I received the SX Mini Q class 2 months before release, here are my initial thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuchuga

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Orange County, CA
hey yall.

So, I have had the privilege of owning a SX Mini Q Class for about a month which puts me around 2 months before the release date of the device. I have always stood by my ML class and so the Q class was a must in my book. I dont want this article to be too long and I dont want this to turn into a review however, I would love to share my first impressions. First off, I LOVE the mod. Its specs place it at the top of the top in terms of features and functionality. The temp control easily out performs the dna 200 by a long shot and in my opinion, this is the Bentley of PV's. With the ability to run up to 200 watts and hypothetically fire down to 0.01, this device has handled every single build Ive thrown at it with A+ performance and there is no doubt in my mind that this pattern will continue for as long as I use the device. IMO, the design is not as sturdy and hefty as the original ML class which I find quite disappointing however, it does feel multiple times better than the ipv 5 or other similar mods. At this point, it has become my favorite PV and I rarely pick up my dna's anymore however, im still debating whether it is worth 200$ price tag considering there are PV's like the Realeaux for udner 50 bucks... Anyways, let me know what ya think!

David Grossman

Verified Member
Mar 12, 2016
I am surprised that you would compare a YIHI or a good DNA 200 "which I assume you are use to Vaping" to the RX 200. Yes, the RX 200, IPV5 and a few others are good Mods for $50 and under but I find the YIHI, Boxer DNA 200 and a handful of others to have much better power as well as being able to have all or most of my tanks pre-programmed w/ the watts and temp's I like... Also having the ability to have the Mod fire hard and quick like the DNAs and YIHis for me is a must. I know the SMOK R 200 which I have has a few modes to fire the mod hard or soft/medium but even in the hard mode, I do not believe they are close but as you eluded to which is 100% correct one is around $200 and the other $50 so that is the trade off....

Nuchuga

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Orange County, CA
I am surprised that you would compare a YIHI or a good DNA 200 "which I assume you are use to Vaping" to the RX 200. Yes, the RX 200, IPV5 and a few others are good Mods for $50 and under but I find the YIHI, Boxer DNA 200 and a handful of others to have much better power as well as being able to have all or most of my tanks pre-programmed w/ the watts and temp's I like... Also having the ability to have the Mod fire hard and quick like the DNAs and YIHis for me is a must. I know the SMOK R 200 which I have has a few modes to fire the mod hard or soft/medium but even in the hard mode, I do not believe they are close but as you eluded to which is 100% correct one is around $200 and the other $50 so that is the trade off....
I totally agree as far as comparing this to mods like the iPV 5 or the RX200. The reason I brought them up is because while price difference is about 140$, they are targeted towards the same audience and in the end, function similarly. The only mod truly apt to be compared to this is the DNA200 however, for the sake of newer vapers, I like to compare to common models. The PowerU+ mode/similar modes are great and do change the experience when vaping on aliens or claptons however IMO, thats the only thing that really sets them apart. The RX200 output is VERY true to what it reads so performance of the two are very close. Either way, they are both amazing mods, one is just directed towards collectors and aficionados vs the other that targets reliability and low priced setups!

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
0a5bb22c99fda68d7888f7eac1df7ed6.jpg

Titanium !!!

Sent from my iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread