I taste MVP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I've had a couple MT that needed a minor pin adjustment to fire, but otherwise work fine on mine.

I don't touch T3 contacts no more, had 8 heads failing on me after touching the post... I'd rather use FT T4 (that use eVod heads). Those bases fit much better. I haven't tried T3S heads in those...

Thing is, most mods don't have that deep an eGo threading to accomodate T3, that's why the poor contact.

Vincent_Diesel

Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Boston, MA, USA
For a simple, well-built, and durable VV pv, the MVP can't be beat for the price. Innokin makes good stuff.

Well said.

I have been able to test this thing thoroughly for the last couple of weeks. Took it with me on a trip... it sits next to me on my couch. The MVP surprised the pants off me. It's a good reliable unit -- I'd pay a little more for it and wouldn't feel dissatisfied. Tied onto my DID that is worth 3X more than the MVP, I feel it is very capable.

I enjoy this setup quite a bit. Although I love my mechanical mods there is something to be said about a vape that is consistent and satisfying with every pull.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Yes, regular micro usb extension works fine. I use a retractable - similar to the provided one, but without the extra ports - plugged into a 4 port wall wart. (So I can charge more than one at a time.)

Agree. The idea of a bad battery or charger frying my computer makes the "convenience" not so much...

Same for running it as a pass through - the wall wart goes nicely into the powerstrip next to my computer.

angryguy77

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
My nephew has an mvp using protanks. That was the best hit I've ever taken off an ecig. I have two protanks on the way from fasttech, and if they don't work as well on my vamo, I'll be ordering an mvp. In a way I'm kind of hoping it doesn't because I really like the feel and size of the mvp.

I'm curious to see how many charge cycles the MVP can take before it goes kaput. That's my only concern, but not a deal breaker.

One question about the protanks if anyone uses them: Is there any difference in performance between the short and tall replacement atomizers?

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
I'm curious to see how many charge cycles the MVP can take before it goes kaput. That's my only concern, but not a deal breaker.
Yeah, I'm curious about this as well. If it is like any other rechargeable device, it seems as though the lifecycle method of letting the device run almost dry and then charging might be best.

Mine is in customs in San Francisco, hoping to get it by Saturday. Have my new Kanger Protank II just sitting there waiting for its new friend. :drool:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
The circuitry will keep it from getting below the optimum for Lithium batteries, so it shouldn't be a concern. Rated the typical 250 to 300 charges.

I just usually recharge around 900 on the counter, and reset it then. It's usually not yellow by then, but I'd rather have it charged than wonder how little is left!

Have had mine since January, and while it's not my only power source, it's still going great.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yes, regular micro usb extension works fine. I use a retractable - similar to the provided one, but without the extra ports - plugged into a 4 port wall wart. (So I can charge more than one at a time.)

Agree. The idea of a bad battery or charger frying my computer makes the "convenience" not so much...

Same for running it as a pass through - the wall wart goes nicely into the powerstrip next to my computer.

Learned this the hard way with 901, a passthrough fried my tower's power supply. And mind you, those were big, hefty power supplies.
Mostly I vape in bed with the passthrough hooked up to a cellphone power supply with the eVic. I strongly suggest you don't vape out of your computer.

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
The MVP is currently at my local post office. Since this is my first battery/mod that isn't a Joyetech vv eGo variety, I'm pretty excited to start vaping with this thing.

This video has a nice trick with the bottom button which I'll take care of immediately. I have no issue with the beauty ring hanging over the edge, but this not sitting flush on a flat surface will irritate the piss out of me.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Actually, in another (earlier in this?) thread, someone posted a different fix that was even easier...

He used a tiny screwdriver (and later added that if doing it again would use something that wouldn't scratch), and moved the output switch one way, pressed down on the "plate", back the other, pressed, and so on a few times.

I just moved the switch and pressed the button/tab, moved back and pressed... did that a few time, and it no longer sticks out. Flat and solid.

I'd guess it's just a question of seating the slide switch a bit more firmly on the internal switch. But it worked fine on my, after 8 months of "oh, well, too much bother to tear it apart, and it doesn't bother me that much anyway..." :toast:

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
First impressions:

Solid construction, very smooth and refined. I thought this was about as big as a deck of cards though, so I was surprised it was this small. I can't believe some people have said this isn't an out and about mod, it is absolutely that IMO. I already ordered a carbon fiber wrap for it but it would be just fine like it is (black).

I like the button but the placement is going to take some getting used to. It's nice and firm though, and the click has a nice ring to it.

I immediately fixed the bottom switch not being flush. All I did was take a eyeglass screwdriver and applied just enough pressure while wiggling a bit, and it sank into the bottom quite nicely. I'm thinking it may protrude again in the future but just a little push does the trick.

Tried all my juice vessels.
-Evod BCC is decent, set to 3.7v.
-eGo C is smooth but makes no sense on this thing. 3.8v
-Protank is ok but will test all day tomorrow. I had just washed it out and it was being a little finicky. 3.8v
-IClear 16 is on right now, very good flavor and vape with this one. I don't like the warm vape all that much, but the flavor and TH are great. 4.1v
-Smoktech Artemas DCT is where the rubber meets the road. Set at 4.7v and I can't see the TV anymore because the smoke is so thick. I really can see the allure of carto tanks with this kind of mod to drive the train, incredible.

David>I accidentally reset the puff counter already, this might not be that easy...lol

I don't think I've ever had a vape buzz, I have one right now. I'm not over-saturated with nicotine either, I'm tweaking! #### yes!!! :vapor:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Well, a lot depends on what you're puffing on - i.e. it's resistance. Lots of variation. Dual coils will also drain it quicker than singles.

I usually just recharge around 900, so I never have to worry about it. I'll adjust the voltage to suit the coil, but typically run 3.5 - 4.2. Never had it go out of the green if recharging around 900.

(Turn it off to reset the counter.)

CJ797

Jul 9, 2013
Missouri
Well, a lot depends on what you're puffing on - i.e. it's resistance. Lots of variation. Dual coils will also drain it quicker than singles.

I usually just recharge around 900, so I never have to worry about it. I'll adjust the voltage to suit the coil, but typically run 3.5 - 4.2. Never had it go out of the green if recharging around 900.

(Turn it off to reset the counter.)

Okay thanks. I should have mentioned that. I am using a Protank with 1.8 or 2.2 coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread