I think I’m making the switch....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
So after DL vaping for 3 years I think I’m finally switching to MTL. Almost every morning I wake up with a film of clear mucus and mildly tight lungs from vaping. I contribute this to the massive vapor production from my sub ohm mods and RDA’s. All I want out of vaping at this point is my nicotine fix and flavorful juices.

It’s a shame though...I have so many devices and RDAs. :(

I might go back someday. And if I do I’ll have everything I need.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Many RDAs can be used for both MTL and DL. It all depends how the airflow is set up. If the airflow is sufficiently variable there’s no problem. The pulse, for example, cannot be used for MTL but the velocity can. The big differences between MTL and DL are coil resistance and airflow. With an RDA you have control of the coil so all that matters is the airflow.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I do both. I don’t see why your rtas need to be benched. When I first get up in the morning, mtl suits me better. Especially in the winter because the air is so dry I guess. Just seems less irritating. If I go all mtl I don’t feel I’m getting enough nic, all dl and the higher vg feels too heavy on my lungs.

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
Did the same 4 month ago.
Went to Freebase 8 MG and mixed 60VG40PG. Had first mix with 20% Flavor.
Now i can go back mixing 10 to 15%.

I bought myself a Vapefly Galaxy and an Berserker mini. Now i got a Billet Box and can stay on MTL.
First to make the switch easier to used to double draw. So to say two MTL draw right behind the other.
Then reduced to a single MTL draw.

Use MTL RTAs because they brought me best flavor and volume.

Have to say that you need the pressure from the airflow below or beneath the coil to get the real MTL feeling.
A loose draw did not satisfied me. So i had to spent money on new RTAs.

Sold all my DL stuff on the private sales. And so got some money back.

Took some time to get used to but will stay on MTL as this is more a "normal" habbit i have to say.
i can even let the mod sit on my desk while going to the toilet :)

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
I did the opposite.. I use to be a MTL'er and vaped that way for years.. Like 9 years... Started restricted DL vaping and a few months ago transitioned to full on airy DL....

I tried MTL again a few days ago and nope, can't do it anymore...

darkside_newthumb.png

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
The big differences between MTL and DL are coil resistance and airflow.
I didn’t know that there are specific resistances to DL and MTL, I thought it only depended on how much airflow the atomizer provided. What are the values of the normal DL and MTL resistances?

Reactions: stols001

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
Many RDAs can be used for both MTL and DL. It all depends how the airflow is set up. If the airflow is sufficiently variable there’s no problem. The pulse, for example, cannot be used for MTL but the velocity can. The big differences between MTL and DL are coil resistance and airflow. With an RDA you have control of the coil so all that matters is the airflow.
You can also use some of your RDAs for taste-testing new DIY eliquid samples, if you DIY. Many people use them for that.
yes I do DIY. Good idea

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
I did the opposite.. I use to be a MTL'er and vaped that way for years.. Like 9 years... Started restricted DL vaping and a few months ago transitioned to full on airy DL....

I tried MTL again a few days ago and nope, can't do it anymore...
I wonder if that will be me. Right now I’m using my DL devices and I do enjoy them. :thumbs:

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
I do both. I don’t see why your rtas need to be benched. When I first get up in the morning, mtl suits me better. Especially in the winter because the air is so dry I guess. Just seems less irritating. If I go all mtl I don’t feel I’m getting enough nic, all dl and the higher vg feels too heavy on my lungs.
I completely agree. I find that if I DL all day I wake up in the morning with kind of a tight lung feeling. I can see me using MTL in the morning and maybe the DL during the day. If I DL too much at night it can get pretty bad in the morning...even with my mixes 50/50

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
I didn’t know that there are specific resistances to DL and MTL, I thought it only depended on how much airflow the atomizer provided. What are the values of the normal DL and MTL resistances?
All personal preference. Usually MTL would be .7 and above as far as resistance goes...but I usually DL around .5-.6. At 40 watts.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I switched to dl from mtl about a month or two back.
My mouth is enjoying the change. Lower nic hitting the gums and roof etc makes dl a far more enjoyable experience for me.
I havnt experienced any tightness in the chest yet but I also havnt jumped up my juice usage by much more than a month a day.
I run every day so tightness in the chest would be something I would notice. Maybe l might be to early into dl to notice any difference.

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
I switched to dl from mtl about a month or two back.
My mouth is enjoying the change. Lower nic hitting the gums and roof etc makes dl a far more enjoyable experience for me.
I havnt experienced any tightness in the chest yet but I also havnt jumped up my juice usage by much more than a month a day.
I run every day so tightness in the chest would be something I would notice. Maybe l might be to early into dl to notice any difference.
It took me around 2 years before I noticed some of the side effects mentioned. I too work out everyday (cardio included)

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
Out of curiosity, did these symptoms just start?
So they started in October and were worse than they are now. I was purchasing heavily flavored juices and high VG. Read that it could have been the high VG....started DIY and mixed 50/50 blends. Got way better but still noticeable on some mornings. I’m not the best at consuming enough water so that may contribute. And it’s not every morning, just when I vape a lot the previous night.

Sometimes im so quick to blame vaping or vaping style. o_O Open to suggestions

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Your chest tightness is slightly strange. I smoked for 35 years and did myself a lot of damage but since I started vaping the one thing I notice is a clearer chest. Maybe get yourself checked out by the doctor. Out of interest do you like a hot vape?

And my main reason for responding...I bought my wife an ammit MTL RDA at christmas and she loves it and so do I. The flavour on it is superb and it's made me think about getting one also. Anyway good luck to you :)

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
Your chest tightness is slightly strange. I smoked for 35 years and did myself a lot of damage but since I started vaping the one thing I notice is a clearer chest. Maybe get yourself checked out by the doctor. Out of interest do you like a hot vape?

And my main reason for responding...I bought my wife an ammit MTL RDA at christmas and she loves it and so do I. The flavour on it is superb and it's made me think about getting one also. Anyway good luck to you :)
I don’t usually like a “hot vape” but notice the tightness goes away in about 30 minutes in the morning and nothing noticeable throughout the day. And only on some mornings. I feel it is just caused by the volume of vapor, hence why I want to switch to MTL. I only do it for my nicotine and don’t need to blow clouds

Are you a DL vaper?

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
I'm dipping my toes into MTL too, but what the heck! Every time I try MTL, all I get is noob smoker coughing. I also have some dark brown mucus every morning, but I think that's from my bleeding gums collecting blood at my throat while snoring overnight. My gums started bleeding after I stopped smoking, and it never stopped. My gums, at any given day will have one sore tooth, no permanent area but it's painful as sheet. I read somewhere it's one of known effects of quitting smoking, so I didn't relate that to vaping at all. But I can also be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread