I stuck myself with wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
Hope you dont step on some kanthal without any shoes on....did that the other day and it doesn't feel good lol

Yeah, I've done that before... Usually I catch the strays with just my eyes. One time it was my foot that caught it, and I could have sworn it was the biggest hunk of metal EVER. Nope, just 30g wire. :)

Still, could be worse. I remember a guy posted a picture of his finger on Facebook, titled something like "what happens when you forget to lock your mod while rebuilding".

It was not pretty!

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Have I got a solution for you! (and only because I know your pain, literally and figuratively) At any auto parts store, hardware store, harbor freight, you can get a little magnetic bowl made for nuts and bolts, and things you dont want to lose. I keep it right next to me when I'm building, and all of the kanthal scraps stick right to it! If your drop something and cant find it you can just wave the bowl over the area and it will pick it up. nuch better than finding it on accident. lol No more bleeding metal slivers for me! ;)

I am SO getting one of those for my vapestation!

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Yeah, I've done that before... Usually I catch the strays with just my eyes. One time it was my foot that caught it, and I could have sworn it was the biggest hunk of metal EVER. Nope, just 30g wire. :)

Still, could be worse. I remember a guy posted a picture of his finger on Facebook, titled something like "what happens when you forget to lock your mod while rebuilding".

It was not pretty!
I didn't see one on FB (I rarely go there) but I DO remember one picture here on the forum - you could count the individual wraps on the burn!

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Ouch! I need one of those magnetic bowls.

Not vape related, but my worst metal piercing experience. One time I had put a cardboard box in the recycling bin. The recycling bin got full and I decided to squash it down instead of taking it out to dump into the big bin. I put both hands on top and mashed down as hard as I could. I had forgotten that the cardboard box was one of those that had those big metal staples. One of them punched right through my thumb, but came out when I yanked my hand back out of the bin. Hurt like you know what. I couldn't tell how far it had gone in until the next day when a perfectly straight bruise was running all the way across the pad of my thumb. Whoa, it had almost come out the other side. Makes me squirm just thinking about it.

Topacka

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2014
Seattle
Ouch! I need one of those magnetic bowls.

Not vape related, but my worst metal piercing experience. One time I had put a cardboard box in the recycling bin. The recycling bin got full and I decided to squash it down instead of taking it out to dump into the big bin. I put both hands on top and mashed down as hard as I could. I had forgotten that the cardboard box was one of those that had those big metal staples. One of them punched right through my thumb, but came out when I yanked my hand back out of the bin. Hurt like you know what. I couldn't tell how far it had gone in until the next day when a perfectly straight bruise was running all the way across the pad of my thumb. Whoa, it had almost come out the other side. Makes me squirm just thinking about it.
Big staple, so much worse. So much worse.

partyannimal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Near Jim Thorpe, PA, USA
Have I got a solution for you! (and only because I know your pain, literally and figuratively) At any auto parts store, hardware store, harbor freight, you can get a little magnetic bowl made for nuts and bolts, and things you dont want to lose. I keep it right next to me when I'm building, and all of the kanthal scraps stick right to it! If your drop something and cant find it you can just wave the bowl over the area and it will pick it up. nuch better than finding it on accident. lol No more bleeding metal slivers for me! ;)

pamarunu.jpg

That's pretty sweet!
I have a super magnet on a telescoping wand that I sweep the area with when I'm done. It was left behind by an ex who made his own fly fishing lures so I figured it'd be perfect for finding stray pieces laying around like he used to. Plus it was free and I don't know what else to do with it. I do love that bowl though!!!

Sent from the hand not holding my PV using Tapatalk

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
Ouch!

Confession time:

A few weeks ago I was trying to watch TV on the couch, nodding off. Went to take a vape, and stuck the drip tip in my eye. I keep hoping that I'm not the only one.... :oops:

lol :lol: ... um... you are ... hehehe

oh "Schaden Freude" why are you so evil

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com

pamarunu.jpg

awesome solution...magnets from disassembled hard drives are very stong ... I use those (for a number of things, besides kanthal)

destinkarette

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
Orange Grove, Texas
Ouch!

Confession time:

A few weeks ago I was trying to watch TV on the couch, nodding off. Went to take a vape, and stuck the drip tip in my eye. I keep hoping that I'm not the only one.... :oops:
Since I have started vaping I have tried vaping through either eye (not very successful), my forehead (not much succes there either despite being assured multiple times I have holes in my head) and my nose, moderately successful there if disgusting.

Snickerfritz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
USA
The other day, I was finishing up building my coil and I had a few pieces of excess kanthal lying on a paper towel. So, as was cleaning up, I just gathered the paper towel and crumpled it up in my hand. Well, one of the pieces of kanthal went THROUGH the pad of my finger. As in, in one side and out the other. It came right out, but my finger was sore for a while and the entrance and exit wounds are still visible.

k702

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
lost wages, sin city, NV
about every 15th time i take a nice vape off of my setup i clink the metal protank driptip off of one of my front teeth. Every time i get p/o'd at myself, then proceed to do it again 15 toots later.

I can't imagine anyone that's played with kanthal hasn't stabbed themselves with it by the third coil. don't feel to bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread