I still adore my Provari but

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
I have a few V2.5s and I have been using them a little but would like to know,what is your favorite set up. I have been using uwell crowns v1 with rba and 1.6ohms at 4.2 volts.
I am asking because I just love my Provaris and want more options. I have seen recently here that you can MTL with a subohm coil, I was surprised by that so i tried to dtl with 1.6 ohms and it was not so nice lol.
I just wonder how many still love this 2.5 and how everyone uses them most. There are so many variations in vape and would like to see your favorite for this little pretty!
Also is there a Provari tube that does subohms? I have a Radius but like the tubes better. :)

Reactions: stols001

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I have four 2.5's that I use every day, with KFL tanks on them. I do have a couple of Lemo tanks but they take a bit more power so they don't work on the Provaris. Use them with Picos or my new Asmodus.

I think there was a Provari tube that did higher power. P3 maybe? Not sure how high it goes. Since they don't make them any more it would be hard to get one anyway. There are some higher power tube mods out there but I don't have any names. Something like a Pico goes up to 80W so I assume you could find a tube that goes that high.

I'm sure there are a lot of 2.5's still out there since they seem to last forever.

Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The Provape Procyon was their top of the line tube shape power device.
3w - 50w / down to .4Ω / 11.5a limit. P3 & 510 threading.

It will be difficult to find one considering Provape is no more.

P2.5's work well with any delivery device that uses 1.2Ωish and above coils.
The list is almost endless.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd think a Procyon would be what you want. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a couple. They DO go up to 50 watts but IDK what battery life would be on them but you would at least have a shot at sub0hm I guess.

They're my favorite provari but rare as hens teeth kinda.

You want a tube mod, maybe the Ephro 75 watt 101 tube would work? IDK it has temp control and is more modern and I think it takes one of those larger batteries, too. It might be worth a look.

Not quite as solid as a provari, but still pretty nice honestly.

Anna

Anna

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
I have looked at other tubes but i found for me at least they dont come close to the feel of the Provari in my hand. I know that are harder and harder to find but glad to there is one to keep an eye out for.
I also have picos and use it plenty. I just want to use the Provari to its fullest lol.

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
I do use them every day. I think they are just pretty and like the size. The Crown likes it too
91b49d4d855dfd9cb46250707be66187.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I don't sub-ohm vape at all, and I vape usually with coils between 1.3ohms-1.8ohms at the highest. I'm a Tootle Puffer through and through, so the wattage range I prefer is between about 5.2-7.5 watts the the most. My favorite tanks to use are the Berserker Mini MTL RTA and the Zenith D22.

From the specs and info that I saved, while buying ProVari before ProVape closed...it says for the 2.5 full size and the Mini, they won't fire atomizers below 1.2ohms. The specs for the Classic says it supports sub-ohm vaping down to 0.9ohms. As others have mentioned the Procyon supports down to 0.4ohms. Every now and then Procyons can still be found for sale in the Classies and on eBay. They're not cheap, but do pop up on there. The specs for my 20W P3 ProVaris that I have, state " The Provari 3 will read resistances as low as 0.6 ohms." Those do pop up more frequently on eBay and in the Classies, too, and are less expensive than the Procyons usually listed.

Last edited:

marshbunny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
NE GA, USA
I do still use my Provari's along with box mods. I like tube mods much better. I just ordered the Punk tube, you might be interested if you like tubes. I have not received it yet, so can not comment further. There are some good reviews online if you wish to know more.
9686205 Authentic Teslacigs Punk 86W VW APV Tube Mod

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
I do still use my Provari's along with box mods. I like tube mods much better. I just ordered the Punk tube, you might be interested if you like tubes. I have not received it yet, so can not comment further. There are some good reviews online if you wish to know more.
9686205 Authentic Teslacigs Punk 86W VW APV Tube Mod
I gotta say that it sure is pretty! I never had anything by them,I wonder how well it's made. Worth looking into,thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I have looked at other tubes but i found for me at least they dont come close to the feel of the Provari in my hand. I know that are harder and harder to find but glad to there is one to keep an eye out for.
    I also have picos and use it plenty. I just want to use the Provari to its fullest lol.

I recently started using the Ego One V2 with clr 1.0 ohm coils on the 2.5 and I love it.

AARG FORGOT about the tesla tube, man, it looked GREAT. Now I'm gonna have to go get me one grrr. LOL..

Never safe from shinyitis...

Anna

Do you have a pic of that Tesla? I inherited a tube Tesla and know nothing about them. Not sure which one I have even, assuming they make several mods.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Tesla Punk 86W Mod Steampunk Tube - Ecig Vaporizer

This one's fairly new I'm guessing you don't have it. On a mission now, I have paypal money and if I can get the tube AND the cube MTL version I am like oh ohhh oh. I also want them now, that means US.

This may take a bit of doing. LOL.

Anna

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Just know like some other Tesla power devices like the steampunk box, this too struggles with down regulation which gives the feeling they 'hit very hard' at lower power levels compared to other more accurate devices.
    7w on this will 'feel' like 10 - 12+w on most other devices.
    10w will 'feel' like 15+w or so.
    Meaning if you're normally a 7w ~ 14w or so vaper, using say 1.2Ω - 1.6ishΩ this may not be for you.

You'll need a good cell with the appropriate CDR to use it anywhere above 60w, the one I had would drain down to 2.9v - 3.0v.
    60w/3.0v = 20a
    86w/3.0v = 28a

Last edited:

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    I recently started using the Ego One V2 with clr 1.0 ohm coils on the 2.5 and I love it.

+1 on the Ego One V2. It's all I use at home anymore; either on a Provari or a Pico. I usually take Minifits with me when I leave the house.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread