I really need to organize my flavor stash

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Y'all are inspiring me. I keep my kitchen organized so I can cook easily, surely I can do so with my flavors. Maybe a case with a latch might work and fit in my fridge, if I can stack them. Will do some digging, and my son works at Dollar Tree. I would never embarrass the poor kid by GOING when he is working, but he can tell me what type of stuff they have. LOL.

Anna

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Talk about how much trouble it is to find flavors for mixing inspired me. So, I labeled the containers to make it easier. Picture shows how easily they fit in my frig. Just slid into the bottom shelf above the drawers. Shelf too narrow to fit much of anything else anyway. So, perfect!

FlavorsByCategory800.jpg

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Y'all are inspiring me. I keep my kitchen organized so I can cook easily, surely I can do so with my flavors. Maybe a case with a latch might work and fit in my fridge, if I can stack them. Will do some digging, and my son works at Dollar Tree. I would never embarrass the poor kid by GOING when he is working, but he can tell me what type of stuff they have. LOL.

Anna
I hear their website is pretty good. Maybe you could see what you like and ask the kid if they have it in stock?

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Get some dowel rod from lowes. Cut it to fit front to back and hot glue it so you get a row of bottles. That way they wont roll around and should be easy to read. Just an idea
Wanted to let you know that today I got plenty of smaller dowel rods to trim to size and a hot glue gun set up. I’ll spray paint them before installing. Great idea you had though! Once you gave me this idea, I tried using gold thread in each basket to create rows. While this worked for the most part, the baskets just take up too much space and they can’t grow with my continuously growing flavor stash. I looked at several similar options. I considered having the hubby drill holes to use twisted stainless steel wire to make my lines. I didn’t feel hot glue would work well with that. It would’ve been significantly more work. So I decided to try it your way. I’ll start painting and all tomorrow. If it comes out nice, I’ll share a pic. If I don’t mention it again, you already know:laugh:

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Wanted to let you know that today I got plenty of smaller dowel rods to trim to size and a hot glue gun set up. I’ll spray paint them before installing. Great idea you had though! Once you gave me this idea, I tried using gold thread in each basket to create rows. While this worked for the most part, the baskets just take up too much space and they can’t grow with my continuously growing flavor stash. I looked at several similar options. I considered having the hubby drill holes to use twisted stainless steel wire to make my lines. I didn’t feel hot glue would work well with that. It would’ve been significantly more work. So I decided to try it your way. I’ll start painting and all tomorrow. If it comes out nice, I’ll share a pic. If I don’t mention it again, you already know:laugh:
I have confidence it will work.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Got my second case. Once I get it full I should have pretty of room left to organize my divider so I can find things better in there.
I got mine last week. Very nice but again, too big for where it needs to go. I swear, it’s like some people either don’t own or bother to use a tape measure lol. Which I already knew, I used to sell floor coverings. So many people came in for a carpet estimate on a 10x12 living room, only to be shocked that the final price was twice as high. Yes, but isn’t it nice to know your room is so much larger than you thought? Lol.

Still need to find a case or shelf that’s no wider than 11”. I’d need 3 of them, maybe more.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I looked at that one. Says it’s 10.5 x14. I found a little acrylic shelf, 3 tier, on eBay. Probably will only hold 30 or so, but if it is what it says it is, ought to work. I’ll report back on it when it comes. At least it should hold the ones I use all the time, and I should be able to fit 2-3 of them in there with a little reorganization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread