I never thought vaping would cause a doubled Tutti Finut risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2015
Meaning the ticker going pop. I love vaping and do it a lot, so this was a bad day for me. To think that I'm killing myself with vaping is a horrible thought. Someone please tell me that this new study is crap, and why it is. I was thinking that these heart attacks happened because the person currently vaping had smoked for 30 years, and the damage was already done, and at that point the nic in the e cig could be too much to handle. Thanks for your thoughts.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, I read that study. It was a lot of "Gantz said," with very few actual numbers, and god knows whatever cattywomper studies that were "included" in that article. I don't believe much of it, even the stuff "supported" by studies, as I have seen other studies reporting that dual use doesn't bring as much HARM reduction as switching to vaping completely, but I have NEVER heard that dual using cause "5 times" the harm as smoking or vaping alone. That doesn't make any actual sense, and even if it did, I think it's been refuted by other studies.

Keep vaping (unless you want to believe in this article) I saw many troubling things within it by not much actual "fact." I mean, if you extrapolate "dry hit" studies and etc., well, yes, you are going to get troubling results, but the real world doesn't function that way. I don't deliberately turn up my MTL tanks to 120 watts and vape them that way, it isn't pleasant.

Since I'd like to die of a heart attack anyway, I'm not too troubled, other than the obvious misinformation that was contained within it.

It read: Bogus study, bogus study, bogus study
Long interview with "Glantz" where he MAKES UP FACTS about dual users and etc. That was backed by NO research whatsoever.

I wouldn't sweat it but the choice is up to you, obviously.

Anna

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2016
Orlando, FL
socialonlinebydesign.com
Hate to be the devil's advocate here, but nicotine AND caffeine carry a heightened risk of heart attack because they speed up your heart. The good news? When did you last hear of someone getting a heart attack because they drink too much caffeine? Nope, usually there's other factors involved, like poor diet, poor exercise, and smoking. So while there is an increased risk with use of nicotine and caffeine, that risk comes from them antagonizing a problem that's already there.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... The study claims that every day vapers have a doubled risk of heart attack. And that people who vape and smoke have a 5 times greater risk.

Oh Yeah... That's Totally True.

Why do you think you Don't See many people on the ECF who have join dates before 2012 or so?

Reactions: Vic Vape

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
So do stimulants.

I don't subscribe to the magical mythical theory that one's heart only has so many "beats" in it, so I tend not to worry about my pulse, or what it's doing. Tar is absolutely horrible for one's cardiac system, and vaping not so much, is my understanding. It's the narrowing and hardening of the arteries and stiffening of the heart that is really of concern, not one's rate of pulse. For a pretty committed exerciser I have a fast heart beat (usually hovers around 90, it should really be 70) but I have ADHD. My doc said it was nothing to worry about IF my heart was in okay shape (which it probably isn't so great) but a lot of lung damage is reversible I see absolutely no reason why it should be the same with the cardiac system. My heart has been "scanned" or whatever it is they call it, it's totally normal, according to the cardiologist (some docs were freaking out about my cholesterol, at some point).

I'd say nicotine isn't IDEAL for one's cardiac system but it's got to be better than smoking. IMHO as always, which is what should be said immediately after Glantz speaks, about anything, over a loudspeaker that would CROSS the Nation.

"IN GLANTZ's HUMBLE OPINION as HE CITES NO FACTS, ONLY OPINION."

Yeah, it would get noisy for a while but hopefully it would deafen him over time and he wouldn't be able to answer reporters questions and if he gave speeches, he could only "see" the applause. LOL.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread