I Quit Vaping after Nine Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

slgshane

May 19, 2013
Idaho
Hey just wanted to stop by here and share my experiences vaping and now that I've quit for those of you wondering just how bad vaping is for the body and how I've felt since I quit. I started vaping back when it all first started to kinda hit mainstream in 2012. I started with crappy pen vapes like the eGo from Joytech that would leak all over my pants/shorts and always gave crappy hits. Like everyone else I eventually graduated to full-on mods and building my coils myself etc. From the day I started, I was a pretty heavy vaper. I worked from home (even back then) and could basically vape all day. And I did. Quitting smoking to vape had positive changes immediately. I stopped wheezing and I snored far less at night. However, I noticed that, even years later, I would tire out rather quickly when exercising. My blood/oxygen levels were always fine when I went to the doctor, but while exercising my lungs struggled to replenish oxygen to my muscles.

Fast forward almost a decade and I had become tired of the hassle of vaping. Building coils, charging batteries, hauling it around with me. I got sick of it. It had also become a pain to find/buy the fluids that I had been using for years. Saints Vapors went out of business and they created my daily driver. Other favorites went out of business or could only afford to produce one flavor. I just got sick of it and started buying zero nicotine of whatever I could find. I did that for a month or two and woke up one day with no fluid and just decided to not buy any more. That was it. I quit.

It's now been six months since I quit. I used to drink a can of Red Bull every day and people told me that when I quit I would feel much better. I did and felt no different at all. At first I thought quitting vaping was the same thing. I felt no different. I still don't feel much different, but what I've noticed as time has gone on is the stuff coming out of my lungs. The first two months it was nothing. I literally couldn't tell that I had quit. Then it started happening. Hacking up huge globs of what looks like clear jelly. I just hacked another one up five minutes ago (six months after quitting), which prompted me to write this. I'm still hacking it up all this time later. But what I've noticed is that my lungs are finally clearing and I'm able to exercise like I haven't been able to in decades without becoming exhausted or feeling like I'm going to pass out. Who knows what having that glycol in my lungs all this time will do to my lifespan, but it's pretty freaky hacking this stuff up so long after quitting.

So while I do think that vaping is probably healthier than smoking, it is not perfectly healthy to do. So I would try to quit if you can. I found the hardest thing to quit was the activity of vaping and not the nicotine. I hadn't had any nicotine for two months before I quit, but vaping had become a physical tick almost. I still get brain "pings" to vape when I do certain things, but they have definitely waned over time. I will never vape or smoke again and I'm glad I finally broke the chain. Good luck!

slgshane

May 19, 2013
Idaho
Congrats on your freedom! I love to vape, and while no plans to quit and no health issues for many years of 3mg, it's good to know of your success and the possibilities of the time comes. All good health and happiness to you.

You sound like me a couple years ago. Obviously I enjoyed it or I wouldn't have done it for a decade.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I quit vaping once for a couple of years. I've noticed no health issues related to vaping and have been at it for 13 years. None of the lung issues or coughing up globs, which you are doing even 6 months after quitting vaping. Sure, not vaping is the healthiest, but none of us need you to come in here preaching to us. Congratulations on quitting, but leave the lectures elsewhere.

slgshane

May 19, 2013
    Idaho
    I quit vaping once for a couple of years. I've noticed no health issues related to vaping and have been at it for 13 years. None of the lung issues or coughing up globs, which you are doing even 6 months after quitting vaping. Sure, not vaping is the healthiest, but none of us need you to come in here preaching to us. Congratulations on quitting, but leave the lectures elsewhere.

Ah, here's the over-defensive vaper. Was wondering when he/she would show up. Just sharing my honest experience with the group to maybe help some people. You don't like it that's not my issue. If you think all that glycol is just being absorbed into your bloodstream I don't know what to tell you. It's in your lungs just like it's in mine.

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Ah, here's the over-defensive vaper. Was wondering when he/she would show up. Just sharing my honest experience with the group to maybe help some people. You don't like it that's not my issue. If you think all that glycol is just being absorbed into your bloodstream I don't know what to tell you. It's in your lungs just like it's in mine.

1st Issue:

No one really asked for your help.

2nd Issue:

Your post with your experience when quitting vaping should be posted somewhere like here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/QuitVaping/

Here in ECF? Doesn't really make much sense,we don't even have a designated area for ''I quit vaping stories''

3rd Issue:

''Hacking up huge globs of what looks like clear jelly''

Gotta be honest,this made me laugh because i was picturing something like this:

flubber.jpg

Did the clear jelly dance around or perhaps take different forms?

On a more serious note your ''clear jelly'' could be attributed to several reasons,my advice?
    Go to the doctor right away...what you have ain't normal.

slgshane

May 19, 2013
    Idaho
    1st Issue:

No one really asked for your help.

2nd Issue:

Your post with your experience when quitting vaping should be posted somewhere like here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/QuitVaping/

Here in ECF? Doesn't really make much sense,we don't even have a designated area for ''I quit vaping stories''

3rd Issue:

''Hacking up huge globs of what looks like clear jelly''

Gotta be honest,this made me laugh because i was picturing something like this:

View attachment 977316

Did the clear jelly dance around or perhaps take different forms?

On a more serious note your ''clear jelly'' could be attributed to several reasons,my advice?
    Go to the doctor right away...what you have ain't normal.

Your post has absolutely nothing of relevance or value. Just an angry person venting.

• Agree
    Reactions: TraderX

slgshane

May 19, 2013
    Idaho
    I think it's weird that someone who haven't been here in years decided to come back and tell everyone this stuff. I mean like, congrats I guess, but who are you again?

That's kind of the point, dude! Wow this place has really spit the bit. It used to look for information like this. Now everyone is so defensive of vaping that real information is rejected. Wow. A real shame. Well, someone will read my post and appreciate it. You can search these forums and see people looking for the information I just provided.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas

What did you expect, a cake and some balloons??? Most of us have been on this forum for many years, and while we warmly welcome new members, you come here telling us what you know is going to be inflammatory. Not just your quitting vaping, but we MUST quit too, just because you did. Well, as @Javichu said, this isn't the place. Furthermore, I think you know it. You are nothing more than a troll, stirring up problems. Congratulations on quitting vaping. Here's your cake and balloons.

delicious-sweet-cake-and-balloons-helium-birthday-vector-23557748.jpg

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Ah, here's the over-defensive vaper. Was wondering when he/she would show up.
    Firstly, @Territoo is/was a medical doctor, guessing from your emotional and reactionary reply you did not know that.

Secondly, the "hacking up huge globs of what looks like clear jelly'', is more than likely phlegm (mucus) and not remnants of VG/PG. Mucus is like a gelatin in case you did not know.

Coughing up phlegm, as you have been, can surely mean that you have a medical issue, or condition, totally unrelated to vaping. You should see your doctor.

You certainly ARE NOT qualified to make any assessment whatsoever of WHAT IT IS or what it is from.

I agree with the other posters.

Now everyone is so defensive of vaping that real information is rejected. Wow. A real shame.
    :rolleyes: Another emotional reaction.

Here try this... you are NOT presenting the community with REAL information.

The so-called 'information' you have posited is suppositional at best.

Try harder.

slgshane

May 19, 2013
    Idaho
    What did you expect, a cake and some balloons??? Most of us have been on this forum for many years, and while we warmly welcome new members, you come here telling us what you know is going to be inflammatory. Not just your quitting vaping, but we MUST quit too, just because you did. Well, as @Javichu said, this isn't the place. Furthermore, I think you know it. You are nothing more than a troll, stirring up problems. Congratulations on quitting vaping. Here's your cake and balloons.

View attachment 977318

That's not what I said at all. You're way over-defensive and so that's how you interpreted it. I'm trying to help people. I wish my post was available when I thought about starting vaping back in 2012 and while I continued to vape for the next decade thinking that it was harmless. Maybe it still is. I never said that hacking up glycol was in any way dangerous. I just shared the facts. Seems like most everyone else still here wants to silence real information that might be unflattering to vaping. Not concerned about peoples' health or the real side effects/consequences of it.

asharru

Feb 7, 2015
    pgh, pa
    In these forum I typically look for information related to building, mixing, buying, and what not...if I need medical information I certainly don't come here for it. I don't really see anyone being at all defensive. I think most, if not all of us by now, are well aware there may be risks involved in our habit. For myself, compared to the long term issues I experienced from of all the stuff I use to put in me, anything vape related is laughable at best. I'm a grownup, I know my actions always have consequences, good or bad. But I also know I'm in the best shape of my life right now, so there's that. Also, my bet is this thread's going to get locked for being inflammatory. But I'm often wrong.

slgshane

May 19, 2013
    Idaho
    Firstly, @Territoo is/was a medical doctor, guessing from your emotional and reactionary reply you did not know that.

Secondly, the "hacking up huge globs of what looks like clear jelly'', is more than likely phlegm (mucus) and not remnants of VG/PG. Mucus is like a gelatin in case you did not know.

Coughing up phlegm, as you have been, can surely mean that you have a medical issue, or condition, totally unrelated to vaping. You should see your doctor.

You certainly ARE NOT qualified to make any assessment whatsoever of WHAT IT IS or what it is from.

I agree with the other posters.

:rolleyes: Another emotional reaction.

Here try this... you are NOT presenting the community with REAL information.

The so-called 'information' you have posited is suppositional at best.

Try harder.

Where's all that glycol going? I'll wait.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread