I smoked a cigarette today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
So yeah, I smoked a cigarette, first one in at least 4 months which i am happy about. My old lady smokes when she drinks and I came home after a long night working 3rd shift to her passed out with a pack next to her and I did it. Kinda nice because I got a buzz, from the chemicals I know not the nicotine. It sucked. I'm used to my 2 sub ohm tanks and the big clouds and flavor they produce and it really was not satisfying. I've smoked a total of 9 cigarettes in the past 14 months, most early into vaping. Was this wrong to post?

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
So yeah, I smoked a cigarette, first one in at least 4 months which i am happy about. My old lady smokes when she drinks and I came home after a long night working 3rd shift to her passed out with a pack next to her and I did it. Kinda nice because I got a buzz, from the chemicals I know not the nicotine. It sucked. I'm used to my 2 sub ohm tanks and the big clouds and flavor they produce and it really was not satisfying. I've smoked a total of 9 cigarettes in the past 14 months, most early into vaping. Was this wrong to post?

No, not wrong at all - you're not the first and I doubt you'll be the last. Besides, just remember how many cigarettes you haven't smoked :)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
not at all.... getting away from the ciggies can be daunting... took me about 6 months to cut down from 2-3 PAD to several ciggies a day and I still do an occasional ciggie with the morning coffie.. I started vaping to cut costs on smoking... not to quit.. but 1 ciggie a day is as close to quitting as I have ever been previously in the last 42 yrs. :)

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Yesterday I completed a month without, so had a cig, well 4 drags, enjoyed it. It just doesn't have any real hold on me anymore, and after a long transition I'm reaching the point of not wanting to mess up my vape enjoyment. It did have a hold on me, because cigs/real tobacco have a other-than-nic addictive factor which took a long time to wittle away, slowly but without effort.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    not at all.... getting away from the ciggies can be daunting... took me about 6 months to cut down from 2-3 PAD to several ciggies a day and I still do an occasional ciggie with the morning coffie.. I started vaping to cut costs on smoking... not to quit.. but 1 ciggie a day is as close to quitting as I have ever been previously in the last 42 yrs. :)

Just curious- that occasional morning ciggie doesn't taste nasty yet?

justinlm24

Apr 13, 2015
    ohio
    After about 4 months into vaping I tried a cig and just one hit was all I could stand. The taste is so disgusting. It really made me wonder why/how I did it for almost 15 years. I have no desire anymore to have a cigarette. I'm coming up on 6 months smoke free in a couple weeks. Yea figured I'd give myself a pat on the back. Lol

owningtheday

Jan 14, 2014
    England
    After about 4 months into vaping I tried a cig and just one hit was all I could stand. The taste is so disgusting. It really made me wonder why/how I did it for almost 15 years. I have no desire anymore to have a cigarette. I'm coming up on 6 months smoke free in a couple weeks. Yea figured I'd give myself a pat on the back. Lol

Well done! My mix ofcaffeine and vape isn't finely tuned as yet, 3 weeks in, so I'm typing with a sore eye, some gas and a little dehydration. Sure aint going back to analogues though :w00t:

sd3614

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 7, 2015
    MIDWEST USA
    Hopefully it tasted terrible and you could not finish and then had to go wash your hands and rinse. That what happens to me when I slip one every 4 to 6 weeks. If the wifey was smoking and drinking is involved I imagine it makes it tougher. Time for a good tongue scrubbing and a tall glass a water and get back to vaping :)

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    Hopefully it tasted terrible and you could not finish and then had to go wash your hands and rinse. That what happens to me when I slip one every 4 to 6 weeks. If the wifey was smoking and drinking is involved I imagine it makes it tougher. Time for a good tongue scrubbing and a tall glass a water and get back to vaping :)
    Oh I enjoyed the first half of it well enough but it just wasn't luxurious enough, rich thick vapor is what i crave. I broke out my dripper immediately after. Chocolate custard ftw.

khalidmna

ECF Veteran
    Nov 19, 2014
    Liverpool, UK
    Nah. If you're only smoking 9 over the course of 14 months, just think how many you didn't have. I'm not sure the desire for a cigarette will ever be truly gone. But we have a healthier alternative.

For me the desire has totally gone. I can't even stand the smell of a cigarette when I'm walking down the high street.

...I came home after a long night working 3rd shift to her passed out with a pack next to her and I did it. Kinda nice because I got a buzz, from the chemicals I know not the nicotine...

With the right set up and nicotine level you can get a nice buzz from an ecig too

PisangLaut

Jun 7, 2015
    Indonesia
    It's been 8 months for me without any analogues. I tried to smokes one cig that was offered by my friend but It feels nasty as hell, I can't stand for the flavor :( The trick that I did was just using creamy flavors such as the Strawberry milks, Custards, Butterscotch flavors, and the other creamy flavors. Some of my vaping friends said that if we use any creamy flavors, the analogue's flavor will feel very strange. I don't know the scientific explanation for this (maybe you guys know about this :D), but you should try. Also, try higher nicotine or higher throat hit juices.

Reactions: owningtheday

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 7, 2012
    United States
    I have been trying like crazy to get my mother to totally quit smoking. I keep everything cleaned and filled for her and the only thing she has to do is keep her battery charged. She just won't quit smoking. True I think that she is not smoking near as much (which is a good thing)

I was lucky when I started vaping I had no intention of quitting smoking. Was going to smoke at work but vape in my car and house. But after a couple of weeks I found myself vaping at work also because it jsut tasted better! I finally just quit buying cigarettes and haven't had one in almost 3 years.

davnich

Jun 17, 2015
    Houston Tx
    I have a friend that will double fist- cigarette in one hand and device in the other. He will take a few drags off the cigarette, then a few hits off his ecig. Doesn't make any sense to me but he has said he has cut down on his smoking.
    Fortunately for me, once I got my IPV mini 2 and subohm tank the last pack of cigarettes I had got less and less satisfying. When I smoked the last one, it tasted nasty and wasn't that enjoyable. I just have to keep a charged battery and filled tank or I bolt home instead of hanging out with the smokers. So far so good.

Reactions: owningtheday
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread