I someone just trying to get me more hooked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethnobot

Jun 2, 2011
UK
*Is {sorry can't edit title AFAIK }

Recently a vendor who I bought an accessory from sent me a free 10ml sample of "Marlboro High" which is supposed to taste/smell like the newly opened cigarette packet and contains 24mg/ml nicotine. I hadn't previously gone over the nicotine strength of "High" prefills (in the case of the stuff I got they were all around the 18mg/ml mark) but I wasn't overly worried about trying a higher strength occasionally. What really made me suspicious was the price - £2.50-odd is the normal selling price of 10mls of the same juice. Yeah I know it doesn't sound quite as good when you work it out as £7.50 for £30mls but that is still a low price for strong juice - provided of course that this stuff works.
I couldn't help wondering what the catch was, and I was worried about even dripping a few drops in case this stuff was really something nasty that unscrupulous people were trying to foist off on unsuspecting vapers.

Today however I screwed my courage to the sticking place and filled a cart with the stuff. Even though I wasn't exactly sure about it & I don't really see the point of tobacco flavours I've done riskier and more adventurous things "in the name of science" :laugh: No, the real reason is that I have really nice flavours already planned for my best carts and the leftover fairly nice samples planned for the washed out carts from my starter kits but at least for the time being I want to keep my 808 carto system running. That means learning to wash out and refill those 10 dreadful-tasting cartos and I wanted to use a liquid that didn't matter that much
I filled one of the very plain, almost unflavoured & vaped nearly dry tobacco scented carts since I still prefer to try new liquid with a manual batt even if I'm not drippin'
:vapor: To my surprise it was the nicest tobacco flavour I have tried yet. Now that isn't saying much as I concentrated on non-tobacco tastes when I ordered nice sample flavours but it was surprisingly palatable & I could definitely see myself vaping it, maybe not quite daily but fairly regularly until the original bottle goes & also maybe in the future if cashflow hassles created a danger of running outta juice...

...that is unless I'm missing something here - it tastes ok, feels fine, doesn't irritate my throat or chest and feels like the amount of nicotine that it says on the label... but is there anything I haven't thought of that may mean I should steer clear of this... or am I being paranoid and should relax.

Cheers, ethnobot

DivisionMatrix

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Kissimmee, Florida
I'm gonna say, paranoid. Many vendors send juice samples with orders (though 10ml is a big 'sample') so that you'll try, and hopefully like, and buy more of their juice. If you do like it, and the 24 is too strong you could always buy some in 12 mg/ml so that a 50/50 mix of the bottles would give you 20 ml of 18 mg/ml.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
I'm gonna say, paranoid. Many vendors send juice samples with orders (though 10ml is a big 'sample') so that you'll try, and hopefully like, and buy more of their juice. If you do like it, and the 24 is too strong you could always buy some in 12 mg/ml so that a 50/50 mix of the bottles would give you 20 ml of 18 mg/ml.

+1 on that. That is a really big sample. Congrats on the nice freebie :D But as previously mentioned, nothing wrong with a higher nic. I only vape 24 mg and there's nothing *nervous tic spasm and touretts rant goes here* wrong with me :D

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I get a free 5ml bottle of juice with every juice order I place with VaporBomb. It's always in the strength I ordered, but they choose the flavor and it is never one of the flavors I already ordered. I've even gone back and ordered a 30ml bottle of some of the samples I've gotten.

Love that about Vapor Bomb. That's how I've discovered (their free samples) some of my favorite juice. Pretty smart business practice, if you ask me. I've ended up ordering several 30ml bottles of juices from them that I would never have thought I'd like.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
...... but is there anything I haven't thought of that may mean I should steer clear of this........

I would say there's probably lot's of things you haven't thought of, so why risk it. Just send it to me, and I'll vape it up and report back to you. (If you don't hear back from me, don't order more.) :laugh: :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread