I need to do a new review. You help decide what device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
It has been quite a while since I have done a review. I am finally ready to find a new device for myself and to review whatever I happen to get. If I make a review I want it to be on a device that people really want to know more about. Any suggestions?

That is the spot I am stuck in right now. So far I have the joye-302KB, joye-510 auto and manual, DSE-901, RN4702 all reviewed and most have been beaten like dead horses. Not only am I looking to review something, I’m also looking for something to replace my 510. (or at least accompany it) I have seen lots of cool things I am just looking for a reason to make up my mind.

Last edited:

Kattdaddy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
It has been quite a while since I have done a review. I am finally ready to find a new device for myself and to review whatever I happen to get. If I make a review I want it to be on a device that people really want to know more about. Any suggestions?

That is the spot I am stuck in right now. So far I have the joye-302KB, joye-510 auto and manual, DSE-901, RN4702 all reviewed and most have been beaten like dead horses. Not only am I looking to review something, I’m also looking for something to replace my 510. (or at least accompany it) I have seen lots of cool things I am just looking for a reason to make up my mind.

I will tell you .. one of my main interest at this point is 5v ... and the biggest unbelievable for me is the GG transformer. Now, I do not in any form concieve or intend to knock any functionability of the GG transformer or even all of the GG series devices. What I do contend is that the GG series devices as well as the transformer do not necessarily perform in such a manner that they are worthy of their price over any device out there that can achieve the same level of performance without the hit that the wallet takes.
So, I would love a genuine review of the GG Transformer because I am on the fence and need a little experienced response to the hype. Thanks again, Tom

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
The KR8's been getting a lot of attention lately. Maybe give that a shot?
As I have said before (in other posts) I have yet to be sold on the cartomizer deal. The idea refilling what was not supposed to be refilled I do not like. I know some people love them and rave all the time about them but I hate waiting for fluid to ship let alone needing a steady life line of cartomizers. Sorry but I don’t think I will get that one unless it is dropped in my lap. Even then I would be more inclined to pull it apart than use it daily.:D

I will tell you .. one of my main interest at this point is 5v ... and the biggest unbelievable for me is the GG transformer. Now, I do not in any form concieve or intend to knock any functionability of the GG transformer or even all of the GG series devices. What I do contend is that the GG series devices as well as the transformer do not necessarily perform in such a manner that they are worthy of their price over any device out there that can achieve the same level of performance without the hit that the wallet takes.
So, I would love a genuine review of the GG Transformer because I am on the fence and need a little experienced response to the hype. Thanks again, Tom

I would love to get my hands on one. But at as you pointed out that is a lot of cash. I mean at about $188 USD maybe later this year when I start making more. (I am looking at the GG slim and drooling too) I do think that it is on the top of the cool list though. Right now I am still looking at the mod class of devices. I am looking at the slightly overlooked smaller versions. I don’t want to shock everyone at the club too much by whipping out some giant device that honestly kind of looks like a small IED. If I was looking for something to camp on at home I would be looking at something like Carlos’s Juice Box mod.
After looking around a bit this is what I am looking at. The VP1, VP2, the Joye ego and a Joye stick v2 v3, and the DSE-905.

Last edited:

Kattdaddy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I think I would shoot for the V2 or the DSE 905. I have seen alot of personal interest in both of these net wide... And to be honest, I see alot more for the DSE 905 with so meny questions about how similar its performance is in connection with the actual TW SD. I myslef have the SD and love it. I think that most would say that both of these models would perform better with 510 atties and my personal opinion reflects that because I find that most 901 attuies tend to react negatively with flavors.
Anyway, I wish you luck on your choice and hope this helps. Have a good one.:thumbs:

Chris From Cali

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: supplier promotion

ref50

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 8, 2010
uk
e-vap.co.uk
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: under admin review

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Or maybe you just need a new free device ??? LMAO

The GG Transformer is a standard 3.7/6/7.4v device it just adapts to different sizes ! , not much of a breakthru IMO

In fact there has been nothing I have seen available on the market thats goes beyond a battery holder in different forms.

There as some with built in resistors for the 5volt , there are some that claim multi-voltage operation that really are not , hopefully in the future ?!?!??!?!

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
Or maybe you just need a new free device ??? LMAO

The GG Transformer is a standard 3.7/6/7.4v device it just adapts to different sizes ! , not much of a breakthru IMO

In fact there has been nothing I have seen available on the market thats goes beyond a battery holder in different forms.

There as some with built in resistors for the 5volt , there are some that claim multi-voltage operation that really are not , hopefully in the future ?!?!??!?!

Actually I am planning on purchasing my new device. However, I don’t think anyone in their right mind would turn down a free device either. But no, I am not fishing for a free device. And I have to admit that the GG has beautiful craftsmanship and a good design. If I had the money I would buy the slim.

Baby Huey

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2010
Houston, TX
www.ttteliquids.com
You said it yourself, why not do the Juice Box by Carlos? I personally have one ordered and know that this innovative device is getting more and more popular. Would be great to see a little more out there on it. Yes it is a tad bit large, but if you consider not having the need of carrying an extra bottle of juice with you or a PCC, then the size gets smaller and smaller the more you think about it. The one shot grab and go that will last you in some cases 1 to 2 days............. I personally have the 510 and love it, but have a Juice Box ordered and am eagerly awaiting.:thumbs:

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Just POKIN at ya Devon ! :p

YA the XHALER or JuiceBox

it would have to be technical in nature in any case no matter what you review. I think the days of WOW this is great may no longer cut it ??

In fact subjective reviews are more fanboy than reviews , you may not like the guy , you may be going out with his girlfriend , this other guy paid you to bad mouth that guy !

Like what Voltage does it run at ( show us ! ) what parts work on it ( 901-801-510-m400 ) what batts etc. , I've seen some that are just " HEY I GOT MY NEW TOY " Heres ME using it .

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
Just POKIN at ya Devon ! :p

YA the XHALER or JuiceBox

it would have to be technical in nature in any case no matter what you review. I think the days of WOW this is great may no longer cut it ??

In fact subjective reviews are more fanboy than reviews , you may not like the guy , you may be going out with his girlfriend , this other guy paid you to bad mouth that guy !

Like what Voltage does it run at ( show us ! ) what parts work on it ( 901-801-510-m400 ) what batts etc. , I've seen some that are just " HEY I GOT MY NEW TOY " Heres ME using it .

I totally agree. This is why I try to stick to text reviews. I throw in photos where necessary. The videos are entertaining and informative but even in the videos the text is where the real info is. If you look back at my reviews they are kind of dry but truly to the point. By the way, it looks like I am going with the VP1 instead of the Spade. I like the versatility. (And the package deal is better.):w00t:

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I rarely watch the video reviews. I want to read what the reviewer has to say. For whatever device you choose, one small segment of you dragging on it and blowing vapor is all I want to see. I hate those reviews that show the package, taking the thing out of the package, etc. It drags on and on and totally turns me off.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
There's one or two reviews where I think Grimm Green posted an initial review of an e-cig, and later posted a follow up.

IMO, too many reviews, in addition to the fanboy ones listed above, are simply those of people who just got the product ("OMG! I got my 'x' today, and it's awesome!") and haven't really used it for any period of time. Some of them provide no more information than what's provided by the manufacturer on their web site. I also suspect that some people, after getting a mod, find out that it has a fatal flaw or annoying quirk that they don't want to share about later on for fear of looking like a dumba$$.

What I would really like to see is a 'one month later' extended review with a honest appraisal of a unit's strengths and flaws. Knowing something about the reviewer and their use of the product would help, too. The reviewer could also compare it, favorably or disfavorably to other mods they've had. Again, Grimm Green stating at the end of a review stating that a unit's not bad, but he's returning it to the manufacturer and using what he's already got, or that he's considering paying to keep the review unit says something.

Thanks for listening.

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
There's one or two reviews where I think Grimm Green posted an initial review of an e-cig, and later posted a follow up.

IMO, too many reviews, in addition to the fanboy ones listed above, are simply those of people who just got the product ("OMG! I got my 'x' today, and it's awesome!") and haven't really used it for any period of time. Some of them provide no more information than what's provided by the manufacturer on their web site. I also suspect that some people, after getting a mod, find out that it has a fatal flaw or annoying quirk that they don't want to share about later on for fear of looking like a dumba$$.

What I would really like to see is a 'one month later' extended review with a honest appraisal of a unit's strengths and flaws. Knowing something about the reviewer and their use of the product would help, too. The reviewer could also compare it, favorably or disfavorably to other mods they've had. Again, Grimm Green stating at the end of a review stating that a unit's not bad, but he's returning it to the manufacturer and using what he's already got, or that he's considering paying to keep the review unit says something.

Thanks for listening.

That is why I wait for a few weeks then make a review. Also if something dies I make sure that it is known. Then I post an autopsy report and sometimes autopsy pictures too.:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread