Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Clearomizers: Why would anyone use cartos, or even carto tanks today? Cartos just bring back so many nightmares; I never want to deal with them again. And so much more going forward (rda's and decent dripping atty's).

Sometime soon we'll get an APV that works like the wizard-stick on a good day, but in the mean time I am again a happy puppy!

That's funny. It must be a personality thingy. If I had to use clearos or drip it'd be a nitemare.

But people do well with all these different heads. Maybe it's just a willingness to make it to the other side of the learning curve.

I dripped for the first year of vaping. I remember the first time I saw a carto tank with all that liquid swimming around, and thought EWWWWW, that looks horrible.

Now I love love love carto tanks! :D I have never met a clearo that gives me the same (full, tasty, warm) vape, but I do agree that clearos are super easy, filling wise. Altho with tanks now like the Bella, and tank filler tools (from Bedazzled), and IBtanked's thingie, it makes them pretty much a breeze to use.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I remember when I would buy about every "topper" so I could experience what everyone was talking about.

And, only a few have stayed on my shopping list. RBA's are not one of them.

I don't think I ever remember any vaping supply I have ever purchased or used that hasn't been "bashed" in one way or another. One size certainly does not fit all in this venture. Words like better or nicer are often only in the eyes of the beholder, especially when it comes to taste in mods and style of "topper".

And, I remember a time when a majority of the threads didn't morph to RBA discussions. :)

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Have you tried an RBA? I'm loving my A7

I have! In fact, I've tried several, and I also have an A7. My preference still favors carto tanks.

Besides, I just haven't found a way to 'girlify' an RBA..... yet. ;)

Oh, and to stay on topic, I remember back in the day before e cigs wore jewelry! :D

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I'm so old-timer that I haven't figured out exactly what "mechanicals" are. (I haven't really tried as they look heavy and I am always in quest of the lightest PVs I can find with high mAhs.)

I'll make a stab at it --- a battery mod or 3.7volt mod that doesn't use a wired button. GG, SuperT, Reosmods, Puresmoker are a few of the older brand/manufacturer names. There are a gazillion newer names now and 2 gazillion clones.

I prefer lighter weight mods too. :)

Last edited:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I'll make a stab at it --- a battery mod or 3.7volt mod that doesn't use a wired button. GG, SuperT, Reosmods, Puresmoker are a few of the older brand/manufacturer names. There are a gazillion newer names now and 2 gazillion clones.

I prefer lighter weight mods too. :)

I assume there are still wires for the LED info (Volts, Watts, Puffs, Harmonic Convergence, etc.) So, even if you drop it a few times and those wires shake loose, you'll still be able to vape with it, albeit without the readout.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I assume there are still wires for the LED info (Volts, Watts, Puffs, Harmonic Convergence, etc.) So, even if you drop it a few times and those wires shake loose, you'll still be able to vape with it, albeit without the readout.

Mechanicals don't have LED's...that would be an APV. :)

No wires in mechanicals... (get it?) :D

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Ohhhh. I thought mechanicals were a type of APV.

Yeah, well, sorta.... but no wires. Think early mods, pre-Provari, first to have 18500's and just a button on a tube that makes the connection between the pos & neg sides of the battery. Very basic, but pretty versatile if you like to tinker. Recent resurgence, IMO, is due to RBA's and the ability to further control resistance via how you build the RBA, etc. :)

zazz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Ugh, i am so glad things have progressed to where we are at now. I started on a dse901, then got a 510 manual battery kit. I gave up on it because I just got tired of having to replace stuff. I remember cartomizers were just becoming a thing, and i never got to try them early on, And i remember seeing people refill them through the bottom airhole. I remember the screwdriver mod being real popular. I took a 2 year hiatus so I don't even know what happened in between back then and 2012 when i started back. Even after coming back I didn't get a decent mod until this year. And I am just getting into rebuildables.

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
I remember when a pack of stinkies from a vending machine has two pennies taped to it for change.

Lol, not really, I'm not that old. My dad told me about that. But I do remember when gas and smokes were under buck.

A gallon of gas, a loaf of bread, Dairy Queen hamburger, a pack of cigs....all about 35 cents when I was a Senior in HS.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread