I read my bottle of e-liquid for the first time today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    unnamed.jpg

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Did you guys know that you are supposed to be shaking your bottle of e-liquid? I just read that on my bottle of Loaded Strawberry Jelly Donut.

I have never been doing things and well. I am going to start doing it to see if the flavor gets any better.
    I recall consistently shaking retail juice before use.
    Since going DIY 100%, I shake when it is made or diluted.
    Once bottled for use (100-120ml bottle) the only additional mixing occurs as the bottle is flipped about during refilling.
    IMO, adding extra air to a "mature" mix can contribute to excess oxidation and loss of flavor/VOC's. (YMMV)

Cheers
    I

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I shake my DIY mixes thoroughly when I'm mixing up new batches. After that, I don't see evidence of settling, even after months on the shelf. I do shake the bottle right before I use the syringe to draw up juice to fill an atomizer. It doesn't hurt to make sure it's mixed, even if I hasn't obviously settled.

CloudyFutures

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2017
    If I shake my ketchup and mustard before using them, then shaking juice is a no-brainer.

But... I can see the extra white corn syrup on top of the ketchup & mustard. It comes out like water. This is not a no-brainer for me. There are no visible signs telling me to shake my e-juice.

The better question is whether shaking will help with my flavor loss. We all think we have vapor's tongue... But maybe we are all just stupid.

CloudyFutures

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2017
    I recall consistently shaking retail juice before use.
    Since going DIY 100%, I shake when it is made or diluted.
    Once bottled for use (100-120ml bottle) the only additional mixing occurs as the bottle is flipped about during refilling.
    IMO, adding extra air to a "mature" mix can contribute to excess oxidation and loss of flavor/VOC's. (YMMV)

Cheers
    I

I was thinking this exact thought. My bottle is getting shaken enough that I don't need to shake it. Hell, it travels in the mail for at least 3 days, and 2 day express mail probably gives it a more vigorous shaking.

I actually bought some e-liquids with too much flavor. I know, very rare indeed. It only started happening on my new caliburn g. thing is putting out way too much flavor. I don't know what to do, I've never had too much flavor.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    Aye weel an' a', so surrounded by Demon Shakers Auld G finds himself ... but hist a wee minit, didnae the OP say something aboot his bottle o' juice - which roond here ye'd take tae be a 10 mil max wee thing ... and tae be honest I've got better things tae dae than shake the ferk oot o' a wee thing like that.

Aye, if yer mixin' up tae a litre - then aye fine shake it tae yer herts content ... but factory stuff in wee bottles - nae wey!

Auld Kayagm had it jist right -

"But leave the Wise to wrangle, and with me
    The Quarrel of the Universe let be:
    And, in some corner of the Hubbub couch'd,
    Make Game of that which makes as much of Thee."

Reactions: Izan

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    I always shake my DIY juice before filling a tank because....because it's science.
    It certainly doesn't hurt anything, if it makes you feel better. But, science?
    After initial mixing, which is common sense, it's a question of whether or not your eLiquid contains ingredients that are immiscible. That would likely be an undesirable constituent like some sort of oil, or some particulate that would settle. I wouldn't want particulates in my liquid!

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Aye weel an' a', so surrounded by Demon Shakers Auld G finds himself ... but hist a wee minit, didnae the OP say something aboot his bottle o' juice - which roond here ye'd take tae be a 10 mil max wee thing ... and tae be honest I've got better things tae dae than shake the ferk oot o' a wee thing like that.

Aye, if yer mixin' up tae a litre - then aye fine shake it tae yer herts content ... but factory stuff in wee bottles - nae wey!

Auld Kayagm had it jist right -

"But leave the Wise to wrangle, and with me
    The Quarrel of the Universe let be:
    And, in some corner of the Hubbub couch'd,
    Make Game of that which makes as much of Thee."
    Say that again?

• Agree
    Reactions: Nermal

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Science, absolutely yes.

Certain flavors from all the flavor houses do have ingredients that are known to separate
    . Do your research and you will find this to be a Simple Fact.

One should always shake their juices be they commercial or DIY.

It's a no-brainer.

@smacuser is about 103% correct. ;)

Last edited:

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    @smacuser is 103% correct.
    FWIW, you can't be more than 100% correct.
    Also, miscible fluids don't separate. Period, that's the definition of miscible. Alcohol, PG, VG, water, and most flavors are totally miscible. But, I'm certainly no authority on commercially prepared eLiquid, and the multitude of ingredients they contain. Aside from increased coil service life, it's reason enough for me to not partake.

• Agree
    Reactions: DaveP
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread