The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I think I Might have solved the mysterious whistling EGO-T

Discussion in 'Experiments With Equipment' started by strprswpr, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. strprswpr

strprswpr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 29, 2011
    Bronx, NY
    I was getting a whistling noise coming from my Ego-T when I draw on it. Well I think I've figured it out and corrected it. In the threads of the battery is a gold colored disc. Take a paperclip and stick it in between the threads and the disc and gently pry working the disc upward. Not too much just a little. Then take the atty and look into the side that threads to the battery....you'll see another gold colored disc. Take a round toothpick and break off about an 1/8" off the tip. Throw away the short piece you just broke off. Insert the toothpick in the hole in the bottom of the atty and with a small rotating motion try to work that disc up a little. Now put the whole thing together and vape....the whistling should be gone. What I think is happening is there is a gap created between the two disks when your changing atty's. I would say this procedure would be necessary every time you use a new atty. Then again every time the atty is removed. I hope I explained this so everyone can understand and I'd love to know if other people have success with this.

2. strprswpr

strprswpr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 29, 2011
    Bronx, NY
    Still not whistling....

3. DevilFishPhil

DevilFishPhil Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2011
    Montreal, QC
    I had noticed the whistling as well, but it was a result of the atomizer not being screwed on tight enough...

4. MASTER0FDAMPF

MASTER0FDAMPF Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2011
    Philly
    same here, loose atty=whistle

messing with battery posts is a dangerous thing IMHO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.