I need your advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooz107

Mar 17, 2010
Oak Forest, IL
Hi everybody. I'm new to vaping. After my tax refund comes in, I'm going to buy my first device. I've been reading posts and watching reviews and I think I've decided that my first device will be the Joye 510 or the Titan 510. I've been smoking for almost 15 years now and I'm looking to stop. Mostly to save money but also to save my health. I've been smoking about a pack a day. vaping sounds like a really good option. Actually I've been watching the vaping world for almost two years and just never knew when to jump in.
Like I said, the Joye or the Titan is what I'm looking at. If anyone out there has used this device as their first or used it at all and can help guide me to decide if its right for me that would be awesome.
Also if anyone knows the beat place to buy one, could you let me know? I've done a search for either one and it brings up tons of places. Some I have heard of and some I have not. I just want a reliable device at a decent price. I don't want to be ripped off by someone who has something else they are calling the Titan. I am also looking into getting a PCC to go along with it.
If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.
Thanks

MsSki

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Fort Rucker Alabama
Hello Im a Joye510 user and I love it. I got my first kit from cignot.com they are great. they have a kit that comes with the wall charger, pcc( which i think is a must) 2 batts, 2 atties and some other stuff. I have not used a pt yet. But i did order a mega batt it last longer than the short ones but it cant be used in the pcc. the 510 got me to put the anologa down after smoking 2 packs aday for 20 years i never thought i could go 1 hours with out one but im cig free. My hubby also quit. I think the 510 is perfect for people just starting out. I plan on using my 510 for a long time to come.

Tara

MaryMarcelle

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Arizona
I use the KR808-D1 from V4L as well as the Joye 510. Like MsSki I also purchased my Joye 510 from Cignot and I personally believe you can not go wrong with them if your looking for a 510. The customer service was great and the whole ordering process went perfectly.

I bought the NOBOX kit which was $35 for two batts, two atty's, five carts and a charger. It is everything you should need as a starter kit.

*I already had a large supply of juice when I ordered the 510 ~ as your first purchase you should probably consider adding some extra juice to your order, if your anything like the rest of us you will love vaping and you don't want to run out!*

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Welcome to ECF!

I quit the day I got my Joye 510 from Janty. Cignot is now the best by on 510's. If I knew now what I know and if it were available then, I would go directly to the Tornado/eGo ecig kit. It's twice as much as a starter kit but with the 510 you soon learn that the batteries need recharged faster than you'd think and while the vapor on the 510 is better than any other mini short of a Tornado or mod, The Tornado has great vapor without effort. It still has the best part of the 510 - the atomizer and you don't need to get a passthrough or a PCC when the batteries last 6-10 hours depending on your use. 2 batts would last you at work or on a night out. Not so with the 510 without recharging.

Still, if you're strapped for cash, the the 510 kit from cignot is a good deal and you can take your charger with you. ;-)

Joye 510 NO BOX

Wicked-TORNADO E-NI or Electronic Nicotine Inhalator Black.

Janty USA - USA SHOP || Shipping in USA-

Dooz107

Mar 17, 2010
Oak Forest, IL
Thanks everyone.
I did not know about Cignot.com Thanks for the tip.
I do not think that I will be getting a Pass Through. My girlfriend thinks I'm dumb for wanting an electronic cigarette. She thinks its a waste of money. I really think that after I get my kit she will try it and when she finds out all the flavors, she will be trying to steal mine. Anyway, I'm sure I will not be allowed to use it indoors because she will not want me near the kids. It seems safe enough to use near children but I will still probably stay away from them.
Thanks for the advice on the juice Mary. I have been looking into getting some juice. There are too many to pick from, I'm afraid that I will be like a kid in a candy store and buy a lot. Any place you prefer to buy from?
I have thought about the Tornado or the Janty EGO. I think I may stick with the Joye. I'm still at the point that I still kinda want it to look like a analogue. But I have thought about it and I still have not ruled it out completely.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I would also suggest you get higher nicotine level juice, at least to start out, if you really want to quit. You can always reduce the nicotine level of juice but you CANNOT make it higher. If you smoke a pack a day, I would suggest 24mg nic strength and possibly even a small bottle of 36mg strength just to be on the safe side.

On the pass through, I would not plug it into your computer USB port. To get true 5 volt power from a PT, you will need to get an adapter that plugs into an outlet and make sure it is a 1 to 2 amp adapter (1000-2000mAh). You can get them at many places that sell electonics and they usually cost about $10 to $15.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Dooz107

Mar 17, 2010
Oak Forest, IL
Would the car adapter for the USB work well with the pass through? I was thinking that I could use the pass through in the car and not waste my batteries. I travel about an hour in my car one way to work everyday. So I'm in my car for a decent part of the day with taking the kids to school and errands and work, so I was thinking that maybe a pass through would be good for the car. (Although I'm sure that the cord would get tangled in my cords for my Blackberry and my Ipod LOL)
I'm on a light cigarette now. I'm not sure that 36mg is going to okay with me. But then again I've never done this so I will try. If it is too much for me I guess I could get some VG and cut it down to make it usable. Thanks for the tip though. I just figured that I could start small and work up. I guess I should start large and work down.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Would the car adapter for the USB work well with the pass through? I was thinking that I could use the pass through in the car and not waste my batteries. I travel about an hour in my car one way to work everyday. So I'm in my car for a decent part of the day with taking the kids to school and errands and work, so I was thinking that maybe a pass through would be good for the car. (Although I'm sure that the cord would get tangled in my cords for my Blackberry and my Ipod LOL)
I'm on a light cigarette now. I'm not sure that 36mg is going to okay with me. But then again I've never done this so I will try. If it is too much for me I guess I could get some VG and cut it down to make it usable. Thanks for the tip though. I just figured that I could start small and work up. I guess I should start large and work down.

I suggest you start with 24mg nic strength. I smoked Marlboro Lights, started with 16mg and found out quickly it wasn't enough. I've read about so many others making the same mistake. And as you said, you can always make it less strong, but you can make it stronger.

On the adapter in your car, look on the adapter or the packaging and see what the specs are. Radio Shack, Wal-Mart, Frys, etc all sell USB adapters for the car as well as the house. I guess you can also just try the one you have in the car and see if it gives you enough "throat hit" when you use it, then it really doesn't matter how much power it is generating. If it doesn't then get one with the specs I provided in the above reply.

Need to warn you, the cheap $15-$20 pass-throughs that you mostly see do not hold up long. The wires are so thin, they easily break any where from a day of use up to a whole 2 weeks, lol. The best one that I have run across that has I believe a 3 month warranty is the USA made one from Puresmoker.com. There may be others just as good, but I just haven't kept up with all the new suppliers. Here's a link:

PureSmoker.com - Home of the USA Built PV !!!

Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Second the cignot suggestions. They have a 510 PCC starter kit that also includes a couple of sample juice bottles. (At least they did when my sister ordered one.)

They also have a number of juices at good prices and the PCC kit alone should make shipping free, so adding some more juice is very cost effective.

Yes, a car to USB adaptor would allow a PT to be used in the car. And, yes, after a sudden stop there will be cord tangles. I have that now without the PT.

scheherezade

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
VA Beach
Hey, the Joye is not my primary device, although I do use one regularly. Just make sure you keep the atty very wet or your liquids will get that lovely burnt taste. That being said, I'm not sure how much your other model goes for, but it would be hard to go wrong on a $35 no box set from Cignot. If you're like me and a lot of others here, you may want to try more than one. Even ordering extra batts, attys and juice, your order would be very inexpensive and you may have enough left over to try the Titan too. BTW, you're not dumb at all. I smoked for 30 years and gave up analogs in 6 days with almost no effort, and I feel so much better. Congrats on your decision. By the way, Cignot and most of the others here ship very quickly. Its nice not having to wait too long.

stroh22

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
N.W. Suburbs - Illinois
Dooz - I agree with everyone else. You should order from the girls at cignot. Plus, they're local - so you should get your order fast. Maybe they would even let you pick it up, as well as some juice. You really can't go wrong with them. The english toffee juice I got from them was great, now I make my own. Although I'm on a cappucino kick from Dekang right now. Good luck with your ecig and Welcome to the community.

chud

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
Dude your girlfriend thinks it's a waste of money? lol!! I can tell you I've kept track of every penny! I quit analogs on 10/18/09 when I received my Joye-510. Tomorrow it's 5 months. I've spent exactly $428 in total on everything I've needed since 10/18. 5 months of cigarettes for me would have been $1, 040 (10 packs every 7th day). I saved $612! The health benefits are incalculable. Go for it!!

sporkboy

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
Houston, TX
If it is too much for me I guess I could get some VG and cut it down to make it usable. Thanks for the tip though. I just figured that I could start small and work up. I guess I should start large and work down.

I was smoking about 20-25 cigs a day started with 36 for a couple of days and was able to quit analogues in two days, I not wanting to cut down my flavor ordered both 36mg and 8mg and have been mixing down and am currently vaping about 20mg now which I think is close to what I was getting with my American Spirit Lights. I went high just like when you start the patch or a nicotine replacement program they always have you start higher as you will be craving alot more than just nicotine this will help you get past that hump until you are comfortable with vaping primarily. :D

scofieldchen

Moved On
Mar 17, 2010
China
  • Deleted by j0ker
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
Congrats on your decision to move to vaping! Have you read this guide yet:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ping-illustrated-guide-e-cigs-part-1-6-a.html

It is a great place to start and can help you decide which PV is right for you. Personally I would start with either the cignot 510 with a PCC or a KR808 with manual batteries from nHaler. I'll second that you get several small sampler size (6ml or so) of juices at 18-24mg nicotine so you can see what flavors you like. Remember that as you quit analogs you will get a lot more taste sensation back so things that taste good when you first start will taste different after a few weeks without analogs. It is a good idea to have some other flavors besides tobacco when that happens like coffee, soda, or fruit flavors depending on which appeals to you most.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Two other points you may want to consider. Many of us did not quit smoking immediately after we got our first ecig. You may be one of the many who can quit immediately but don't put so much pressure on yourself to quit that you get frustrated. I immediately went from a pack and a half a day habit down to 8 a day and then gradually reduced the 8 down to 2-3 a day. I really couldn't quit completely until I got a good mod which I did after about a month and a half of vaping.

The second point is that you may want to save enough money for a good mod. A fairly large percentage of vapers step up to a good mod after vaping for several months. The batteries in a mod cost MUCH less than the cig type batteries, they hold a charge 5-6 times longer and they can be recharged 2000 times instead of 200 times. I personally prefer the 5 volt PV's instead of the 6 volt or the smaller 3.7 volt mods but everyone has their favorites. Here is a good list that you should review when you get to that point:

e-Cigarette modifications | e-Savuke.com

To be honest, if I had to do it all over again, I would have saved a lot of money by just buying a good mod from the very beginning instead of buying 5 or 6 different cig type ones before moving up to a good mod. Plus I find it a BIG advantage that it doesn't look like I am still smoking. I don't want anyone to still think I am smoking and I am not one of those insecure types who is concerned with what I look like when I vape. (Plus, I have a great looking dog!)

Last edited:

Dooz107

Mar 17, 2010
Oak Forest, IL
Thanks for all your help everyone! I ordered my starter kit with PCC for $65 and got it in two days. I have put down the analogues completely so far. I've been steady using my 510 since Wednesday afternoon when I finished charging it. I love it so far. The flavors are still a little weak for me. But maybe thats cuz my tastebuds are still a little off. I've already put in another order for some more juice from a different company to see if that's part of my problem. I ordered 26 mg juice thinking it would be too much for me and I would be walking around with a buzz all the time. But it seems to be great. If not for everyone on the ECF I would have gotten 8 or 11 and been going crazy. I'm only dripping right now (something I said I wasn't going to do) Haven't really done much with the carts. But again thanks for all your help. I look forward to vaping for a long time and being a lifetime member of the ECF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread