The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I should have gotten the silver ProVari...

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by double_aa_ron, Mar 13, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. double_aa_ron

double_aa_ron Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    I got the blue ProVari and after only 2 days the finish started coming off. It's been a couple of weeks now and this is how it looks...

[​IMG]
    photo hosting sites

[​IMG]
    upload foto

[​IMG]
    photo hosting sites

I haven't dropped it or miss used it in any way. When I take it out, if it's not in my hand it's in my pocket. I'm not very happy.

2. MiamiMom63

MiamiMom63 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2012
    South Florida
    Wow. That's a real shame. I only have the chrome and silver one but others have the colored ones and I didn't think that happened, but I'm not sure. Did you search around to see if others are having that problem?

3. double_aa_ron

Oct 3, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Yeah. That's why I decided to get a colored one. Everyone said the color on them were very resilient.

4. StaircaseWit

StaircaseWit Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2013
    The Pit of Despair
    Post (if you haven't already) in the Provape sub-forum, and contact Provape. They are very good people and don't like their customers to be dissatisfied.

5. ladyb334

ladyb334 Full Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Selma, AL
    I have had my blue ProVari for several weeks and the finish looks as good as the day it arrived in the mail.

6. Buzzsaw46

Buzzsaw46 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 6, 2012
    SE MN United States
    Wow! My blue one has been used daily since Oct. and it doesn't show that much wear. I can understand your disappointment.

7. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    My blue one has been in use since the colored Provari's came out..what, in August or September. I've dropped mine 3-4 times onto the pavement getting out of my car (it was on my lap and I forgot it was there). No nicks or scratches on mine even from that trauma.

I also say contact Provape. Even with abusive behavior, that shouldn't happen in just 2 days time.

There was false information innitially circulated by Provape reps that the special finish of the colored Provari's required a period of time to completely cure. This information was corrected in the Provape supplier forum here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/345226-provari-finish-cure-time.html

8. benosa562

benosa562 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    southern California
    Oh man..I just ordered the same blue one!! Keep us informed if you do end up talking with provape and what, if, they do anything for you

9. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Sadly as said before, no matter how good the product, sometimes things can go wrong.
    Can't hurt to contact Provape. Hopefully they can help out.

10. Larzis

Larzis Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Cedar Park, TX
    Be interested in hearing what the outcome is on this. Based on the reputation of Provape assume they will take care of you.

11. ninfreak

ninfreak Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2011
    burkesville, kentucky
    you wear rings? from the looks of it you do....if thats the case, you can only blame yourself

12. double_aa_ron

Oct 3, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Well, I contacted Provape and they asked me to send pictures. After I sent the pictures this is a copy and paste of the reply I got...

Hmmm... thank you for sharing the images with me. I showed them to my supervisor and he says that type of wear and tear is not covered under our warranty.

He wanted me to share our warranty section about the finishes with you:

Scratches, fading, damage to finish - We inspect every device before it ships to ensure that it arrives to you in perfect condition. If there are any problems with the finish, this should be reported to us within 24 hours of receiving your new device. Beyond this period, we cannot replace the product for scratches, blemishes, fading. As with any coated product they can wear or scratch with daily use. To keep the finish looking good never store in a location where it can get scuffed or damaged by keys, coins or other objects that might come in contact with the tube and scratch the finish.
    Terms and Conditions

I am very sorry.

However, we do offer protective wraps for our ProVaris now. Perhaps one of these will help prevent further damage?

You can find them here: ProVari Wraps - Customize the Look and Color of Your ProVari Electronic Cigarette

Kinda sucks.

13. double_aa_ron

Oct 3, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    I do not wear rings. I'm pretty anal about my ProVari. I knida handle it with kid gloves. It is a $200 PV after all.

14. StaircaseWit

Jan 18, 2013
    The Pit of Despair
    Yeah, that does kinda suck. I've had my Provari so long and haven't had to use their CS, but I remember hearing great things about them. As new as the device is, I'm surprised they consider that normal wear.

Did you post about it on the Provape sub-forum?

15. Larzis

Larzis Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Cedar Park, TX
    That stinks. Kinda surprised at the answer.

16. MiamiMom63

MiamiMom63 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2012
    South Florida
    I know you are extremely disappointed, but maybe you could get a nice wrap and enjoy it. They are great devices and you mentioned you would have been happy with silver so maybe a wrap is even better. Sorry. Trying to make you feel better.

17. double_aa_ron

Oct 3, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    It is disappointing, but I still like the device. It's extremely solid and works well. I just feel a little cheated spending an extra $20 on a finish (color finishes cost extra) just to have it come off a couple days after I get it. I never expected it to last forever, but come on!

18. StaircaseWit

Jan 18, 2013
    The Pit of Despair
    Just looked at your images again and I think they should have covered this. You have typical area wear that shouldn't occur with a good finish for quite a long time. It doesn't look like dings or like it was dropped; it's the wear you typically see from a thumb resting on a particular spot (on a flashlight or similar).

I really thought Provape would definitely stand behind what they sell (even if it's just the finish), at least within the first 30 days.

19. double_aa_ron

Oct 3, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    I just emailed them back telling them how I felt cheated after buying a $20 finish that wares off in a couple of days. We'll see...

20. Shy De

Shy De Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Oregon
    I looked at the pics... Knowing pics aren't like seeing something in real life but, is there an A on the left hand side of the area in question? To the side of the button? The little tear drops look to have slight gouging stratches in their outline. Around that area the paint seems to look chipped and is progressively worse where its interrupted the integrity of the finish. If that is not how it looks like in real life maybe they will let you return it to inspect it in person. Would hate to think you couldn't get this worked out because the pictures are deceiving.

I think the finish should be warranted past 24 hours.. Jeez! At least in an obvious wearing down situation! 24 hours is just silly!! These aren't disposable!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.