I think I’m making the switch....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
I don’t usually like a “hot vape” but notice the tightness goes away in about 30 minutes in the morning and nothing noticeable throughout the day. And only on some mornings. I feel it is just caused by the volume of vapor, hence why I want to switch to MTL. I only do it for my nicotine and don’t need to blow clouds

Are you a DL vaper?
Also, I had a physical a month ago. O2 sats are good and lung function is fine. Probably just being paranoid.

Reactions: DeloresRose

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
So after DL vaping for 3 years I think I’m finally switching to MTL. Almost every morning I wake up with a film of clear mucus and mildly tight lungs from vaping. I contribute this to the massive vapor production from my sub ohm mods and RDA’s. All I want out of vaping at this point is my nicotine fix and flavorful juices.

It’s a shame though...I have so many devices and RDAs. :(

I might go back someday. And if I do I’ll have everything I need.
Its probably easier to go to mtl rebuildables, as I dont think there is as many mtl drop in choices as there are dtl drop ins options. I suppose for mtl drop ins, there are a few and also the pod mods, so you should be ok. Now if you rebuild, the sky is the limit and you probably won't ever go back to sub ohm tanks. I believe a good percentage of vapors start sub tanks simply because they are so easy to get and are everywhere, where as mtl options are not as readily available. Also low mg juice is a little easier to obtain then higher mg juice. I'm one who believes less juice inhaled, no matter the nic, is a healthier option.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I don’t usually like a “hot vape” but notice the tightness goes away in about 30 minutes in the morning and nothing noticeable throughout the day. And only on some mornings. I feel it is just caused by the volume of vapor, hence why I want to switch to MTL. I only do it for my nicotine and don’t need to blow clouds

Are you a DL vaper?
Yes DL...I started as mtl but then quickly went to dl in the search for throat hit and tobacco flavour. I know that salts can give a tightness in the chest some say but i'd still check it out with a doc just in case and he might shed some light on exactly what is happening.

Reactions: stols001

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Also, I had a physical a month ago. O2 sats are good and lung function is fine. Probably just being paranoid.
Aaah...well if the O2 sats are ok then it may well be paranoia :) Certainly certain emotional reaction can cause physical symptoms :)

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
Its probably easier to go to mtl rebuildables, as I dont think there is as many mtl drop in choices as there are dtl drop ins options. I suppose for mtl drop ins, there are a few and also the pod mods, so you should be ok. Now if you rebuild, the sky is the limit and you probably won't ever go back to sub ohm tanks. I believe a good percentage of vapors start sub tanks simply because they are so easy to get and are everywhere, where as mtl options are not as readily available. Also low mg juice is a little easier to obtain then higher mg juice. I'm one who believes less juice inhaled, no matter the nic, is a healthier option.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I build all my own coils now so that shouldn’t be a problem. I also DIY ejuice so you’re right...sky is the limit.

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
So they started in October

And it’s not every morning, just when I vape a lot the previous night.

Only you know your body. Anytime there is a change that worries you, medical advice from a doctor is the best. You mentioned you had a physical and your O2 sat was good. Did you talk to the doctor about your chest tightness in the morning?

I’m interested in your journey to MTL and if it helps with the morning mucus and chest tightening.

• Agree

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
Only you know your body. Anytime there is a change that worries you, medical advice from a doctor is the best. You mentioned you had a physical and your O2 sat was good. Did you talk to the doctor about your chest tightness in the morning?

I’m interested in your journey to MTL and if it helps with the morning mucus and chest tightening.
Thanks. I have a MTL tank coming in the mail in the next few days. I’ll be sure to check back.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I'm dipping my toes into MTL too, but what the heck! Every time I try MTL, all I get is noob smoker coughing. I also have some dark brown mucus every morning, but I think that's from my bleeding gums collecting blood at my throat while snoring overnight. My gums started bleeding after I stopped smoking, and it never stopped. My gums, at any given day will have one sore tooth, no permanent area but it's painful as sheet. I read somewhere it's one of known effects of quitting smoking, so I didn't relate that to vaping at all. But I can also be wrong.
    Gargle with 50/50 peroxide/water followed by warm salt water, daily.
    Don't swallow....:thumb:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    My gums started bleeding after I stopped smoking, and it never stopped. My gums, at any given day will have one sore tooth, no permanent area but it's painful as sheet. I read somewhere it's one of known effects of quitting smoking, so I didn't relate that to vaping at all. But I can also be wrong.

Mine did, too, though I'd never had any bleeding gum issues in the past at all. None of my teeth nor gums were sore though. The bleeding was an annoyance and a mystery though, as I'd always had really good dental check-ups...even as a smoker for 42+ years. Always did regular brushing and flossing and had 6-month dental check-ups.

My dentist and my doctor both said that smoking causes the blood vessels in the gums to constrict. That constriction can mask gum issues you may be having, so they don't become apparent until after you quit smoking. I'd have thought there would have been some indication in all those years I smoked though.

Anyway, when both of the above recommended it...I started brushing my teeth after every meal with Parodontax toothpaste (it's over the counter, not prescription). Tube info states: "Helps prevent bleeding gums. Clinically proven to promote healthy gums and strong teeth. Daily fluoride, anticavity and antigingivitis toothpaste." It comes in several different flavors, and it worked wonders for me within 2 weeks! I'd give it a try if I were you. :thumbs:

Last edited:

dom qp

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2015
    South Central... Ontario
    If, emphasis on the 'IF', you enjoy DTL vaping and are going MTL to reduce the amount of vapor, you could also just try a less powerful DTL vape.

Sometimes I need to go smaller. I hate MTL so when I do I just use higher resistance.

I.e. My usual vape lately has been a 0.18 fused clapton. When I need something smaller I go with something in the 0.3s/0.4s and even recently experimented with the 0.5s and 0.6s.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Simmonsd515, can we ask what you're using for your coils?

And have you tried using unflavoured 100% PG or 100% VG for any period of time?

As you could have a sensitivity to something. Like I've found out that every time I vape a liquid with melon flavouring, I end up with a sore throat. As soon as I stop it, it starts to clear up.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Your chest tightness is slightly strange. I smoked for 35 years and did myself a lot of damage but since I started vaping the one thing I notice is a clearer chest. Maybe get yourself checked out by the doctor. Out of interest do you like a hot vape?

And my main reason for responding...I bought my wife an ammit MTL RDA at christmas and she loves it and so do I. The flavour on it is superb and it's made me think about getting one also. Anyway good luck to you :)
    I have the Ammit 24 and like it so well, I’ll probably get the mtl as well.

F-machine

ECF Veteran
    Nov 24, 2018
    Trapped in Asia
    I started brushing my teeth after every meal with Parodontax toothpaste (it's over the counter, not prescription). Tube info states: "Helps prevent bleeding gums. Clinically proven to promote healthy gums and strong teeth. Daily fluoride, anticavity and antigingivitis toothpaste." It comes in several different flavors, and it worked wonders for me within 2 weeks! I'd give it a try if I were you. :thumbs:

Hey! Thanks you guys! Not my thread but this one is really useful, sorry OP if I have another topic going on here.

I'm gonna have to know the chinese name of that brand! LOL My bleeding gums started the very day I stopped smoking. Short story... I have stained teeth from smoking 20 years. I thought I'd make solid, multiple efforts to remind myself that I am quitting. So after preparing all my vape gear, and throwing away those fancy lighters, I went to the dentist. I had my teeth cleaned. I have pearly whites now. But that cleaning session really made my mouth bleed for like 45 minutes. Like I just had a street brawl kinda bleeding, you know. I thought it will stop after a few days, but that's what 'kinda' what started it. It's still bleeding even now, but just minor bleeding, like 30 secs blood bursts, at least 4 to 5 times a day. Anyways, I will take your advice too, as I really hate the taste of my own blood and the morning gunk. Thank you all guys!

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    The Mtl ammit is fantastic.

I have no comment on your heath issues, as I am afraid I am neither a doctor nor a subomher.

Well, I guess my comment is, "If I had to switch to DL at any time, I would totally and completely hate it. I don't think I would do well with it." Hopefully you are feeling more optimistic about it.

Anna

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    So after DL vaping for 3 years I think I’m finally switching to MTL. Almost every morning I wake up with a film of clear mucus and mildly tight lungs from vaping. I contribute this to the massive vapor production from my sub ohm mods and RDA’s. All I want out of vaping at this point is my nicotine fix and flavorful juices.

It’s a shame though...I have so many devices and RDAs. :(

I might go back someday. And if I do I’ll have everything I need.

I've been slowly shifting back to MTL and away from the clouds. I don't have any health issues either way, but find it amusing that I recently bought some Kanger Evod kits, which is where I started in 2013. Like many others I "evolved" over the years and spent literally thousands of dollars on vaping equipment, most of which has been sold, and using MTL devices with high-nic juice is the only method that keeps me from smoking. Chain-vaping like a mad man with my RDAs doesn't work - it just gives me a headache.

I intend to keep using my squonkers and other setups with RDAs, but more and more I reach for my pod-mods. After dual using for 5 years (2-3 butts per day) I am basically smoke-free this year - I've had a few puffs on two occasions, but my cravings are near zero. I attribute my success to using higher nic MTL devices.

Last edited:
    Reactions: mattiem
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread