Travel and Vaping I need travel advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

rzeppy

Jul 29, 2014
appleton wi, usa
So I am going on vacation for a week and need some clarification since I rarely travel by air and want this to go smoothly as possible. I plan on taking a large carry on bag(plan on putting it in the jetway stow, I think thats what its called) and heres what I'm taking

1 MVP v2.0
1 REO Grand
4 10 ml juices (maybe 5 lol)
3 Sony vtc
1 efest luc v4 charger

I plan on packing my bag and leaving my mods right by the top zipper so I can open the zipper up and have the mods right in plain daylight for when they go through the scanner. I'll put them in my pockets after the checkpoint. My question is more for the batteries and juice. Do i have to split them up and put each one in its own baggie? Can I leave the batteries in the charger with the cord wrapped around or do they have to go in something special too? I just cant stand being held up and I dislike being the hold up even worse.

Thanks in advance

*Edit* Juices will be in toiletries bag

samcm010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ashburn Virginia USA
So I am going on vacation for a week and need some clarification since I rarely travel by air and want this to go smoothly as possible. I plan on taking a large carry on bag(plan on putting it in the jetway stow, I think thats what its called) and heres what I'm taking

1 MVP v2.0
1 REO Grand
4 10 ml juices (maybe 5 lol)
3 Sony vtc
1 efest luc v4 charger

I plan on packing my bag and leaving my mods right by the top zipper so I can open the zipper up and have the mods right in plain daylight for when they go through the scanner. I'll put them in my pockets after the checkpoint. My question is more for the batteries and juice. Do i have to split them up and put each one in its own baggie? Can I leave the batteries in the charger with the cord wrapped around or do they have to go in something special too? I just cant stand being held up and I dislike being the hold up even worse.

Thanks in advance

*Edit* Juices will be in toiletries bag
Just got back from flying batteries need to be in carry on in the little plastic battery cases. The charger should be separate. I know you said REO and MVP are you bring a Tank Atty of any kind as it should be empty and then the juices need to be in your liquids bag that can only be a one quart bag with all your liquids none of which can be over 3 ounces.
I think that covers it... it is what I did and I got not so much as a second look.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
What samcm said :)

Liquid bottles in your liquids bag and you'll have no trouble with those

Battery boxes are an excellent option for your batts, they're my method of choice for carrying spare batteries anywhere, but if you don't have one handy there are other options. Basically, you just have to isolate them in such a way that they cannot short against anything and you shouldn't have any trouble at the screening

From the TSA website:
Place each battery in its own protective case, plastic bag, or package, or place tape across the battery's contacts to isolate terminals. Isolating terminals prevents short-circuiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread