I need some help with my Heron, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyphex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
USA
I have tried about 6 builds now and I keep getting dry hits. My friend stopped over and asked what I was burning, and I had only been vaping unflavored liquid.

I am using 2mm Ekowool and 30 awg kanthal. My builds are about 1.9 ohm and I use a Kick set at 9W.

This is my latest attempt
From the side

Previous attempts

I did have a good build all day yesterday, using the ribbon wire that was included with my order, but it was too low resistance for my liking and took a while to heat up.

I have read through the posts here and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have built on my R91 for a little over 2 months and I'm using a similar technique when building these coils.

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Hey buddy!

You know I could be totally wrong, but I suspect that maybe your loop in the wick may be too long. I had a similar issue but with cotton. I was trimming the cotton so that it was too long, and it was effectively "blocking off" the juice flow down to the coils as the cotton was being squished down by the fluff above..

Are you using the cotton topper just out of curiosity? Because if so, then the wick may be getting "choked" at the point where it passes through the topper (due to excess wick being bunched up above the topper).....

Maybe try a bit of a smaller loop? We have to remember that the bottom of the fluff really isn't that far above the coil, so a small loop will usually suffice in most cases.....

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
No, I'm not using the topper. I have been slowly making my loops smaller, but I was afraid of that too. Thank you :)

Gotcha.....hmmm......:glare:

Well I am not sure then, but the good news is that you came to the right place! :) someone here will no doubt be able to troubleshoot this better than I (I don't have exp. building the Heron with Ekowool), and will have you back to vaping the Heron in no time!!

Best of luck my friend!!

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread