Not open for further replies.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
I want California to feel that they gain public health and lose nothing by having vapers order from out-of-state whatever we can't get locally. So I made sure that I reported my out-of-state purchases to vaping vendors on my tax return. I did NOT have to say it was vaping, and I didn't. But since my other out-of-state orders are typically Amazon and they DO collect sales taxes now, that left only the vaping vendors to account for.

It meant I paid another $14 in taxes. For one person, big wup. For a state of 33 million, 14% of whom are smokers, all of whom we'd like to see switch to ecigs if they can't "just quit", it will add up.

:2c:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I think I'd be preparing to take the state to court for causing needless illness and death. Start collecting information from people who had pulmonary function tests and xrays before they started vaping and have them follow it up later. I think a lot of vapers would do that. Then it's a matter of compiling the numbers. I've heard enough stories about improvement, specifically for COPD which is considered untreatable, yet after starting to vape the improvement's better than current (expensive) medication. That's is all rumor at this point. I don't think it'd be too tough to prove.

I'm of the opinion that passing these laws is equal to the shenannigan's the tobacco companies pulled. Use the same precident.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
But we don't have one on ecigarettes.

Just you wait, 'enry 'iggins, just you wait... ;)

I buy a lot of my vaping supplies locally and I pay sales taxes--which is only fair. But I'm so mad at them that they won't see another red cent from me if I can help it. I'm still mad at them about PACT--I can't get my Swedish snus like I used to. Screw them.

Vaping ban just went into effect in LA. :evil:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
We sure can. But now we have to pay almost 30 bucks (UPS) for shipping (signature required--you have to be home when it arrives), which means that the days of ordering a few tins of fresh snus once in a while are over. I'm not a heavy snus user, so I used to order a few tins ($3-4 per tin) every couple of months or so. I liked to sample different flavors and I liked it fresh. No more. But cigars are exempt from PACT--can somebody explain it to me? Not to mention the fact that our poor USPS (which is broke) is losing much needed income and private shippers are getting rich. Who makes these laws?????? :facepalm:

And now this message is displayed on Snus Central website:

Attention all Americans! A message from your FDA:

US Government Mandated Warning for Americans

Depending on the month, this product can cause mouth cancer, can cause gum disease and tooth loss, is not a safe alternative to cigarettes, and smokeless tobacco is addictive.

If you're not an American, the above doesn't apply to you.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
We sure can. But now we have to pay almost 30 bucks (UPS) for shipping (signature required--you have to be home when it arrives), which means that the days of ordering a few tins of fresh snus once in a while are over. I'm not a heavy snus user, so I used to order a few tins ($3-4 per tin) every couple of months or so. I liked to sample different flavors and I liked it fresh. No more. But cigars are exempt from PACT--can somebody explain it to me? Not to mention the fact that our poor USPS (which is broke) is losing much needed income and private shippers are getting rich. Who makes these laws?????? :facepalm:

Private shippers? (And BP)

And now this message is displayed on Snus Central website:

Attention all Americans! A message from your FDA:

US Government Mandated Warning for Americans

Depending on the month, this product can cause mouth cancer, can cause gum disease and tooth loss, is not a safe alternative to cigarettes, and smokeless tobacco is addictive.

If you're not an American, the above doesn't apply to you.

I looked for that but did not see it, I suspect the web site might be checking if you have an account?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Private shippers? (And BP)

biggrin_girl.gif

I looked for that but did not see it, I suspect the web site might be checking if you have an account?

I had to put something in my cart and start a checkout process to see it; I wanted to see what the current shipping fees are. So maybe you have to identify yourself as an American in order to see it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread