I saw this ad on TV last night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
"E-cigarette brand njoy is departing from its competition with a new campaign that carries the tagline, "Friends Don't Let Friends Smoke." The campaign, which includes a TV commercial, offers njoy King e-cigs as an alternative to traditional smokes."

I know this is supposed to be a really bad product, but I was still amazed to see the ad on TV at all. It's actually a pretty good commercial. Aired during The Colbert Report on Comedy Central (where they also air liquor and video games ads).

drummerskey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
little birdhouse in your soul
I think that it is dangerous to have a marketing campaign that offers e-cigs as an "alternative to smoking". I actually think it should not be called an e-cigarette by anyone who does it.

Why? It is easier for the government to tie it to tobacco for the purpose of banning, regulating and taxing.

.............and if you are a conspiracy theorist, you could add that when "big tobacco" starts marketing as an alternative, they can easily beat out the small businesses by having the money to pay for whatever government requires retailers/manufactures to do because they are already doing it.

WakeUpDead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2013
Ohio, USA
About fell over when I saw this ad a play on drunk driving but even stronger message about tobacco and the safer and acceptable alternative. I also saw the Blu ad saying "take back your freedom", keep using ecigs as a lifestyle free from the laws imposed on smokers. Totally about our freedom to vape where we use to be aloud to smoke.

Great to see these ad's, its a huge step in the right direction.

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
About fell over when I saw this ad a play on drunk driving.

I was about to say, I bet MADD (and other Anti-Drunk Driving Organizations) aren't thrilled with the rip off of their catch phrase. Don't get me wrong, I think it is an excellent sentiment, but I don't think they love the connection. I did find the commercial funny, especially the bar scene, take that dipsticks who wear knit hats year round.

Although I did notice at the end of the commercial they showed the packaging with multiple ecigs in it, are they offering a multipack? Otherwise I'm sure some will be a little mad after buying their first 'Wait's there's only one?"

radio5

Feb 15, 2014
USA
I think that it is dangerous to have a marketing campaign that offers e-cigs as an "alternative to smoking". I actually think it should not be called an e-cigarette by anyone who does it.

I'm not so sure about that. It was a Blu e-cig commercial that caught my attention and got me to look it up online, and in turn brought me here to this forum. I had not seen anyone with an vaping device "out in the wild" (or didn't notice anyway) so that commercial was the way I learned of their existence.

The "cig" in the product name is what made the connection for me. Otherwise I probably would have ignored the commercial. Sure, if you already know what vaping devices are, maybe a different name would be better for the reasons you mention. Maybe call it the "vapor patch" since "the patch" is a fairly well known term for a nicotine patch, and legislators don't oppose that?

Legislators also don't oppose or seek bans for Chantix, but look at this laundry list of side effects:
Safety Information And Side Effects

It really makes you wonder about the logic people use in favoring or opposing things sometimes....

alvester

Feb 10, 2014
Raleigh, NC USA
Njoy has a multi pack. Here in NC,USA you can buy a single for 7.99 and a 5 pack for 29.99. I did see today (for the first time) a BOGO on the singles. In a pinch, they have a decent flavor. However, they don't last long at all. 400 puffs my ...!

If a accidentally drop my Provari in a wood chipper, when I stopped crying I would run grab one to get me home...

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
Just youtubed it. Obviously they're directing it at a "twenty something" or so audience. No problem with that. Just wanted to observer that they did this SO much better than Obamacare's "onesie" campaign!

(Btw, I agree with Steam, I found the Njoy very satisfactory as a cig alike)

Njoy has a multi pack. Here in NC,USA you can buy a single for 7.99 and a 5 pack for 29.99. I did see today (for the first time) a BOGO on the singles. In a pinch, they have a decent flavor. However, they don't last long at all. 400 puffs my ...!

If a accidentally drop my Provari in a wood chipper, when I stopped crying I would run grab one to get me home...

I was in a convenience store today (buying beer) and they had an advertised buy one (for 7.99), get one free (in NC) I have never tried an Njoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread