I really need to organize my flavor stash

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Good thing I took one when it was new so I don't have to clean.
View attachment 747593
Okay, I guess I had a crazy ditzy moment because I legit thought you had a flavors rack built out of 44 PVC pipes!:facepalm::lol: So I have to ask, are these vape or tobacco pipes? Some really nice looking pieces and the rack looks perfectly professional! I want at least one nice pipe style vape. They look neat IMO:)

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Okay, I guess I had a crazy ditzy moment because I legit thought you had a flavors rack built out of 44 PVC pipes!:facepalm::lol: So I have to ask, are these vape or tobacco pipes? Some really nice looking pieces and the rack looks perfectly professional! I want at least one nice pipe style vape. They look neat IMO:)

Tobacco. I quit cigarettes with them for a few years (and I think it was my guts that eventually revolted, but it was a wrong diagnosis and Wellbutrin/Zyban that really made me want a cigarette, 1 cigarette and I was back at 20-30 a day like I'd never quit).

I made 8 of those.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
I made 8 of those.
That would take me forever! It looks awesome:thumb: You’d probably have my simple dowel rod job done way sooner than me. It’s taking me a bit but mostly because I ran out today and will have to purchase more, apply several coats of spray paint and then cut and install. Thats okay though because it’ll all be worth it. I’m loving the look already!

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
That would take me forever! It looks awesome:thumb: You’d probably have my simple dowel rod job done way sooner than me. It’s taking me a bit but mostly because I ran out today and will have to purchase more, apply several coats of spray paint and then cut and install. Thats okay though because it’ll all be worth it. I’m loving the look already!

The pipes are expensive wood and drilling the holes wrong is the end, after I work up the nerve to drill them the rest goes fast.
It's like leather, I'll spend weeks or months planning, cutting and drawing. Once I start the carving and stitching I don't stop.

The rack was pretty easy with a drill press and router. Similar could be done with just a drill press and 2 boards, 3 dowel rods per row, if you wanted them hung on a wall. I'd have no place convenient to hang them.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
The pipes are expensive wood and drilling the holes wrong is the end, after I work up the nerve to drill them the rest goes fast.
It's like leather, I'll spend weeks or months planning, cutting and drawing. Once I start the carving and stitching I don't stop.

The rack was pretty easy with a drill press and router. Similar could be done with just a drill press and 2 boards, 3 dowel rods per row, if you wanted them hung on a wall. I'd have no place convenient to hang them.
:shock:Do you mean you make the pipes also? Impressive as those are gorgeous and skillful!

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
:shock:Do you mean you make the pipes also? Impressive as those are gorgeous and skillful!

Thanks. Only 8 of them. The center on the top row is my best one, with a 14kt gold band. I went back to cigarettes while I was waiting for the exchange rate between the dollar and euro to get better so I never made any more.
Briar would make a good box mod.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
2D42B612-6303-495D-BEF2-48F78A17718F.jpeg

I thought I’d show off my progress before I mess it all up again.

Top shelf is all flavors. The two plastic cases on the left hold four recipes I use often. They’re okay, but don’t hold enough 30mls bottles, so I won’t get more of those. Still takes too long digging for flavors in those tubs so I’ll keep looking for a solution.

Second shelf is a sack of 30 mls for my sister in law, my tests, and a tub of ready to go.

Third shelf is my 120 mls on the left, build box on the right.

Bottom is lab ware on the left, empty bottles on the right.

Man, I threw a lot of stuff out. I wanted to put the boxes my gear came in back in the cabinet, but I don’t want stuff jam packed in. So I’ll have to figure out what to do with that, so I can get it off the dining room table lol.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Thanks. Only 8 of them. The center on the top row is my best one, with a 14kt gold band. I went back to cigarettes while I was waiting for the exchange rate between the dollar and euro to get better so I never made any more.
Briar would make a good box mod.
Most impressive! I know a guy who whittles amazing art pieces. Your pipes remind me of them as they truly are art! I’ll make a note for Briar vape pipes, thanks!

Last edited:

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
@dc99 I just realised I never showed you my finished project you sparked. The top drawer looks the best as I had chalk line to get my lines right, rather than measuring and or eyeballing every single one on both ends. I’ll probably redo it to look better at some point but I’ll wait until it’s necessary to reorganise the flavors or such. I took these pictures from the side. From the front, the hot glue gobs aren’t so noticeable. The names aren’t too difficult to read either. Though when I redo it, the dowel rods will be a bit lower for more ease in reading all the names. I actually left rows between the different brands but 4th sales filled some of those in. I’m officially not purchasing anymore flavors for a bit except repurchases for run outs. I think I have plenty to keep me busy!:laugh:

Flavor Lab 1.JPG
Flavor Lab 2.JPG
Flavor Lab 3.JPG

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
This is my newest addition to my “lab". I use the top drawer for 5ml sft vials. The second drawer is 5ml vials of new mixes. The third is 10ml vials of both sft and new mixes which need to be tested along the way as they steep. Being that my drawers are now full of flavorings, I needed an alternative. I also added the “grass” to place bottles and such on while they dry. A few things are out of place in second picture as it was taken between mixes. Oh, I also added lifts to my mixing station so I don’t have to bend over a bit sometimes while mixing. Longer mixing sessions are much more comfortable!...
KD6SR4ySTRaSoinZRya1AQ.jpg
Lab.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread