i ordered my ego tank today

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipsynoodle

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
Kempner, Texas
just ordered my ego tank Kit today and some e-liquid......im soo excited.......now i got to learn all the ins and outs of the ego t......but im happy..........im a total newbie......i bought one of those cig like looking things called royal smoke and it frustrates me to no end lol.......so i did a lot of research here and posted questions and now i think i ordered what i need.....
any tips on the ego t u would like to share? now remember I am a newbie and not familiar with all these terms and numbers...lol......oh i did have a question....i was reading about ego t type A and B? whats the difference other than that the b tank can hold 2ml of liquid? can it be used on the type A??? i do believe i ordered the type A set in silver.....
Thanks

DJ Erik

Jun 18, 2011
Japan
I have my eGo-T for almost 2 days now, like you I was really excited about it before I received it and I'm a little frustaded now.
Don't get me wrong I'm trying to put u off, I even made a thread here about it...look for "first 24 hrs using my eGo-T"

I think I'm having problems because my throat is inflamed and my smell and taste senses are all messed up so the flavors with my eGo-T is giving me a hard time right now
I just want to warn u if you have problems with the yours don't panic and look for help because the T has a tendency to be a little problematic

Let me know how you're doing with yours maybe that would help both of us as I'm too trying to make it work better for me.
maybe some of the answers on my thread will help you too, check it out.

Only thing I can do right now is to wait until my throat gets better and find out if the problem is solved.
Good luck for ya

Mr.BeSoBeautiful

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2011
Buffalo, NY
First welcome aboard we're all happy to have you!!! Just make sure you read a lot about it while you are waiting for it. Being preventative will help alleviate some of the common frustrations. Search ego t in the search bar and on youtube watch as many videos as you can find. I got really excited when mine came and didn't know how to properly use it and in hind sight i wish i knew more. The best advice is to take it slow. Most of the problems I had are with the wick (not letting the wick soak long enough and not allowing it to soak enough while heavy vaping). Once you burn the wick theres no turning back. My only reason for not using mine anymore is due to the price of the attys but the i did like it a lot when i first got it and the tanks really made vaping convenient especially on the go.

Del Boy

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
South coast of England UK
Hey tipsynoodle - what a pretty young thing you are. Great that you got your ego coming. There is a little to know about making this work for you.

MasonD has a thread just a couple below this one. He seems to have sorted his ego-t out. He'd be a good bet to check out for using your ego-t. He has had some ups and downs with his but he now has it sorted.

You may well find it easy right off the bat. But if you don't then post up and someone will help you.

volcano vapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
Irving, TX
Hey tipsy wow way 2 go you went for the Ego-t good choice stepping up from the current e-cig you got ( I had read your other post where I posted that you should try the ego-t). You will notice that the Ego battery will be better than that royal smokes battery you have. You will also be more satisfied with the tank cause you wont have to re-fill it all the time like the royal carts that you have now. Here are some tips to get this working right.

Tip one:
Charge your battery all the way when you get it. They might have some charge when you receive them but it might be short lived so if you want the full effect charge it all the way.

Tip two:
When you get your kit clean the attys that came with it. When the attys are manufactured they have a little bit of primer juice that they use in factory to test that it works before shipping it out. Some people get put off by the first couple of puffs cause they are vaping their juice mixed with the primer juice from the factory. If you don't wash your atty you might not like the taste of the primer juice but it will pass after a couple of puffs. There are some videos on youtube on how to clean Ego-t atty. My suggestion run it under warm/hot water for bit, blow the excess water out then let it completely dry before sticking the tank into it.

Tip 3:
When you put the tank in make sure to put it in all the way in the cone so that it makes a complete connection onto the atty wick and so that the needle on the bridge makes a good puncture into the new tank.I usually give my tank a half turn once its seated just cause someone on youtube did it and said that it helps and now its a habit every time I put a new tank into my ego.

Tip 4:
Once you have the tank in give it like a minute or two so that the juice can start to wick onto your atty.

Tip 5:
Depending on what ego kit you bought some come with a 5 click safety feature others might come with plastic sleeves that go right over your button. If you get the plastic sleeves remove them from the button when your ready to vape and put the sleeve back on the button so you can safely put it in your purse or your pocket. If you get the 5 button battery on/off version you will have to hit the button 5 times quickly within like 2 seconds so it can activate the battery on usually the led will start lighting up every time you press the button telling you its on and you can start vaping. Hit the button every time you vape and enjoy. Then when your done you hit the button five times quickly and the battery shuts off so if you hit the button after that you will see that the light won't come on anymore and it won't activate the atty so now you can put it in your purse or pocket so that it doesn't go off by accident. When your ready to vape again click it 5 times rapidly and your ready to go again.

Tip 6:
Enjoy your ego. And don't forget to order more juice when you feel your running out. Nothing sucks more then running out of juice.

And one final question to you tipsy. Where did you buy your kit from and if you bought juices what juices did you get??????

Lambch3p

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Sunny Tampa Florida
I love my ego-t. I have used one daily since Febuary and have never had a problem. Here are my tips:
1. Make sure you blow out all the primer. Stuff a paper towel in the tank end and blow through the battery end til there is no primer left.
2. Use 70/30 juice or thinned Vg, try to use clear or light colored juice. The dark juices burn onto the coil. You might need extra flavor as some flavors seem to be muted in the ego-t.
3. Make sure the tank is all the way in everytime you change the tank!
4. Prefire the button for half a second to heat up the atty before you take a drag on it. It keeps you from sucking juice up through the vapor channels.
5. Clean it only as a last resort. Before you clean it try running a tank of unflavored or peppermint (don't ask me y but it works!) juice through it. It dissolves some of the crud burned onto the coils.

The atty's I bought in Febuary are still gong strong. If you have any problems with it drop me a P.M. and I'll try to help you out. Enjoy your new ego-t! No more dripping, no more carrying bottles with you, no more leaking carts! :)

Gru

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2011
Illinois
...oh i did have a question....i was reading about ego t type A and B? whats the difference other than that the b tank can hold 2ml of liquid? can it be used on the type A???

The Type A attys are cone shaped and the Type B attys are cylinder shaped, so the tanks are not interchangable between A and B. I haven't used the Type A, but some have mentioned that the Type B gives a bit more flavor, vapor, and warmer vapor.

You can use the Type B on your existing batteries, so when it's time to replace your attys, just buy the Type B atty and some Type B tanks.

tipsynoodle

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
Kempner, Texas
Thank you all for the insight, im sure i will be checking in alot to get the most out of my ego-t......
to answer some questions........
1. i bought my kit on myvaporstore.com, its the 650 mAh
2. the blend ratio i bought was 80/20 for the liquid, is that good for the ego?
3. the first liquid i bought was Tiramisu flavor....lol...i have some other ones on order from different companies to include tobacco and different strenght's to see what i like..
4...still learning....so e liquid and flavoring is the same thing ...yes???? Nooo?

Again thanks for all the good replies, keep em coming.

tipsynoodle

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
Kempner, Texas
Hey tipsynoodle - what a pretty young thing you are. Great that you got your ego coming. There is a little to know about making this work for you.

MasonD has a thread just a couple below this one. He seems to have sorted his ego-t out. He'd be a good bet to check out for using your ego-t. He has had some ups and downs with his but he now has it sorted.

You may well find it easy right off the bat. But if you don't then post up and someone will help you.

LOL like that "pretty young thing" qoute....im 46 btw, im getting up there.....lol...but that was nice

Apocalypse*Meow

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
Seattle
I'd get some cartomizers threaded for for 510 as backup. I had a hard time getting my eGo T to wick properly- wicks kept burning, leading to a strong flavor of burnt plastic with everything- and eventually gave up using the tanks and tank attys in frustration. If that happens to you- the tank systems are kind of fiddly and not always user friendly for everyone, but I hope it does work for you- then you can just put a regular cartomizer on the battery and use it that way.

Del Boy

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
South coast of England UK
Tipsynoodle - omg !

I thought....she's a young one. She can't have been smoking long ....... lol

Yeah - cartomisers as back up is a great idea.

The e liquid has flavouring in it. Its made up of pg (propylene glycol), vg (vegatable glycol), flavouring and nicotine.

So if you were a heavy smoker you may want to buy 30ml of 24mg liquid in the flavour of your choice. If you were a light smoker that smoked lights/ultra lights then 30ml of 6mg or 12 mg liquid in the flavour of your choice would be more suitable.

The mg is the strength of nicotine. The higher the mg the stronger nicotine content is.

Glad you didn't take offence at my earlier post. I thought ooooooo should i edit that ?

Lambch3p

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Sunny Tampa Florida
Thank you all for the insight, im sure i will be checking in alot to get the most out of my ego-t......
to answer some questions........
1. i bought my kit on myvaporstore.com, its the 650 mAh
2. the blend ratio i bought was 80/20 for the liquid, is that good for the ego?
3. the first liquid i bought was Tiramisu flavor....lol...i have some other ones on order from different companies to include tobacco and different strenght's to see what i like..
4...still learning....so e liquid and flavoring is the same thing ...yes???? Nooo?

Again thanks for all the good replies, keep em coming.

80/20 will work good in your new ego-t. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread