The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I should have gotten the silver ProVari...

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by double_aa_ron, Mar 13, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Plumes.91

Plumes.91 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    I've gotten a similar response about the logo fading on mine almost immediately.
    I even would have paid to have it re-stamped or engraved. Oh well.
    After having it, with the logo faded, for so long, it has turned into a tank rather than being my trophy.
    Can't really complain about that.

2. zero7starz

zero7starz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2009
    You can also get a clear wrap from Jwraps that will protect its finish. If I get a colored one, I think I'll be doing that.
    Or I'll just order silver and a colored wrap...

But I would group email them. From everyone who has a similar issue. To me, it sounds like the finish was never properly cured before it was shipped.
    And that could happen in good faith just by trying to get customer orders out faster.

Good luck to the OP.

3. Ravalstoney

Ravalstoney Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2013
    Dallas, Tx
    I thought about that as an option, but I don't know what to expect when the wrap is removed. Will it take the finish with it? I'm about to do some looking into that.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

4. Shy De

Shy De Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Oregon
    Still no resolve on this issue?? That makes me nervous about ever spending that much money on a product from them again...mine is fine but, who knows what the next one may be like?

5. double_aa_ron

double_aa_ron Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Nope, not yet. I sent yet another email today. I doubt I'll hear back till Monday.

I would be happyish if they offered to send me a wrap.. I won't buy one from them though. If I am forced to buy one I'm not going to give provape money to fix their mistake.

6. mike26038

mike26038 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    Glen Dale, WV
    It shouldn't wear that quick, I have the same type of finish on guns that hasn't wore off.

7. Soundhunter

Soundhunter Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2012
    Love Field
    Ive got two minis and they are my favorites by far of all the PVs I have ... but having said that.. that answer is completely unacceptable for a device (at this price..) that has been in the field for 2 months..much less 2 weeks.. unless provape can show that this is normal wear and tear (at 2 weeks???) they need to make this right..not cool..at all Provape and you know it...

8. Snowblind258

Snowblind258 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    Louisville, Ky
    Here is my black Provari I got back in January. To be fair I slide this between the passenger seat and console in my car so the cap rests on the metal rail the seat slides on. To me its just paint, the device still works fine. Doesn't really bother me at all, I payed for the devices functionality not the resilience of the finish.

170.jpg 172.jpg

9. tnt56

tnt56 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Talk to Provape. I've got a satin black that is used very often. I've never seen that before. Let em know. Their great customer service.

10. double_aa_ron

double_aa_ron Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Update on the resolution of the problem.

[​IMG]

Well there wasn't one.

The wrap I got I bought myself. No help from Provape at all. I guess Provape stands behind their product only when it's convenient. I wasted $20 on a paint job that I had to cover costing me even more money.

Final thoughts..
    Don't spend extra to get a fancy color, but if you do get a clear wrap from Jwraps to protect it.

11. BostonVape

BostonVape Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2013
    BeanTown
    damn man.. that sucks to hear. makes you think about provari's customer service when they give you cookie-cutter answers like "I cant do anything my supervisor said no"

12. Chimney34

Chimney34 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Wow! Sorry to see that issue wasn't resolved. I've had my purple 2.5 for about a month & it still looks like it did the day I received it but now ill be keeping a close eye on it. On the upside the wrap looks nice!

13. lolhahaha

lolhahaha Full Member

Aug 9, 2012
    San Diego
    Hmm, one of these was going to be my purchase in the next day or 2 based almost exclusively on being a superior product with superior customer service. Now that is in question so I'll probably just stick with my vmods, even though I'd like to try something that isn't a bottom feeder. I mostly drip with it as it is lol.

14. Lowlife

Lowlife Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2013
    Oklahoma
    Did you ever get to speak with a supervisor? Did you call and talk to someone or just email?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

15. USinchains

USinchains Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 15, 2009
    The Terrordrome, FL
    Sucks you wasted money but it looks ten times better now. I learned my lesson with coated mods back when I got the black silver bullet.

16. jeffbarrera

jeffbarrera Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2013
    SoCal, CA
    IMHO, It wouldn't really matter which color you get, just get a protective case!

17. jpf880

jpf880 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2011
    oHIo

I would make a post on the Provape suppliers thread and call them to talk to somebody live. I ordered the silver just because I'm very hard on my PV, it doesn't leave my hand or my pocket except when I drop it.

18. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
    It does look pretty nice!

19. stillnotsmoking

stillnotsmoking Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2013
    GA, USA
    I agree this sucks. I thought that provape used a firearm type coating on the PVs? Should holds up longer than that! I'll be ordering a satin silver for sure now!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

20. zero7starz

zero7starz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2009
    I got a silver one thanks to this thread. I'm sorry this happened and they wouldn't take care of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.