the mouthpiece than we should, slow, even draws should be your aim.

You might want to consider going higher in your nicotine levels, I started out at 18mg but bought a 24mg for those tough moments.

Dark juices may be the culprit here too, they tend to clog the wicks and atomizer.

I also think you should go back to the store and speak to the people there, I was having problems with my iCab and it turned out I was overdrawing.....

Good Luck and keep trying to convert, (never say Quit), and you will make it!

Michael Jones

Mar 2, 2013
'Burbs of NYC
As someone who has just gotten in vaping, and started off with the blu cigalikes, I'd like to recommend myfreedomsmokes.com. I ordered the Joyetech eGo-C starter kit from them. I set one battery up with the included atty and a juice from them and had no trouble. When I went to set up the second battery and atty/tank, I couldn't take a drag. I did some trouble shooting on my side and had no luck. I called them and spoke with Dustin who was more than helpful. He took the time to go over things with me, and when we narrowed down the problem, he sent me a new atty setup, the base and cone, along with a new atty. I had a few additional questions, and he was more than generous with his time in addressing my issues.

I have very quickly learned that patience and the willingness to do research are the name of the game when it comes to PVs. Take your time, do your research, and you'll hopefully find that you have years of vaping ahead of you. Hopefully this will help you avoid going back to analogs.

Soberrider

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Ohio
hello Julesb,
I have been vaping for just over a year and so far the most reliable way to vape with the least amount of trouble is by using an eGo battery or a vv Mod with Boge 2.0 Low Resistance Cartomizers. Sure Vapes is the best place to get a deal on those. I have in the last couple weeks been trying out the Vivi Nova Clearomizers and a Kanger T2 Clearomizer, and so far they are a total pain. They only really work well about 25% of the time. The rest is all burnt taste. I have tried almost every "FIX" I can find on Youtube and still have a great dificulty with those types. See if you like Boge 2.0 LR Cartomizers. I think you will find them to be a good bit better than what you have been experiencing. Another good Cartomizer is the "eGo Mega Dual Coil". Hope this helps. :2cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread