I tasted for the first time today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankgirl

Jan 21, 2011
Tulsa!
I was sort of choking on a puff and some got way back on the back and sides of my tongue and all of a sudden there was this great burst of lemony flavor knocking my socks off. It's late and I'm not really going to get into it right now, but I have struggled with sticking to vaping despite the lack of taste for months now. I smoked almost 30 years and was working my way up to three packs a day until I took up vaping. You guys were very supportive when I couldn't taste anything and urged me to hang in there for a couple of months after quitting analogs. I almost didn't think it would matter because I had also read here that tasting is really just the smell of it, and that inhaling and exhaling through my nose was the way to go.
I've been resigned to that and still have learned to love the little blunted taste I was getting and the wonderful aroma of the fruity bakery things I like. So, tonight's shockingly strong taste was just that, and I vaped like mad for at least 5 minutes straight to recreate the sensation.
My vape was Pure Vapor's Lemon Creme Puff, and I am go glad that it was the first I tasted because it was just like my mother's lemon bars, and those are the best in the world.
Well, I guess I got into it after all. I am very happy now, and am also happy to report that I am down from almost 3 packs a day to about 5 analogs a day. I don't know if that is why I tasted something today, but the taste was very far back on the sides of my tongue and might have been ok all along. If so, then I lucked out!
TG:vapor:

tigerlily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2010
Oklahoma
Congratulations! Now that your taste buds are waking up I'm sure you will notice that everything tastes better now.

I couldn't help noticing you were from Tulsa too. I keep looking for other vapers running around the Tulsa area, but haven't found any. I know we are out there though since I've seen others on these forums. In case you haven't already discovered, I thought I'd mention that we have a major supplier right next door in Sand Springs. If you haven't checked out Vapor Kings yet, you should do so. The folks there are really nice and it's a terrific opportunity to actually talk face to face with another vaper and share experiences.

DuncanDisordely

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
London
Congrats! I hope it returns 'in full' V soon!

PS - I stick the tip of my tongue into the stream of vape coming through my lips as I vape, the strawberry knocks the hell outta my sweet receptors that way! Also looking forward to tasting 'properly' again although I think its JUST starting to come back... I'm a wanna-be chef so taste is very important to me :)

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Definitely! Sweet and sour (tart) are two things your tongue can taste. Sweet, sour, bitter, salty and umami (MSG). When a juice maker gets the sweet and/or sour right and the aroma right - bingo! I think sweet and sweet/tart juices and even sweet tobaccos or sweet/tart ones like cherry tobacco are popular because they do give the tongue something to taste. And the aroma completes the flavor.

I am expecting my ecigs tomorrow and you hit on one of my concerns. Great post!!! I tried my neighbors modern vapor brew and was like eeehh... yesterday she got in backwoods brew flavors. I hit vanilla and a carmel flavor.. it was nice and full..
My point is i think part is finding your taste buds again.. and the other part the juice. I am new to it.. that is my best guess..:)

DuncanDisordely

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
London
Definitely! Sweet and sour (tart) are two things your tongue can taste. Sweet, sour, bitter, salty and umami (MSG). When a juice maker gets the sweet and/or sour right and the aroma right - bingo! I think sweet and sweet/tart juices and even sweet tobaccos or sweet/tart ones like cherry tobacco are popular because they do give the tongue something to taste. And the aroma completes the flavor.

umami? URGH - no way! maybe you can taste umami but mine tastes nothing like my mother!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread