Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I didn’t know that there are specific resistances to DL and MTL, I thought it only depended on how much airflow the atomizer provided. What are the values of the normal DL and MTL resistances?
There are and there aren’t. If you’ve got too much coil the lower airflow of mtl won’t be enough to keep your wick from burning. Also for good flavor a mtl atty benefits from a smaller chamber. This generally means smaller, often single coils of somewhere between .5 and 2ohm. You could theoretically make a .2ohm mtl coil, but it would not benefit from the additional watts required to run it and not work that well. MTL doesn’t need high watts to work well because you’re not making that much steam so you don’t need that much power and can drop your wattage way down which makes for vastly better battery life. On my berserker mini I use a single 28g SS 2.5mm 7 wrap for somewhere near .9ohm myself. I run it on a legend (because I had one). The 8w it draws means the thing lasts for two days.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
There are and there aren’t. If you’ve got too much coil the lower airflow of mtl won’t be enough to keep your wick from burning. Also for good flavor a mtl atty benefits from a smaller chamber. This generally means smaller, often single coils of somewhere between .5 and 2ohm. You could theoretically make a .2ohm mtl coil, but it would not benefit from the additional watts required to run it and not work that well. MTL doesn’t need high watts to work well because you’re not making that much steam so you don’t need that much power and can drop your wattage way down which makes for vastly better battery life. On my berserker mini I use a single 28g SS 2.5mm 7 wrap for somewhere near .9ohm myself. I run it on a legend (because I had one). The 8w it draws means the thing lasts for two days.
Thanks...as it happens, I also have a Berserker Mini (2 of them, actually), also with 2.5mm Ss coils, but less wraps, so I’m at about 0.7 Ohm. I have my initial wattage set at 33Watts, but set in TC mode, so I don’t really know how much power it’s drawing. I’ll connect it to the computer one of these days and watch the monitor...

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
Just an update guys. Woke up this morning. Went downstairs and drank some water grabbed a coffee and waited 30 minutes before grabbing my vape. Took small puffs to get warmed up and no tightness whatsoever. No changes in my vaping the previous night. I think I’m just trying to take too many big pulls first thing upon waking.

• Winner
Reactions: Zazie

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
Simmonsd515, can we ask what you're using for your coils?

And have you tried using unflavoured 100% PG or 100% VG for any period of time?

As you could have a sensitivity to something. Like I've found out that every time I vape a liquid with melon flavouring, I end up with a sore throat. As soon as I stop it, it starts to clear up.
Very odd you say that...because that morning I woke up with the mild tightness I vaped my melon mix (5% watermelon, 5% honeydew) I didn’t vape it last night and was fine this morning. I bring unflavored to work and enjoy it even at home.

I know I can’t vape high VG (iv tried) but all my mixes are 55vg/45pg or 50/50 and I seem to be doing fine with that. I guess it could be the certain flavorings that cause this but I also took a little bit of time this morning before reaching for my vape so I am unable to pin point which caused it...flavors or giving myself time to wake up before DL hits

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Simmonsd515, so it may well be worth trying unflavoured with differing amounts of PG and VG initially to find out if the issue lies there.

And if you find the ratios that resolve your issue you could then possibly start adding a flavor at a time and use for a period, and keep a log of your experiences.

And may I ask what your issue is with high VG please?

Reactions: stols001

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
Simmonsd515, so it may well be worth trying unflavoured with differing amounts of PG and VG initially to find out if the issue lies there.

And if you find the ratios that resolve your issue you could then possibly start adding a flavor at a time and use for a period, and keep a log of your experiences.

And may I ask what your issue is with high VG please?
Makes me wheezy and short of breath. Although I was purchasing commercial ejuice a loaded with flavorings and sucralose. I haven’t dared to up the VG content in my DIY because I don’t want to experience those symptoms again. Plus, I found the throat hit from 50% pg is actually kind of enjoyable. Better flavor with less percentage too.

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
I know that PG carries flavours better.

Have you tried upping PG content a little bit more?

Or even tried full PG?
I used a dripper so I found that 50/50 is really as high as I can go for PG %. I have a MTL tank coming in tomorrow and I’ll try a higher % of PG at that point.

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
Sorry guys one more update. I think I have narrowed down my symptoms to the flavoring in my ejuice. I seem to be fine vaping low percentages (like 2-3%) of flavoring but anything over 5% causes my chest tightness. I do fine with unflavored. I also found that I can tolerate higher VG without flavors! Anyone else experience this??

Reactions: Mordacai
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread