I screwed up. I am spoiled on 7.4 volts!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
So, I tried to make an Iatty coil at low ohms to use for 3.7 volt vaping and it just did not give the throat hit and pleasure I am used to. I found myself upping the ante and putting two 18650's in for 7.4 volts. My god this is a freight train! I got 2 family members to try it and they both started coughing (one almost threw up) and when I asked a third, she said no freaking way!!! I started laughing but the truth is, I just cannot see me ever going low voltage again. Anyone else completely spoiled on HV, almost beyond belief?

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
Calculate what watts you're working at, and then use that to calculate what ohm you need to vape at 3.7v. HV/LR is all the same, watts are what you're really dealing with. Of course, if you're using a low ohm and HV you might not be able to get the same wattage with 3.7v.

Huh. By doing the math, it appears I am around 18-23 watts on average with my Iatty! Idk why, but that sounds kinda high to me.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
Huh. By doing the math, it appears I am around 18-23 watts on average with my Iatty! Idk why, but that sounds kinda high to me.

If you're really at 23 watts that means your iAtty is about a 2.3ohm atty. To get the same at 3.7 you would need a 0.5ohm atty... which I don't see happening. At that power I would think the juice is burnt and tastes like crap...

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
So, I tried to make an Iatty coil at low ohms to use for 3.7 volt vaping and it just did not give the throat hit and pleasure I am used to. I found myself upping the ante and putting two 18650's in for 7.4 volts. My god this is a freight train! I got 2 family members to try it and they both started coughing (one almost threw up) and when I asked a third, she said no freaking way!!! I started laughing but the truth is, I just cannot see me ever going low voltage again. Anyone else completely spoiled on HV, almost beyond belief?

hahaha, me psycho. I almost never vape at 3,7 exept when I make reviews on GG products

Iatty can handle easily 2 ohm at 6 volts. I vape like this the whole day, everyday

Last edited:

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
If you're really at 23 watts that means your iAtty is about a 2.3ohm atty. To get the same at 3.7 you would need a 0.5ohm atty... which I don't see happening. At that power I would think the juice is burnt and tastes like crap...

TBH most of the juice I taste is kinda weird, but IMO it tastes better than a lr 510 atty. The TH more than makes up for the flavor problem. Then again, I absolutely CANNOT vape any coffee flavors at this voltage...but Madvapes Banana flavor tastes pretty good...but even with a full tank I find myself dripping every few hits to keep the taste good. I am going through a LOT of juice, but I am the most satisfied vapor you will ever meet.

Edit: I can't really measure my Iatty, since I don't have a multimeter. I just make a coil with a few wraps (never more than 5 tops) and try and get the ultimate flavor and throat hit. I probably really should get a multimeter...but why try and mess with something that works?

Last edited:

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
hahaha, me psycho. I almost never vape at 3,7 exept when I make reviews on GG products

Iatty can handle easily 2 ohm at 6 volts. I vape like this the whole day, everyday

Completely honest here, but I don't think an anolog cigarette could satisfy me anymore...I haven't had one in over a few months, but I used to have one every couple months or so...I don't see me ever trying one again, unless they come out with one that has a MEGA TH.

Torqueguy

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2011
Central Virginia
Completely honest here, but I don't think an anolog cigarette could satisfy me anymore...I haven't had one in over a few months, but I used to have one every couple months or so...I don't see me ever trying one again, unless they come out with one that has a MEGA TH.
I agree completely. Last week I hit my 6 month mark. Just as a test, I took a puff on a friends Marlboro. It tasted terrible. Just 6 months ago, I would have killed for one and now I could never imagine going back. I sleep with a GG though and it has become my new joy. Still searching for the perfect feeding device but I'm thinking the new UFS will take care of that. Maybe now I'll be able to get on with my life. The last 6 months were spent on finding the best PV. That search is over now

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
TBH most of the juice I taste is kinda weird, but IMO it tastes better than a lr 510 atty. The TH more than makes up for the flavor problem. Then again, I absolutely CANNOT vape any coffee flavors at this voltage...but Madvapes Banana flavor tastes pretty good...but even with a full tank I find myself dripping every few hits to keep the taste good. I am going through a LOT of juice, but I am the most satisfied vapor you will ever meet.

Edit: I can't really measure my Iatty, since I don't have a multimeter. I just make a coil with a few wraps (never more than 5 tops) and try and get the ultimate flavor and throat hit. I probably really should get a multimeter...but why try and mess with something that works?

Getting a multimeter will allow you to build your database and know what it is that's working for you. It also gives you the info when explore other coil options. Having the facts only helps......

Get a couple of cheapos....they are plenty accurate enough for what we measure. I converted one to hold connectors...just screw on the atomizer, flip the switch, and read the display. Not having to fiddle with probes is really convenient.

attytester.jpg

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I agree completely. Last week I hit my 6 month mark. Just as a test, I took a puff on a friends Marlboro. It tasted terrible. Just 6 months ago, I would have killed for one and now I could never imagine going back. I sleep with a GG though and it has become my new joy. Still searching for the perfect feeding device but I'm thinking the new UFS will take care of that. Maybe now I'll be able to get on with my life. The last 6 months were spent on finding the best PV. That search is over now

I am very glad you feel that way Torq.:)

As for UFS, you will be satisfied more than anything else but you still have to try the multiatty. After multiatty I dont think that you will ever need something new for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread