• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I need to Xpress my feelings about Canada UnXpress Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wade

Verified Member
Oct 31, 2012
Armstrong BC
So I currently have an old Ego-T 1000mah battery, with a couple crummy old clearomizers and atomizers. They haven't seen use for a while. I picked up some VG and flavor locally, and have been vaping nicless homebrew and chewing nicorette, as I just kicked analogs.

I decided to step up and order some real gear. I put an order in Monday night from VaporSolutions.

-Satin Black ProVari Variable Voltage
-UltraFire Rapid Charger (LCD Model WF-200)
-4 EFEST IMR 18500 1100mAh 3.7V Li-ion Batteries
-Smoktech Chrome DCT Tank
-Smoktech UDCT Tank
-5 Smoktech UDCT Cartomizers
-King Kong Black Aluminum Drip Tip
-Vision Vivi Nova V2
-Vision Vivia Nova Tank (Black)
-Tropical Punch (10ml) 18mg
-JC Red Bull (30 ml) 24mg
-PV Big Red Soda (30ml) 18mg

Then ordered this last night from VaporGeek.

-Genesis Clone Rebuildable Atomizer Kit $28
-Phoenix Rebuildable Atomizer $14.95
-Pre carboned 400 Mesh $4.95
-2X 1M Kanthal Wire $1.25 = $2.50
-510 Flat Chrome Drip Tip $5.95
-PG Flavourless juice 60MG $15.98
-VG Flavourless juice 60MG $15.98
-2X PG Base $3.50 = $7
-5ml syringe 18 gauge $1.75
-Capella lemon/lime $5
-Capella watermelon $5
-Capella pina colada $5

Been patiently waiting all week for my Provari. It is coming from Victoria BC, to Armstrong BC, with Canadapost Xpresspost (2-3 day delivery). It was shipped on the 30th and was expected to arrive today. However

2012/10/30 17:03 VICTORIA Item accepted at the Post Office
2012/10/31 15:57 VICTORIA Item processed at postal facility
2012/10/31 19:22 VICTORIA Item in transit
2012/11/02 05:09 KAMLOOPS Extreme weather conditions at this location; item delayed

Now because it is delayed I am going to have to wait all weekend to get it.

Here's the kicker. I phoned Kamloops to see if I could go pick it up at the local branch. The lady told me that it is a beautiful clear day in kamloops.

wade

Verified Member
Oct 31, 2012
Armstrong BC
Update:

Canada Post informed me of the problem. They decided to ship it with this guy.

images.jpg

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

atom45

Verified Member
Sep 11, 2012
Windsor
This is not an xpresspost gripe lol. try ordering something and it says "attempted delivery, pickup at Rexall" at 6am, a full 4 hours before the postman even comes to my building. And that happens every time. The post man is too damn lazy to even try and deliver it to me, he doesnt even bring it in to my building, just brings it right to Rexall at 5pm. Then I go to Rexall and they say it isnt there. This happened on 3 of 4 of my orders that shipped with xpresspost.

Just plain lazyness.

EDIT

I forgot to mention the BLANK cards he leaves in my box, hes actually not even left cards for me before.

Canada post states on their site that a package requiring COD or a signature MUST be delivered to the door. They dont even bother to try.

Last edited:

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
This is not an xpresspost gripe lol. try ordering something and it says "attempted delivery, pickup at Rexall" at 6am, a full 4 hours before the postman even comes to my building. And that happens every time. The post man is too damn lazy to even try and deliver it to me, he doesnt even bring it in to my building, just brings it right to Rexall at 5pm. Then I go to Rexall and they say it isnt there. This happened on 3 of 4 of my orders that shipped with xpresspost.

Just plain lazyness.

I've had similar problems, and my Mom has experienced it too. She happened to be at her superbox to pick up the mail and caught the carrier stuffing a parcel card in her box.... but she could SEE her parcel sitting on the back seat of their car. She objected, and was able to retrieve her parcel on the spot-- if she hadn't been there, she'd have had to drive from her rural home into town to get it the following day! All because the carrier didn't want to make the delivery they are paid to do.

Some carriers don't like to be bothered with deliveries, so they fill out the parcel cards right when they pick up their day's deliveries, drop off the parcels at the pick up depot before they do their rounds, and then leave the cards for you! It's not what Canada Post pays them (very handsomely btw) to do. I strongly encourage you to call your post office and register a complaint. They don't want to see this happening any more than you do! From mine and Mom's experience, they take it very seriously, action is taken and service improves. Everything comes to my door now, and I haven't had to visit my pickup depot in some time. Good luck to you!

Edit: I should add that there are some great and very conscientious carriers out there. My current carrier is friendly and does a great job. This is just a case of a few bad apples I'm afraid.

Last edited:

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON
I have personally never had any problems with CP. As a matter of fact, I am always amazed when I order something from Canvape and get it the NEXT day!! Considering that it must come from Toronto to a rural post office in Eastern Ontario, and get into the postal clerk's hands in time to deliver it ...

As tyger says, bad apples exist in every occupation :(

lewn5

Oct 14, 2012
Canada
I've had similar problems, and my Mom has experienced it too. She happened to be at her superbox to pick up the mail and caught the carrier stuffing a parcel card in her box.... but she could SEE her parcel sitting on the back seat of their car. She objected, and was able to retrieve her parcel on the spot-- if she hadn't been there, she'd have had to drive from her rural home into town to get it the following day! All because the carrier didn't want to make the delivery they are paid to do.

Some carriers don't like to be bothered with deliveries, so they fill out the parcel cards right when they pick up their day's deliveries, drop off the parcels at the pick up depot before they do their rounds, and then leave the cards for you! It's not what Canada Post pays them (very handsomely btw) to do. I strongly encourage you to call your post office and register a complaint. They don't want to see this happening any more than you do! From mine and Mom's experience, they take it very seriously, action is taken and service improves. Everything comes to my door now, and I haven't had to visit my pickup depot in some time. Good luck to you!

Edit: I should add that there are some great and very conscientious carriers out there. My current carrier is friendly and does a great job. This is just a case of a few bad apples I'm afraid.

I have phoned in and complained and got results as the Supervisor is advised. It's a lottery though! I phoned in and complained and when I saw the same SOB from crappy post sticking a slip in my box saying I wasn;t home, I confronted him as I was home. His first question "Were you the one who called in?????"

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
I have phoned in and complained and got results as the Supervisor is advised. It's a lottery though! I phoned in and complained and when I saw the same SOB from crappy post sticking a slip in my box saying I wasn;t home, I confronted him as I was home. His first question "Were you the one who called in?????"

That's when you think fast and say, "Call who? Where? What's the number to call?" lol ;)
Hope things improve.... clearly, they're trying to do something about it.
I'll admit that after I called, my carrier at that time was pretty surly when he came to my door. But the guy delivering now is great.

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario

Just plain lazyness.

EDIT

I forgot to mention the BLANK cards he leaves in my box, hes actually not even left cards for me before.

Canada post states on their site that a package requiring COD or a signature MUST be delivered to the door. They dont even bother to try.

I feel your pain. Mine won't bring it up to my unit any more (mail slots in doors). I just get the "delivery failed" card... the next day!

PITA if my shipment doesn't have tracking.

Qcaj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2012
Calgary
The last time I complained using the 800 number my next package mysteriously disappeared. (It was last year. I remember clearly because it was some quite expensive hand-made items for a Halloween costume). I got a card dated for two weeks previous on the same day I got a red card saying the thing was getting sent back if I didn't pick it up by.... the day before.
The package is still lost in the aether, but I learned my lesson.

I try to only order items small enough to fit in the apartment box, now. Otherwise I just make sure to get tracking even if it costs $$$.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
You guys have such bad luck. :(

I've always liked xpresspost, it gets left in my mailbox - even if it's supposed to require a signature. The only problem I have with my mail carrier is if he needs a signature, he rings my doorbell and starts walking away before I have to time to get out there. I stopped even trying - if I'm at home. My pick-up is about 2 blocks away, so it's not a big deal. I avoid couriers for the same reason, their pick-up locations are all outside of the actual city and pain to get to.

BrianCig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2012
Canada
But the guy delivering now is great.

My current carrier is friendly and does a great job. This is just a case of a few bad apples I'm afraid.

Christmas is comming up soon. My mail gets delivered to a mailbox not through a slot in my front door. In the past I have put $5 or a gift card to Starbuck etc in an envelope. Then I put tape on it and attach it to the top of the mailbox so it is hanging down and as soon as the carrier opens the box it is clearly visible that it is for them.

I write something like "Merry Christmass this is for the mailperson. Thanks for your service" on the front.

Yes I know it is their job and I know they get paid well. I still do it if the service is good. Bet if your carrier was moved to another route they might even tell the new person to pay attention to you ;)

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise

:confused: i must have your mail man then (all the way here in Winnipeg) when i was living closer to downtown there was a period of two weeks my entire street did not get mail. When i got up to the main branch i was told it was due to ice and no one shoveled (there was at most three snow flakes on the ground). Amazing what happens when you smile nicely and say you are going to the media....the next day we had out mail ;)

When i moved to a new location i had the same mail man :facepalm: when he saw me he asked for a new route....in Yukon ;) the one we have now is awesome i have talked to him enough times and he usually tells me when he will be late, or who is taking over his route and what to expect :D Seriously need to buy the dude a Christmas present or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread