DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I would definitely have a custom mixing room with fridge/freezer & sink.:D
I’ve been toying with building, because I want to
Move and can’t find a house I like. There’s one model shown with a bar in the basement. I’m drooling over that - my own vape bar! I’d be living the dream!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I’ve been toying with building, because I want to
Move and can’t find a house I like. There’s one model shown with a bar in the basement. I’m drooling over that - my own vape bar! I’d be living the dream!
Speakeasy vape Bar & Lounge would be a treat. I'd pay admission.:)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yep! I’d decorate it like something out of The Great Gatsby lol.
bar.jpg

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
If I had the wall space and no concerns of locking anything, think I’d probably line a wall with small wooden shelves or do like Apexified. "The Man With A Thousand Flavors"... View attachment 742743
As beautiful as that is, unless it's really a giant refrigerator (cold AND dark when the doors are closed), . . . . .

I just toss my 2 little containers onto the bottom shelf in my frig.

I spent a lot of time thinking of how to keep all the labels facing front in various different possible contaiers. But, in the end I opted for just putting everything in alphabetical order.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
As beautiful as that is, unless it's really a giant refrigerator (cold AND dark when the doors are closed), . . . . .

I spent a lot of time thinking of how to keep all the labels facing front in various different possible contaiers. But, in the end I opted for just putting everything in alphabetical order.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned in DIY, there isn’t only 1 correct way. No judgements here! To each their own:D

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

Have you been in a basement in Ohio? They basically are giant refrigerators lol. I mean I’d still keep my nic in the freezer, but the juice and flavors would be cool and dark for sure. I’d just have to do something about the humidity.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Have you been in a basement in Ohio? They basically are giant refrigerators lol. I mean I’d still keep my nic in the freezer, but the juice and flavors would be cool and dark for sure. I’d just have to do something about the humidity.
No, my strategy is based on living in Texas. I remember once while I was listening to the radio driving around in February hearing the radio announcer say that it was 97 degrees . . . . in February!

My strategy is also based on having a house full of grandchildren and very little of my own space. No place to keep things out on display unfortunately.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yep, it was over 100 degrees yesterday. I told the husband about the explosion and first ecig death. He was all horrified, but he also has a bad habit of leaving his mods out in the SUN.
I wanted him to be horrified. Okay, maybe I'm a bit ape about heat, but my flavors mainly go in my fridge because we keep our inside thermostat at about 80 degrees in the summer. I figured a fridge HAS to be better. Plus, I don't have to look at my eyesore boxes all the time.

I won't leave a mod in a car in the summer for more than about 3 minutes. It's probably overkill, but I'll take overkill above KILL, etc.

Anna

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Yep, it was over 100 degrees yesterday. I told the husband about the explosion and first ecig death. He was all horrified, but he also has a bad habit of leaving his mods out in the SUN.
I wanted him to be horrified. Okay, maybe I'm a bit ape about heat, but my flavors mainly go in my fridge because we keep our inside thermostat at about 80 degrees in the summer. I figured a fridge HAS to be better. Plus, I don't have to look at my eyesore boxes all the time.

I won't leave a mod in a car in the summer for more than about 3 minutes. It's probably overkill, but I'll take overkill above KILL, etc.

Anna
:ohmy:I haven't heard of this yet! I’ll have to look this up. That’s terrible though and a very real concern!:danger:
Myself and a couple friends always leave our mods in the car going into a store or to dine, etc. Of course it doesn’t get as hot in TN usually but inside a car, as we all know, is different. It’s just now starting to get warmer really here. I’m glad I saw this so I can use my brain more!!!

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, since it was my own irrational fear (and honestly, I'm sure cellphones get left scattered about). I did a little digging and such:

http://www.batterypoweronline.com/i...tepaper_appros/MicroPowerBatteriesExtreme.pdf

Not really about vaping, but I thought it had some interesting info re: storing and whatnot, and really, high heat will degrade batteries, but it's kind of unclear when they'd go into thermal runaway. The guy in the article does say that hand held tools get overheated all the time.

So, I'd say the risk is minimal, probably, but it's still a concern for me, for example the idea of storing batteries in my car during the summer time.

I bet Mooch has a better video about it, probably, on You Tube. But, the internal temps of my car seem to get quite high, if parked in the sun and etc. I just tend to err on the side of caution.

Anna

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN

Anna
Doing a google search, this was the first to come up...
Off with e's head: E-cig explosion causes first vaping death
Of course, there are plenty more links. So sad:(
Man dies in e-cigarette explosion, police say - CNN

• Informative
Reactions: stols001

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I have no desire to collect that many flavors. I intend to stay under 200, have pif'd some so I could try some new flavors/brands.

200, that's the limit, not one more. Maybe 201:lol:
I have 27 on my counter. Probably 50 would cover me if I would get rid of the ones I don't like and will probably never find a use for.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
No, my strategy is based on living in Texas. I remember once while I was listening to the radio driving around in February hearing the radio announcer say that it was 97 degrees . . . . in February!

My strategy is also based on having a house full of grandchildren and very little of my own space. No place to keep things out on display unfortunately.

Up here, my basement stays about 65. I sometimes wonder if the ground ever really thaws all the way down lol. It’s been in the 70s, finally, very cold spring. Opened my pool Tuesday and filled it (inground) and the water is 58. Even when it’s hot out, it would never get over maybe 78 without the heater.

i have over 60 flavors ( I’m not doing an inventory to be more accurate than that lol) in boxes and tubs. I’d like to find some sort of little shelves to fit in my juice cupboard- it’s about 14” x 12”.

What are you guys using? Bonus points for pics/ links!
here is what the Vaping Biker found that is helpful and I've been considering for its ease of finding specific flavors fast...

from amazon:
Portable Universal Nail Polish Organizer – MelodySusie Clear Double Side Storage organizer, Holder for 48 Bottles Nail Polish, Space Saver with 8 Adjustable Dividers

61yyxlDZRjL._SY355_.jpg

myself: i've been using a set of simple spice racks in a dark corner of my kitchen...

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
here is what the Vaping Biker found that is helpful and I've been considering for its ease of finding specific flavors fast...

from amazon:
Portable Universal Nail Polish Organizer – MelodySusie Clear Double Side Storage organizer, Holder for 48 Bottles Nail Polish, Space Saver with 8 Adjustable Dividers

61yyxlDZRjL._SY355_.jpg

myself: i've been using a set of simple spice racks in a dark corner of my kitchen...
This is what I found when I searched Amazon for it...
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Portable+Universal+Nail+Polish+Organizer+–+MelodySusie
This is very similar to what @DancingHeretik posted but hers is transparent pink. I like the concept though. Thanks for sharing!

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
I don't mind the original splurge, it quickly and easily paid off. I just wish I would've splurged on smaller bottles even if I would've spent the same amount to get more flavors. I have 30ml of TFA Sweet Cream (I use at .5%) and Tiramisu (1%).
I only get 30ml of an unknown now if it's a clearance.

Yep- I have more flavors than I will ever use up entirely before they become too weak to continue to use. But I did, luckily, figure out very early that no matter how much people online seem to like a flavor I might not like it at all, and that the smallest bottle is the best bottle the first time you order a flavor.

I don't regret having ordered lots of little bottles, experimenting, to find out what I liked. Compared to the cost of good commercial juice, let alone the cost of cigarettes, my flavor purchases have been pretty inexpensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread