I never planned this exactly but it's cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethnobot

Jun 2, 2011
UK
Hi people,

I am now 3 days in to "the smoking quit I never planned" and I don't have the slightest craving for an analog. Almost exactly 3 days ago I tried out my first PV to see if it would allow me to reduce how much I craved cigarettes in awkward situations (mostly bad weather since I have a non-smoking family and voluntarily smoked outside but also waiting in smokefree areas & so on). The thing I never expected was that I don't find vaping to be an acceptable substitute for smoking. No, far from it, in fact a cigarette is a far from acceptable substitute for my PV! I would not go back now and I can't see that changing. vaping is so much nicer than smoking. It really ticks all the boxes that smoking ticked for me in the positives column without ticking a single negative and does it with smooth vapour and a pleasant taste that is easy to change completely when I so desire. My family are happy that I quit smoking and although they find my PV a bit eccentric we do not row about it either due to the reduced cost and dramatically reduced health risks. Just as well since if anybody tells me I have to quit vaping then I will argue with them :p

Peace, ethnobot

Apocalypse*Meow

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
Seattle
So, so true; very well summed up! The taste is about 1000% better, and that had me at the first taste of Vanilla Cheesecake 30% VG from TastyVapor. I liked my cloves, but the PV is sooooo much better all around. Easiest quit-smoking plan ever!

My husband, who quit analogs cold turkey about 8 months ago was *tortured* by me still smoking my cloves after he quil. I still have to remind him that the PV will seriously not hurt him- and he finally has been trying mine a bit and he loves it too. No need for him to agonize over watching me vape and wanting to inhale something too! It's like... amazing. Really.

That's awesome that you switched without planning to.

ethnobot

Jun 2, 2011
UK
Thanks to everyone for the positive comments.

You are making me feel SO much better about all the money I dropped to start vaping. Your experience is exactly what I'm hoping for. So thank you and congratulations!

I hope it works out well for you too Kris. I guess I didn't expect it to for me after reading that PV system manufacturers weren't allowed to claim them as smoking cessation tools like NRT. But that's probably partly because PVs aren't made by huge pharmaceutical conglomerates that can bribe review boards and get priceless advertising in doctor's offices and hospitals worldwide and also partly because to count as a smoking cessation aid there has to be a clear and well-defined exit strategy whereas I'm happy to use a smoking substitute for the indefinite future, so convinced was I that I could never quit smoking by any means at all. Also bear in mind that those who are successful with the help of vaping seem to take quite varied lengths of time to adjust and find what they like enough to do it properly so if you don't luck out and kick the cigs immediately like I did then don't kick yourself or even pressurize yourself too much. Vaping is going to be most successful when it's fun so don't turn it in to another source of stress ;)

madteaparty

Jun 6, 2011
Guam, USA
Same here - I started vaping a week ago and find I don't even want analogs at all! I'm even alternating between 18mg and 0mg - the latter I'd picked up on a whim, wondering what black tea flavoring tasted like, and accidentally fell in love with it.

Of course, I don't know about reduced cost just yet - it takes a week to ship where I live, and I'm so terrified of one part dropping out that I want to buy 30 spares of everything. :p

volcano vapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
Irving, TX
Thats really good to hear. I had started vaping about 1 1/2 years ago using the volcano e-cig and I stopped smoking analogs all together and it worked for the first 2 months but I wanted more since the battey life and refilling carts was a bit of a pain. Then I started modding out small AA boxes to get better battery life,I tried that for about 2-3 months. I had then shorted the protected cell batteries and lost the volcano kit and my attys were shot. My mods were broken, volcano kit lost, attys were dead and I was to cheap to fix it by ordering new parts not long after that I went back to analogs. About 4 months ago while I was at work I really wanted to smoke an analog but I couldn't go outside the weather outside was bad and the storms were going to be around for another 12 hours. I work in an environment that is vape friendly and while looking around at other people satisfying themselves I made the decision to get back into vaping.I did a bit a research on what to buy and I ended up buying an ego kit, ego-t kit, an ego pass-throu kit, all types of attys/ cartos, drip-tips and lots of different flavor of liquids "over 500ml". I love the battery life on my egos and the amount of liquid the tank holds. I was set, I have not smoked an analog in 4 months and now I can smell and taste things that I never did before. The steps up to my desk do not take the wind out of me. The guys from work come to me now if they need juice when they run out or their battery dies out on their blu kits and they forgot the charger at home. I'm back in and this time i'm going to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread