I need some help with my ODYSSEUS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
I just got it.. this thing looks insane.. but i havent even gotten to the part where i get to vape it.. lol

i took it apart and noticed there was a coil already built in it..

i put it back together and sat it up on my provari... looks great... but then i noticed i have no airflow whatsoever..

i tried unscrewing the mounth piece and little and still nothing...

should i drill the airholes on the connection? i want to use this on my provari...

someone please help me out.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
The center pin is adjustable. You need to take it apart and rebuild it. Can you take a pic of the 510 connection? Does the center pin stick out a bit? The further out it sticks the more airflow you'll get. That distance is determined by how far you screw the ceramic housing into the base before locking it down with the locking ring. You can either eyeball it or screw the base on your Provari with the amount of gap you want, then screw the ceramic housing in until it make contact and lock it down. Have you watched Scott's video on the Ody? He adjusts it by eyeballing it.
Review of the Odysseus repairable atomiser for electronic cigarettes by E-Cig-Reviews.com

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
The center pin is adjustable. You need to take it apart and rebuild it. Can you take a pic of the 510 connection? Does the center pin stick out a bit? The further out it sticks the more airflow you'll get. That distance is determined by how far you screw the ceramic housing into the base before locking it down with the locking ring. You can either eyeball it or screw the base on your Provari with the amount of gap you want, then screw the ceramic housing in until it make contact and lock it down. Have you watched Scott's video on the Ody? He adjusts it by eyeballing it.
Review of the Odysseus repairable atomiser for electronic cigarettes by E-Cig-Reviews.com

thank you.. i noticed that pin the moment i posted this new thread and thought that someone would mention it..

thank you unloaded..

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.

alright so i cant get it to screw all the way up like scott does in his video.. the threads wont let me they are too rough... i dont think i want to force it because he does it effortlessly.

should i try to clean the threads a little? they arent even dirty

im trying to get that center pin to stick out more from the bottom to make a connection but i just cant get the base to screw all the way up.

Last edited:

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
Is it smooth until you are almost where you want it then it gets tight? If so that is when the oring reaches the base, you can keep going and compress the oring until the pin is how you want it. If its rough the whole way you probably have it cross threaded. The threads are fine enough that you can screw them together even if they are off one thread. The easiest way to tell is to look at the threads from the side with the gap for ceramic facing you. The white ceramic should be completely perpendicular to the base, if its cocked it means you are off a thread. Double check the locking ring and mouth piece too when you put them on. Because of the gap and fine pitch of the threads all three of these connections can be threaded with them crossed. They will will cause leaks if you do this.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
Is it smooth until you are almost where you want it then it gets tight? If so that is when the oring reaches the base, you can keep going and compress the oring until the pin is how you want it.

this is exactly whats happening... but the problem is that its just too tough to really screw it on to where i need the pin to be..

can i remove the oring? can i replace it with a smaller one?

shroom

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Brooklyn
I just got it.. this thing looks insane.. but i havent even gotten to the part where i get to vape it.. lol

i took it apart and noticed there was a coil already built in it..

i put it back together and sat it up on my provari... looks great... but then i noticed i have no airflow whatsoever..

i tried unscrewing the mounth piece and little and still nothing...

should i drill the airholes on the connection? i want to use this on my provari...

someone please help me out.

Do you also have an Oddy's clone? If yes what's the difference in the quality of the two?

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
Is your Ody V1 or V2? I think the V2 has an oring between the ceramic housing and the ceramic. If its missing it'll shorten the length of the center pin too. The v1 has two ceramic channels, the v2 only has one. I'm assuming its v1 because if I remember right the v2 also has slots cut along bottom of the base for airflow.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
Do you also have an Oddy's clone? If yes what's the difference in the quality of the two?

i have an clone... i got it from silicawick.com... its great.. for 55 bucks u get a crap load of wick and wire along with it.. alone its on 26 bucks.. def. worth the money..

but i will be getting the terminator c also.. to see whats up with it..

shroom

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Brooklyn
i have an clone... i got it from silicawick.com... its great.. for 55 bucks u get a crap load of wick and wire along with it.. alone its on 26 bucks.. def. worth the money..

Thank you very much Graffinfected. I really appreciate the great deal you shared.

Apdate: I just bought two Oddy clones. Man you are the best.

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA

Part of your issue may be it's the clone of the Terminator (clone of a clone). The Terminator is very high quality. From what I gather, the Tobeco clone's quality is not that great... Hence, the price.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
I just want to say first that theres nothing wrong with this clone or any clone unless it doesnt work or its harmful for you in some way(see info under first picture i posted below). This RBA works great and it looks good also. I know some of you will say that if you have to tinker with it then its no good but i see it way different. If i can buy a product (clone) that looks and performs just like another product (the original) and I can buy it for alot cheaper.. (26 bucks vs. over 100 dollars from when it first came out) and all i have to do is modify a couple of things here and there, then pffffffffttt!!! its well worth the minimal struggle. And i dont have a problem asking around for help either so im good.

HERE IS THE FIX THAT WORKED FOR ME ON MY ODY CLONE..

First (and i dont think this has anything to do with the problem but...) i took off two small oring that were around the base of the mouth piece.. why? i dont know i just dont like it there, i believe its there for the top cap of the tank so that it fits nice and snug.

pic one.jpg

yes, this clear window tank is poly. and most of the ones you will find online (vaporfreak.de, gr-modders.com, rampagevapor.net) also look great but they are poly also. So if your worried about cracking your tank cause of your juice or if your worried about possibly vaping plastic then just use the RBA with the metal tank that it comes with in the value pack for 56 bucks. (you will be getting a 100 ft. of wick and wire ..plus 5 ft. of NR wire also.. cant beat it).

So this is where the actual problem was at. I couldnt get this center pin to stick out enough to allow the airflow when sitting it on my provari. This picture below shows you how it looks after i fixed the problem, before this pic it was way too far inside the tube where the center pin sticks out of and it was making a connection fine, but i had no airflow.

pic two.jpg

So then i went ahead and grabbed two rubber pieces that came with one of my genesis (AGA -T+) atty's and cut one of them in half. These rubber pieces are meant to go on the center pin of the genesis RBA.

pic three.jpg

obviously the one to the left is the one i cut in half and the one to the right is the way it looks normally.

Now, i then took off the original (tiny black) o-ring from the center pin on the ody clone that sits right on top of the nut that connects the positive wire and replaced it with the rubber piece of the genesis that i cut in half.

pic four.jpg

I went ahead and built my coil (which i finally got right the third time i took a wak at it) and booooya! it was working great... with nice airflow and everythanngngggg.. lol

i got it running on the provari with a nice airflow, i got it running a 1.6ohm coil and its vaping like a choochoo train.. i love this thing. im using 3mm silica and 30g kanthal wire. with silver NR wire. just in case some of you wanted to know.

NOW, i say i got it right the third time around because the first time i got it up and running after the fix, it tasted like complete crap!, why? because i forgot to burn the ceramic a little bit. Please, make sure you remove the ceramic from its metal housing and put a wire through it so you can dangle it while you torch it a little. do it evenly so the heat gets distributed around the whole ceramic piece. you will see a little smelly smoke come off of it and that will indicate that all the crap from the factory is burnt off and its good to go.. no more bad flavor lol.

Attachments

• pic three.jpg
    pic three.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread