I should have gotten the silver ProVari...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    My satin black mini is on the way and now the OP has made me a little nervous. I expect wear over time but 2 days is insane. I'll likely leave it in a drawer for a week just to be sure the finish is cured.

You can also get a clear wrap from Jwraps that will protect its finish. If I get a colored one, I think I'll be doing that.
    Or I'll just order silver and a colored wrap...

But I would group email them. From everyone who has a similar issue. To me, it sounds like the finish was never properly cured before it was shipped.
    And that could happen in good faith just by trying to get customer orders out faster.

Good luck to the OP.

Ravalstoney

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 3, 2013
    Dallas, Tx
    You can also get a clear wrap from Jwraps that will protect its finish. If I get a colored one, I think I'll be doing that.
    Or I'll just order silver and a colored wrap...

But I would group email them. From everyone who has a similar issue. To me, it sounds like the finish was never properly cured before it was shipped.
    And that could happen in good faith just by trying to get customer orders out faster.

Good luck to the OP.

I thought about that as an option, but I don't know what to expect when the wrap is removed. Will it take the finish with it? I'm about to do some looking into that.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Shy De:8954126 said:
    Still no resolve on this issue?? That makes me nervous about ever spending that much money on a product from them again...mine is fine but, who knows what the next one may be like?

Nope, not yet. I sent yet another email today. I doubt I'll hear back till Monday.

I would be happyish if they offered to send me a wrap.. I won't buy one from them though. If I am forced to buy one I'm not going to give provape money to fix their mistake.

Soundhunter

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2012
    Love Field
    Ive got two minis and they are my favorites by far of all the PVs I have ... but having said that.. that answer is completely unacceptable for a device (at this price..) that has been in the field for 2 months..much less 2 weeks.. unless provape can show that this is normal wear and tear (at 2 weeks???) they need to make this right..not cool..at all Provape and you know it...

Last edited:

Snowblind258

ECF Veteran
    Jan 28, 2011
    Louisville, Ky
    Here is my black Provari I got back in January. To be fair I slide this between the passenger seat and console in my car so the cap rests on the metal rail the seat slides on. To me its just paint, the device still works fine. Doesn't really bother me at all, I payed for the devices functionality not the resilience of the finish.

170.jpg 172.jpg

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Update on the resolution of the problem.

20130326121205.jpg

Well there wasn't one.

The wrap I got I bought myself. No help from Provape at all. I guess Provape stands behind their product only when it's convenient. I wasted $20 on a paint job that I had to cover costing me even more money.

Final thoughts..
    Don't spend extra to get a fancy color, but if you do get a clear wrap from Jwraps to protect it.

Last edited:

jpf880

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 27, 2011
    oHIo
    Update on the resolution of the problem.

20130326121205.jpg

Well there wasn't one.

The wrap I got I bought myself. No help from Provape at all. I guess Provape stands behind their product only when it's convenient. I wasted $20 on a paint job that I had to cover costing me even more money.

Final thoughts..
    Don't spend extra to get a fancy color, but if you do get a clear wrap from Jwraps to protect it.

I would make a post on the Provape suppliers thread and call them to talk to somebody live. I ordered the silver just because I'm very hard on my PV, it doesn't leave my hand or my pocket except when I drop it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread