• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I saw vapers in the the wild this weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazyinariz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Tempe, AZ
While working the Cinco De Mayo festival on Van Buren this weekend I saw several vapers. I saw 2 Ego users, (chewed the fat w/one for a bit), a box mod, (not sure which 1 as I was too far away and giving a bathroom break so I was posted/immobile) and a few 808 cig-alikes. I love seeing vapers in the wild... I'm kinda hard to miss at events as I walk around vaping my Vamo V2 in all its 18650 glory.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Love seeing vapers in the wild. Happens more and more frequently, too, which is good.

The cat's out of the bag. Word is out in the mainstream, and vaping is growing like crazy. We may well already be past the tipping point to where the FDA can no longer cram the genie back into the bottle.

YAY VAPING!

Aubie80

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
I work in bowling centers, they used to allow vaping inside. I turned many patrons onto vaping so they could bowl and vape. Now most all of them went back to analogs cause they have to step outside yet again. Company says they dont know the harm or what "boiling" these liquids will do. I sent emails to corporate telling them if they are afraid of these liquids "boiling" they may as well take down the fog machines in each center. They use basically the same ingredients.

LongHaul

Howdy Y'All
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Bradenton, Florida
I saw another vaper tonight in downtown Tempe! I came out of a restaurant with my folks and saw a guy with an Evic in a lanyard around his neck and we talked for a minute or two.

Out of curiosity, does anyone else stop vapers on the street to chat them up besides me or am I weird?

I do as well or rather after they spend a bunch of time gawking at my GGTS and Ody they either work up the nerve to ask or I may feel sorry for them and explain it to them.

Worst part is when they always ask where to get one, like its as easy as running to the circleK and grabbing it up.

xTonyTx

Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
AZ
I saw a Kuwaiti vaping while he was supervising some laborers outside a grocery store last night. I said hello as I walked by and held up my ego and smiled. He gave me a thumbs up. It was pretty cool and my third experience seeing vapers in the wild here.

Just a little insight to how these things are catching on here and how it works.
There's no store fronts that are selling these. There are a few guys that I know of that will personally bring juice and equipment from nearby countries, like Malaysia or the US, and sell them here. It's completely word of mouth. You get the guy's number, call him and he will come meet you. Prices are three to five times what you would pay in the states and many of the sellers water down their crappy juice because some buyers just don't know what good juice is at this point and many of the buyers will likely give up and go back to cigarettes anyway. About a month ago we met up with one of the local sellers to see what he had. His juices were unsealed and unlabeled so I passed on purchasing anything. However, my friend wanted a starter kit so he talked the guy down to 30KD ($105 US) for an ego (1000mah) charger and clearomizer.

Last edited:

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
I am hardly ever out and about, so hardly ever see vapers in the wild. I do, however, see vapers come into my store. I either see their device and talk with them or they see my four or five device sitting next to the cash register/computer and ask me about them.

I usually ask them what part of town they live in and direct them to the closest brick & mortar store or a website.

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
Was at the GF condo peering out da window while waiting for her to get ready to go out (2 hours lol) low and behold a car pulls into the small lot and this woman gets out, another greets her and one starts to smoke, meanwhile I thought "yuck" just then her friend pulls put a device, now I'm 5 floors up but I can see its a joyetech or similar....

I so wanted to race down the stairs to verify, but It was obvious. Woohoo my first close encounter with the Vape kind.

Furt

Jul 4, 2013
United States
I work at a pretty big campus in phoenix and have seen vapors around the smoke areas for years now. It's funny to see us all with our current setups. in 2010/11, it was all about 510 cigs and we were just barely getting eGo's. now I see dude struttin around with full 18650 mods of all kinds smoking wherever they please. We still haven't worked our way inside the offices, so its pretty easy to spot the vapors hiding under any shade immediately outside.

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
There are about 10 vapers now in the office complex I work in. It started with one guy, and after a bunch of smokers (including myself) saw the success, it has snowballed into a large group of us. We all meet in the building lobby to vape together now, rather than going outside in this 110+ weather. I think starting vaping in the summer in Phoenix has made me enjoy vaping so much better. The other workers in our building are still using there starter kits, so when I come with new tanks, MODs and juice every day they tend to make fun of me, but it's all in good fun.

So besides my office, I have seen 3 in the wild over the last month. The first was at a golf course in Tucson. I was sitting down waiting for a charity tournament to start, and a guy came up to me and pulled out his eGo and said "I couldn't help but notice your eCig"

The second was when I was on my way to get some "vape mail" I saw a lady get in her car and started toking on her eGo.

The third was at the bar the other night, I was sitting at a table with my family and a guy pulled up to the bar and pulled out his eGo and proTank...I made a point to go talk to him and talk about vaping.

The best part about being a vaper is that when you do run into others that vape, everyone wants to talk about it and are very friendly. It's like a club/cult/fraternity

afullmargin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Arizona
I've run into a few in the wild up in Prescott and when I was on campus at Yavapai I tended to draw a lot of people curious about my eCig and vaping - I must have easily given out a dozen cards last semester out at the Verde Valley campus... which is kind of a big deal for me given I was only there 2 days a week!

Starting out at ASU West in the fall - what's this I hear about no vaping on campus?? I may just have to go bold on that one, I don't mind taking it outside but outright ban is just frustrating.

Magan

Mar 28, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Now that we are vapers, it's shocking to me how many people we notice now with some sort of vaping contraption in their hand or around their neck. I even saw a busted tank in the parking lot at Target the other day & had to feel a twinge of sadness for the owner who was probably heartbroken that they lost it.

We work at the airport so I see so many people coming off the plane with them now so I guess it's easy for them to stealth vape on those long flights. I try to make small talk with some of them & ask them what flavor their vaping but more often than not they aren't in the mood to talk. I can't blame them though since their flight was probably delayed for the 4th time & they're just ready to get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread