I only like the taste of clearos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
So, I have been vaping for a little over a month now. I have tried Protanks, evods, novas, a david, an iclear30.

The Protanks, evods and david are just muted. I even tried recoling them with cotton. Same muted taste imo. Plus, I dont like the airy draw on them all that much.

the iclear30 is not bad, but still not as good as the old clearo. either single coil vision replaceable head using around a 2.5 head or the iclear16 dual coil heads.

I do have a Igo-l that isnt bad after I recoiled it, but I dont want to drip all the time. I have a couple of spinners and a vamo as well, so I have tried adjusting voltage or power as well on the other devices.

Am I just weird? Are there any others out there that seem to get a better taste out of clearos? Should I just stop bothering to try to change anything and stick with the clearos? vaping out of a carto isnt that bad either imo, maybe I should try a carto tank. I like the bigger tanks because they hold more liquid, seem less likely to leak, and well honestly, the clearos seem difficult to find a good head(some just taste nasty right off the bat as QC seems horrible on them), but when I get a good head, they are really nice(I have even been experimenting with recoiling the heads on the single coil clearos when I get a bad head off the bat). Any advice?

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
You are probably just used to and more comfortable with a warmer Top coil Vape.
I kind of enjoy working in both directions and have found a few trick with the Bottom coils that improves the vape experience.
Haven't quite got the Full size Protank down yet, but Evods, T3 minis and the mini-Protank2 can seriously compete. It just takes a bit of patience and work to dial into what you prefer.(Fiddly but fun when right)

Personal preference is really all that counts. Use what you enjoy and enjoy what you use.:)

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
We all have our personal preferences. And I know that I'm not the only one around here who likes a good old T2 in addition to my iClears. When I have the time and wish to explore flavors in a more personal experience, then I use my RDA. But for most of the day, it's the T2's and iclears.

Just enjoy your vape. That is all that matters.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
So, I have been vaping for a little over a month now. I have tried Protanks, evods, novas, a david, an iclear30.

The Protanks, evods and david are just muted. I even tried recoling them with cotton. Same muted taste imo. Plus, I dont like the airy draw on them all that much.

the iclear30 is not bad, but still not as good as the old clearo. either single coil vision replaceable head using around a 2.5 head or the iclear16 dual coil heads.

I do have a Igo-l that isnt bad after I recoiled it, but I dont want to drip all the time. I have a couple of spinners and a vamo as well, so I have tried adjusting voltage or power as well on the other devices.

Am I just weird? Are there any others out there that seem to get a better taste out of clearos? Should I just stop bothering to try to change anything and stick with the clearos? Vaping out of a carto isnt that bad either imo, maybe I should try a carto tank. I like the bigger tanks because they hold more liquid, seem less likely to leak, and well honestly, the clearos seem difficult to find a good head(some just taste nasty right off the bat as QC seems horrible on them), but when I get a good head, they are really nice(I have even been experimenting with recoiling the heads on the single coil clearos when I get a bad head off the bat). Any advice?

I thought a protank was a clearomizer..?

pablo_h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
australia
I think they're saying they prefer the old CE4 design over any BCC and larger tank TCC.

The fact that the only exception they like over a CE4 is an iclear16, makes me think they just like TCC with tighter draws and agree with crxess when they said "You are probably just used to and more comfortable with a warmer Top coil Vape."

Last edited:

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I like top wicking clearos better than bottom wicking clearos and there are top wicking glass clearos, though I haven't tried one. I get the CE4 clones for less than $2.00 in quantity and just toss them when they go bad.

I still use the Protanks, didn't care for the first version but like the second version a lot better.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I hate all clearos so I just use a cisco atty on a bottom feeder REO most of the time, sometimes a shorty carto.

I think I have tried every clearo ever made now, and they mute flavor, or taste plasiticy to me, or the coils get gunked, or are too hot or too cool...I just can't enjoy them.

I do have a Igo-l that isnt bad after I recoiled it, but I dont want to drip all the time

And THAT is the primary reason why some people move to bottom feeders.

That way, your atty is bottle fed, which mean you do not have to manuallly drip anymore, even though you are still "dripping". You are just dripping from the bottom, and it's all set up on board that way.

I guess you should consider a bottom feeder since this seems to be what you enjoy, i.e. the flavor you are getting from dripping.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I prefer the flavor, warmth and vapor of top coil clearos myself. Although the original Vision clearos worked well, I found that the 2ml Bauway model with a removable drip tip works better, with long life and less leaking. The Kanger T2 at 2.2 ohms holds 2.4 ml and works very well for me as well. The T2 heads I've gotten have been consistently good, and last longer than any others I have used.

You are definitely not alone in liking top coil clearos. After going through cartos, rebuildables and bottom coils, they still work best for me. Next best thing to dripping on an atty.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
We are all wierdos!

By that I mean every one of us finds our own little setup that works for us. Mine happens to be dripping and now my REO when dripping is not an option. Driving I still use a cigalike believe it or not.

I have a bunch of clearos and carto tanks. Some are just fine and some hit my vapocalypse box fairly quickly. THe ones that are fine are filled and do get used every few days.

I think really finding that one right vape is a very personal thing to each of us.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
I like top wicking clearos better than bottom wicking clearos and there are top wicking glass clearos, though I haven't tried one. I get the CE4 clones for less than $2.00 in quantity and just toss them when they go bad.

I still use the Protanks, didn't care for the first version but like the second version a lot better.

I've been looking for a glass, top-coil clearo. Do you have a link, pretty-please?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I found that the 2ml Bauway model with a removable drip tip works better, with long life and less leaking.

You like those?

Funny, my brother liked those as well. :)

That's good, since they are cheap, too, and I provide his vaping supplies.

Heck, I"ve paid more for just a drip tip than some of the Bauway's I bought on sale.......and sinced you get a perfectly usable drip tip w/them, I"d say they are great for value vaping!

gilpdawg

Apr 15, 2012
New Paris

Joshinthecity

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2013
Sydney
www.joshinthecity.com
I really like Halo Triton top coil clearos. They are warm, airy and deliver a great throat hit- for Halo e-liquid. For Alice In Vapeland juices, which are more subtle and sweeter, I prefer ProTank2s at low ohms and low power.

I've got AIV April Moon in a Halo Triton tank as I type. I like it a lot.
That said, Ive tried them all, and I agree with the O.P.
Clearos for the win.
Vivi Nova mega in particular, 2.4 ohm @ 4.3V on a Vision 1300mah Spinner.
It doesn't get any easier (and mess, gurgle, drama) free than that for me.

That said, I just bought a Reo Grand and an RBA.
I'm chasing the Holy Grail :)

j.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread