The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I still adore my Provari but

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Breezy Dawn, Feb 18, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Breezy Dawn

Breezy Dawn Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2015
    Virginia
    I have a few V2.5s and I have been using them a little but would like to know,what is your favorite set up. I have been using Uwell crowns v1 with rba and 1.6ohms at 4.2 volts.
    I am asking because I just love my Provaris and want more options. I have seen recently here that you can MTL with a subohm coil, I was surprised by that so i tried to dtl with 1.6 ohms and it was not so nice lol.
    I just wonder how many still love this 2.5 and how everyone uses them most. There are so many variations in vape and would like to see your favorite for this little pretty!
    Also is there a Provari tube that does subohms? I have a Radius but like the tubes better. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. englishmick

englishmick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I have four 2.5's that I use every day, with KFL tanks on them. I do have a couple of Lemo tanks but they take a bit more power so they don't work on the Provaris. Use them with Picos or my new Asmodus.

I think there was a Provari tube that did higher power. P3 maybe? Not sure how high it goes. Since they don't make them any more it would be hard to get one anyway. There are some higher power tube mods out there but I don't have any names. Something like a Pico goes up to 80W so I assume you could find a tube that goes that high.

I'm sure there are a lot of 2.5's still out there since they seem to last forever.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Carto tanks. They are what the Provari was designed for.

'course it helps to have a lifetime supply of cartos. :banana:

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 5
  4. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    The Provape Procyon was their top of the line tube shape power device.
    3w - 50w / down to .4Ω / 11.5a limit. P3 & 510 threading.

It will be difficult to find one considering Provape is no more.

P2.5's work well with any delivery device that uses 1.2Ωish and above coils.
    The list is almost endless.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I'd think a Procyon would be what you want. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a couple. They DO go up to 50 watts but IDK what battery life would be on them but you would at least have a shot at sub0hm I guess.

They're my favorite provari but rare as hens teeth kinda.

You want a tube mod, maybe the Ephro 75 watt 101 tube would work? IDK it has temp control and is more modern and I think it takes one of those larger batteries, too. It might be worth a look.

Not quite as solid as a provari, but still pretty nice honestly.

Anna

Anna

• Like Like x 6
  6. Breezy Dawn

Jul 8, 2015
    Virginia
    I have looked at other tubes but i found for me at least they dont come close to the feel of the Provari in my hand. I know that are harder and harder to find but glad to there is one to keep an eye out for.
    I also have picos and use it plenty. I just want to use the Provari to its fullest lol.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Breezy Dawn

Jul 8, 2015
    Virginia
    I do use them every day. I think they are just pretty and like the size. The Crown likes it too [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
  8. bask

bask Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    The Euroneous Zone
    Running a KMV3 at 1.65ohms @ 4.4 to 5 volts usually. Really nice vape.
    59E3A2AF-7DA5-48F1-864A-3867EC5BA7BC.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  9. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    I don't sub-ohm vape at all, and I vape usually with coils between 1.3ohms-1.8ohms at the highest. I'm a Tootle Puffer through and through, so the wattage range I prefer is between about 5.2-7.5 watts the the most. My favorite tanks to use are the Berserker Mini MTL RTA and the Zenith D22.

From the specs and info that I saved, while buying ProVari before ProVape closed...it says for the 2.5 full size and the Mini, they won't fire atomizers below 1.2ohms. The specs for the Classic says it supports sub-ohm vaping down to 0.9ohms. As others have mentioned the Procyon supports down to 0.4ohms. Every now and then Procyons can still be found for sale in the Classies and on eBay. They're not cheap, but do pop up on there. The specs for my 20W P3 ProVaris that I have, state " The Provari 3 will read resistances as low as 0.6 ohms." Those do pop up more frequently on eBay and in the Classies, too, and are less expensive than the Procyons usually listed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. marshbunny

marshbunny Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    NE GA, USA
    I do still use my Provari's along with box mods. I like tube mods much better. I just ordered the Punk tube, you might be interested if you like tubes. I have not received it yet, so can not comment further. There are some good reviews online if you wish to know more.
    9686205 Authentic Teslacigs Punk 86W VW APV Tube Mod

• Like Like x 3
  11. Breezy Dawn

Jul 8, 2015
    Virginia
    I gotta say that it sure is pretty! I never had anything by them,I wonder how well it's made. Worth looking into,thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  12. marshbunny

marshbunny Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    NE GA, USA
    I have the Tesla Punk Mini 85W and I love it. It's the reason I ordered the tube. It's a bit heavy compared to the Provari, but is very well built.

• Like Like x 5
  13. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    AARG FORGOT about the tesla tube, man, it looked GREAT. Now I'm gonna have to go get me one grrr. LOL..

Never safe from shinyitis...

Anna

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. rosesense

rosesense ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2010
    South GA
    I recently started using the Ego One V2 with clr 1.0 ohm coils on the 2.5 and I love it.

Do you have a pic of that Tesla? I inherited a tube Tesla and know nothing about them. Not sure which one I have even, assuming they make several mods.

• Like Like x 3
  15. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Tesla Punk 86W Mod Steampunk Tube - Ecig Vaporizer

This one's fairly new I'm guessing you don't have it. On a mission now, I have paypal money and if I can get the tube AND the cube MTL version I am like oh ohhh oh. I also want them now, that means US.

This may take a bit of doing. LOL.

Anna

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Just know like some other Tesla power devices like the steampunk box, this too struggles with down regulation which gives the feeling they 'hit very hard' at lower power levels compared to other more accurate devices.
    7w on this will 'feel' like 10 - 12+w on most other devices.
    10w will 'feel' like 15+w or so.
    Meaning if you're normally a 7w ~ 14w or so vaper, using say 1.2Ω - 1.6ishΩ this may not be for you.

You'll need a good cell with the appropriate CDR to use it anywhere above 60w, the one I had would drain down to 2.9v - 3.0v.
    60w/3.0v = 20a
    86w/3.0v = 28a

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I am aware of Tesla's propensity to power UP. LOL. I will be vaping it in its bottom ranges most likely. I think I am more excited about the cube actually but I have searched in vain to find them in one place in the US. Sigh.

Anna

• Like Like x 3
  18. WorksForMe

WorksForMe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    +1 on the Ego One V2. It's all I use at home anymore; either on a Provari or a Pico. I usually take Minifits with me when I leave the house.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Frenchfry1942

Frenchfry1942 Chillin' Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    Rivanna
    GASP!....call the Provarinati, quick, I say!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Just get a Provari. :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status: