I said I wasn't interested in VV or upgrading but I lied...suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Michigan
I've posted several times that I'm perfectly satisfied with my KGO set-ups (I have eight! KGO batteries) and had no inclination to upgrade...
But now I'm thinking I must try a VV device. I know, I'm weak. :oops: The eGo Twist is an option I guess but as long as I'm going for it, perhaps something a bit more upscale?

ProVari at this time is a bit spendy for me, although perhaps the mini ProVari although it's still more than I want to spend this week:
ProVari Variable Voltage Ecig: Best Variable Voltage E Cig Available!
Then again, I figure why not go for the full size with all the trimmings for not that much more...but I have a lot of home improvement expenses going right now so really want to keep the cost down.

Or this from Hoosiers, which I believe is a re-named Roughstack:
Maxi Roughstack V2 Multi-voltage capable E cig mod

Anything else in the hundred-ish or less range I ought to consider? I'm sorry if this is a newbie-ish question but there are so many options out there right now I'm getting overwhelmed all over again!

NGIB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Hinesville, GA
The Maxi Roughstack looks to be an L-Rider "Lavatube" and it's available from Apollo much cheaper. As the real "new" version is supposed to actually appear soon it may be worth the wait. I have 2 VTubes and they work great for me but then again I don't use dual coil anything at 5+ volts. Use code "vtube30" to get the black model for $53 shipped or the stainless model for about $73 shipped...

http://www.apolloecigs.com/VTube-kit-p/atube.htm

Last edited:

NGIB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Hinesville, GA
Oh wow, thanks - that's quite a bit cheaper. Although I feel some loyalty towards Hoosier, I'm assuming this vendor is every bit as reputable?

Probably one of the best I've used. Very customer oriented and very fast shipping. I've referred many folks to this kit and all have been pleased...

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I understand your hesitation to purchase a Provari, they're pretty expensive. The second link you give is for the L-Rider, not a Maxi Roughstack. It's an entry level vv unit but the v2 is only capable of a 2.5 amp load I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I generally vape at close to 4 amps so it wouldn't work well for me. There is another option which is in the midd-range, the Buzz Pro at $129 is a very robust VV unit capable of 15 amps of power output in a range of 3.3 to 5.5 volts. It doesn't have all the bells'n whistles of the Provari, but it's a good solid performer.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
since you already have the charger, why not just get a twist to try out vv. Even if you upgrade later, the ego twist seems to be a hit and something you can continue to use. It also depends on what you use with your kgo's (carto wise). would you need a "kit" or do you just need a vv device. If you bought a vv device other than the twist... chances are you would need seperate batts and a charger for it. The regular size provari and the mini are the same price. Of course I would recommend them but you're wanting to keep costs down. But if you're planning on getting a provari eventually... you might save money in the long run if you go ahead and get one.

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
Buzz Pro is a great unit. I had one and then went to ProVari. For the money the BP is better in my opinion. The ProVari isn't twice as good. Its better but not that much.

The buzz pro comes with two batteries and charger free right now as well. I pulled the trigger on one a few days ago to replace my current "at work" mod :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bodrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Michigan
Yah I know, donnah...I'm dithering between getting a cheap Twist, getting a higher-end VV device or just saying **** it and going for a ProVari.
I'm using Resurrectors, BOGEs and Stardust tanks.

cskent and ckone, thanks! That's the sort of feedback I'm looking for. I'm a babe in the wilderness when it comes to VV, in case nobody figured that out LOL.

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
Lots of good choices and options but I say get the Provari mini and call it a day. You will always wonder if you didnt and you will keep it for years if you want. The only different between mini and full size that I know of is the battery. I thought I was a heavy vapor but I guess not because a single 18350 lasts me more than a day. When you consider everything, it really isnt that expensive anyhow. But like I said, lots of good choices out there. Happy vaping!

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
The Maxi Roughstack looks to be an L-Rider "Lavatube" and it's available from Apollo much cheaper. As the real "new" version is supposed to actually appear soon it may be worth the wait. I have 2 VTubes and they work great for me but then again I don't use dual coil anything at 5+ volts. Use code "vtube30" to get the black model for $53 shipped or the stainless model for about $73 shipped...

Apollo VTube Kit

I second this. I LOVE mine. It's less than 24 hours since I got to drop my battery in, I am not looking back. My kgo will still get used, but less than I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread